• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Computer help:

NightSwimmer

Senator
I sincerely doubt that a deleted post is truly "deleted". It's simply no longer displayed in the thread. It's most likely still stored away in a log file somewhere.

BRU

Mayor
We may need something stronger than coffee.

Don't you worry my friend, we can see when something is deleted so what we may need or not need is an undelete button so that if someone does report something and deletes we can bring it back over and over again. Make it a game. ha ha

On a serious note - now that there are quite a few Moderators, if one is present on a thread going south they may delete quickly.

Ahh....but that was the point here. To get a back handed/ veiled slap in and drop some bait completely off topic. Never fear tho; I'm getting used to it. Your presence here should stop the migration "south" . Kudos

Minotaur

Governor
Morning Bru. I try to be helpful with facts where possible when asked or am told something. We're here to help all posters so I don't need to think about anything but the question or subject. I am unaware of someone reporting and then deleting their own but we would be able to see a delete was made. Wouldn't mean much anyway. Just an interesting detail. Not an issue.

Minotaur

Governor
That part I wouldn't know but I tend to agree with you. I don't see the wording on the deleted post just the statement deleted. Typical of most I think.

Minotaur

Governor
Yep he will! As an aside; that freeware I told you about is suppose to be pretty good if anyone wants to try it. Gotta run and get on with my day. Take care...

BRU

Mayor
Morning Bru. I try to be helpful with facts where possible when asked or am told something. We're here to help all posters so I don't need to think about anything but the question or subject. I am unaware of someone reporting and then deleting their own but we would be able to see a delete was made. Wouldn't mean much anyway. Just an interesting detail. Not an issue.
and I appreciate that, however your "help" was not the motive here, none the less it paid off in the end, because now THAT subject can finally be put to rest so thanks for that.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Thanks Mary...I wrote it down on my notepad of "Things to do when Computer gives me fits". I hope this thread was helpful to Cotton. He hasn't replied so hopefully his computer didn't completely crash. Techs cost lots of money. But what would we do without them?

G

Greenridgeman

I was getting an endless barrage of security alerts, asking if I wanted to proceed, not proceed, or, view certificate.

Nothing stopped it, until IE came on and closed out, and it went away.

Maybe it was fixing something for you.

You ought to be golfing anyway.

And I should and will be out of here before long.

Too nice to piss away a lot of time here, for either of us old geezers.

I think I'll go burn brushpiles!!!

; - )

G

Greenridgeman

There are problems that coffee cannot solve???

NO WAY!!!!

yes, there are so many different answers to the problem that i have no idea what to do... as Ridge said, coffee doesn't solve all problems! lol

Council Member
yes, there are so many different answers to the problem that i have no idea what to do... as Ridge said, coffee doesn't solve all problems! lol
I found out that settings does not work, but if you go through form actions above on the red bar you will be taken to settings page.

I would post the fix for you but the mods would just edit what I post, so why bother.
loll touche! Newt!

Fixed it... just googled the phrase that kept coming up! It was freezing up due to add-ons! got my fingers crossed. Will know soon!

Thank u everyone for the good info!

Gin, I've tried FireFox.... for some reason, it doesn't help!

MaryAnne

Governor
It would be worthwhile to try Nina's suggestion. If you don't know how to do a "System Restore", then look it up in your Windows help file. It's not that difficult and there's no harm in trying it.

That said, a really nasty infection will also corrupt your System Restore backups, or make them inaccessible.
Go to start,click on Control panel. Go to maintenence, Click on. To the left top you will see systems restore. Click that, follow directions.

The only thing was before I installed the new IE the computer would not allow that to go all the way through. But any time I run into problems that is what I do and usually fixes it.

I will do no adds on as that is the main problem slowing down your computer.

Friday13

Governor
Go to msn.com, downloads, get free download of Microsoft Security Essentials...it's saved my ass more than a couple of times, is a MS product, and it's free. You get regular updates and if it "cleans" your 'puter, you can send a report for something new that it finds. I have it on all three 'puters.

MaryAnne

Governor
loll touche! Newt!

Fixed it... just googled the phrase that kept coming up! It was freezing up due to add-ons! got my fingers crossed. Will know soon!

Thank u everyone for the good info!

Gin, I've tried FireFox.... for some reason, it doesn't help!
Add ons slow a computer down. I was told that this week and he wondered why I had so many add ons.

And,I did not like Firefox.

I am moving fast and like it that way. The new version of IE is great. You do not have Vista do you? They had many problems with that one. Came out right after I got Windows XP.

If Fixfox is your browser... do u need to delete internet explorer? Also, i've google also. Does that create problems with the speed of the computer?