• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Con hero Zimmy just won't give up on NBC suit

Bo-4

Senator
Guess he'll have to get a real job, sell another plagiarized painting to some gun nut, or renew focus on his "legal defense fund". :(

=====

George Zimmerman files appeal, hoping to revive NBC libel suit

By Rene Stutzman, Staff Writer
10:32 a.m. EDT, July 24, 2014

Former Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman has decided to appeal the ruling of a Sanford judge, who last month threw out his libel suit against NBC Universal.

A notice of appeal appeared Tuesday in the case file in Sanford.

Zimmerman, 30, had sued the media giant in 2012, accusing it of defaming him in five news reports following the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old whom Zimmerman killed in Sanford Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman's lawyer, James Beasley Jr. of Philadelphia, had argued that the media company falsely portrayed Zimmerman as a racist.

But on June 30, Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson threw out the case. She ruled that in four of those reports, although editors had shortened Zimmerman's 911 call to a dispatcher, eliminating some of his words, the deletions were insignificant.

She also ruled that Zimmerman would never be able to prove another claim: that the network falsely reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.

That's because, Nelson wrote, an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.

Beasley was not available for comment this morning.

UPNYA2

Mayor
Guess he'll have to get a real job, sell another plagiarized painting to some gun nut, or renew focus on his "legal defense fund". :(

=====

Former Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman has decided to appeal the ruling of a Sanford judge, who last month threw out his libel suit against NBC Universal.

Zimmerman, 30, had sued the media giant in 2012, accusing it of defaming him in five news reports following the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old whom Zimmerman killed in Sanford Feb. 26, 2012.

Zimmerman's lawyer, James Beasley Jr. of Philadelphia, had argued that the media company falsely portrayed Zimmerman as a racist.

But on June 30, Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson threw out the case. She ruled that in four of those reports, although editors had shortened Zimmerman's 911 call to a dispatcher, eliminating some of his words, the deletions were insignificant.

She also ruled that Zimmerman would never be able to prove another claim: that the network falsely reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.

That's because, Nelson wrote, an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.

Why is it you feel Zimmerman is a "hero" to anyone, let alone "the conservatives"?

I mean, seriously, all in the world the guy ever did was go through the court system of the US for a crime he was accused of having committed and get found to be not guilty.

Nothing there to make most people think, "hero", so what gives?
It is as if you are of the opinion that people who are not guilty of a crime are somehow, "heros", but that would be only YOUR opinion, it is not the opinion of any conservatives I know. The conservative that I know are of the opinion people should not be guilty of crimes period. Apparently only you dems find it heroic to actually NOT break the law.

It is also interesting to note how you feel about a US citizen using all of our judicial system, interesting how you feel compelled to ridicule the use of the appeal process. It is almost as if you are saying people should just accept whatever the first step in the judicial process says, is that correct?

Also, did you find it odd how the judge explained away the 5th case Zimmerman wished to be heard?

"She also ruled that Zimmerman would never be able to prove another claim: that the network falsely reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.

That's because, Nelson wrote, an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue."

What I mean to ask is, if the network did in fact,(and I am not saying they did, I truely am asking), report that he "used a racial epithet during the call.", AND, if, as the judge said, "an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.", wouldn't that mean that NBC actually DID, "falsely reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.", making his point for him?

If NBC "reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.", BUT, "an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.", as the JUDGE said, wouldn't that mean that NBC was wrong, as is being alleged?

It seems to me that if NBC, "reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.", then the burden to prove the use of said "racial epithet during the call.", would fall upon NBC, would it not?

In which case the fact that, as the judge said, "an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.", should be more of a problem for NBC than for Zimmerman, wouldn't you think?

Basically what this judge is saying is that, unless the accused can prove otherwise, it can be reported that he/she said anything? This seems backward to me.

You?

Bo-4

Senator
Why is it you feel Zimmerman is a "hero" to anyone, let alone "the conservatives"?

I mean, seriously, all in the world the guy ever did was go through the court system of the US for a crime he was accused of having committed and get found to be not guilty.

Nothing there to make most people think, "hero", so what gives?
It is as if you are of the opinion that people who are not guilty of a crime are somehow, "heros", but that would be only YOUR opinion, it is not the opinion of any conservatives I know. The conservative that I know are of the opinion people should not be guilty of crimes period. Apparently only you dems find it heroic to actually NOT break the law.

It is also interesting to note how you feel about a US citizen using all of our judicial system, interesting how you feel compelled to ridicule the use of the appeal process. It is almost as if you are saying people should just accept whatever the first step in the judicial process says, is that correct?

Also, did you find it odd how the judge explained away the 5th case Zimmerman wished to be heard?

"She also ruled that Zimmerman would never be able to prove another claim: that the network falsely reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.

That's because, Nelson wrote, an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue."

What I mean to ask is, if the network did in fact,(and I am not saying they did, I truely am asking), report that he "used a racial epithet during the call.", AND, if, as the judge said, "an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.", wouldn't that mean that NBC actually DID, "falsely reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.", making his point for him?

If NBC "reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.", BUT, "an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.", as the JUDGE said, wouldn't that mean that NBC was wrong, as is being alleged?

