• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Comey vs Trump

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Comey assured Trump on three separate occasions according to his own testimony that he was NOT under investigation, so you stating this "I think it highly unusual to have a private meeting with a subordinate who is leading an investigation into the only other person in the room"..is false.

Also just curious, when Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch with his wife under investigation by the DOJ at the time, you said what about that?

The memo Comey wrote exonerating Clinton was written months before he interviewed her. That is not what he told Congress.
Trump dismissed Pence and Sessions in the conversation where he basically asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn. He also asked for loyalty. Do you have any problem with that? I do.

As far as Clinton meeting Lynch...I've never heard anyone ask if they were alone or if someone else was listening to their conversation. Remember that she was on a regular jet, not AF 1. That means there was not a private space for them to talk. More like a business jet...comfy seats, but one cabin...unless they went in the cockpit. The more important point is that Clinton was a private citizen and had no power over Lynch. She was not his subordinate and he certainly couldn't fire her.

S

Sickofleft

Trump dismissed Pence and Sessions in the conversation where he basically asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn. He also asked for loyalty. Do you have any problem with that? I do.

As far as Clinton meeting Lynch...I've never heard anyone ask if they were alone or if someone else was listening to their conversation. Remember that she was on a regular jet, not AF 1. That means there was not a private space for them to talk. More like a business jet...comfy seats, but one cabin...unless they went in the cockpit. The more important point is that Clinton was a private citizen and had no power over Lynch. She was not his subordinate and he certainly couldn't fire her.
No he was just a former President who happened to be the husband of the then Dem nominee for the Presidency who everyone would have and did bet (including myself) that she was going to be Lynch's new boss.......

Yep....nothing to see there.........:rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with a President asking to speak to someone on his own. Given everything we know concerning this election and what is going on at the FBI I can hardly blame the guy for trying to find out where Comey stood.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, you just admitted it. It's okay. Everyone understands, @middleview .
I just admitted that you can't answer the question. That is what "everyone" at my house understands...I won't try to speak for anyone else. That would make me just as credible as you are.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No he was just a former President who happened to be the husband of the then Dem nominee for the Presidency who everyone would have and did bet (including myself) that she was going to be Lynch's new boss.......

Yep....nothing to see there.........:rolleyes:

I don't have a problem with a President asking to speak to someone on his own. Given everything we know concerning this election and what is going on at the FBI I can hardly blame the guy for trying to find out where Comey stood.
He wasn't trying to find out where he stood...he wouldn't have needed to worry about having Pence and Sessions in the room for that. He wanted to find out if he'd take directions...would he dismiss the investigation into Flynn...would he declare blind loyalty to the president....

Both questions show just what Trump is worth...not much.

Last edited:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I just admitted that you can't answer the question. That is what "everyone" at my house understands...I won't try to speak for anyone else. That would make me just as credible as you are.
And that would be like a midget trying to win the high jump event.