It seems to me that if NBC, "reported that he used a racial epithet during the call.", then the burden to prove the use of said "racial epithet during the call.", would fall upon NBC, would it not?

In which case the fact that, as the judge said, "an FBI team of audio experts had already studied the recording and could not identify the word at issue.", should be more of a problem for NBC than for Zimmerman, wouldn't you think?

Basically what this judge is saying is that, unless the accused can prove otherwise, it can be reported that he/she said anything? This seems backward to me.

You?
Uppy, we have at least 20 Cons in this forum who have duhfended this idiot tooth and nail from the get-go. Of late, they've been quiet because he is pretty embarrassing.

As for the rest of your diatribe, it blew up my Uppy translator but thanks for your response!

But bottom line, it's over and you'll probably be the first bidder for his latest piece of art-crap! ;)

Uppy, we have at least 20 Cons in this forum who have duhfended this idiot tooth and nail from the get-go. Of late, they've been quiet because he is pretty embarrassing.

As for the rest of your diatribe, it blew up my Uppy translator but thanks for your response!

But bottom line, it's over and you'll probably be the first bidder for his latest piece of art-crap! ;)
I'm gonna find me some liberal hero's now. ;)

Dino

Russian Asset

Include me in that? Then you're lying again.

I never "defended" the man. Never said I knew him, never gave any character reference. What I said repeatedly was that he was not guilty of the overcharge they tried to bring against him.

By not ever clarifying or admitting any such distinction you are LYING.

See? I back it up when I use it, coward.

Reactions: BRU

UPNYA2

Mayor

Uh-huh.................... I see........

"20 Cons in this forum who have duhfended this idiot tooth and nail from the get-go."

Sooooooo, what, it offends YOU to see people defend, "tooth and nail from the get-go.", a person accused of, and eventually found to be not guilty of, a crime?

OKkkkkkkkkkk????????

Wish I could say that makes you a little odd but, as a dem/lib, sad to say, it makes you fairly normal.........

Bo-4

Senator
Include me in that? Then you're lying again.

I never "defended" the man. Never said I knew him, never gave any character reference. What I said repeatedly was that he was not guilty of the overcharge they tried to bring against him.

By not ever clarifying or admitting any such distinction you are LYING.

See? I back it up when I use it, coward.
Oh you TOTALLY defended him and did a spike in the end-zone when he was acquitted!

STOP LYING

Bo-4

Senator

"20 Cons in this forum who have duhfended this idiot tooth and nail from the get-go."

Sooooooo, what, it offends YOU to see people defend, "tooth and nail from the get-go.", a person accused of, and eventually found to be not guilty of, a crime?

OKkkkkkkkkkk????????

Wish I could say that makes you a little odd but, as a dem/lib, sad to say, it makes you fairly normal.........
I confess to being "a little odd".

You my friend are: muy extraño

AKA VERY odd!! :)

connieb

Senator

OKkkkkkkkkkk????????

Yes, if you weren't clamoring for the guy to be hanged from the nearest tree based based on what was reported of the case - you apparently defended him.

Dino

Russian Asset
Oh you TOTALLY defended him and did a spike in the end-zone when he was acquitted!

STOP LYING
Not a chance. You know you're talking out your ass with that wishful thinking nonsense. You're too damned stupid to tell the truth, you just can't help yourself Lenny.
You think you're right in this life because you've quite successfully created an alternate reality. This is yet another example.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Yes, if you weren't clamoring for the guy to be hanged from the nearest tree based based on what was reported of the case - you apparently defended him.
That's true, Connie. I don't remember anyone defending him. I do remember the cons defending his right to a fair trial before hanging him. We also questioned different aspects of the case that the libs wanted white-washed, such as why Martin would appear to be suspicious, his background, etc. I don' t remember anyone making a hero out of Zimmerman or even saying he was innocent--the argument was simply to give him a fair trial after the media had already found him guilty due to racism.

Bo-4

Senator
Not a chance. You know you're talking out your ass with that wishful thinking nonsense. You're too damned stupid to tell the truth, you just can't help yourself Lenny.
You think you're right in this life because you've quite successfully created an alternate reality. This is yet another example.
I truly feel your pain. :(

Bo-4

Senator
That's true, Connie. I don't remember anyone defending him. I do remember the cons defending his right to a fair trial before hanging him. We also questioned different aspects of the case that the libs wanted white-washed, such as why Martin would appear to be suspicious, his background, etc. I don' t remember anyone making a hero out of Zimmerman or even saying he was innocent--the argument was simply to give him a fair trial after the media had already found him guilty due to racism.
Hey, Cats may have 9 lives but they would appear to additionally have selective memories.

Your pals loved AND defended him before he became super-embarrasing!

Sad :(

Bo-4

Senator
Not true, Bo. Look up past posts.
Cat, i have no time to go digging in PJ's horrendous search engine. Not YOU specifically, but i could name at least 15 names.

Therefore i probably shouldn't since i'm unwilling to traverse that particular gauntlet.

But here's one: DINO :D

Bo-4

Senator
OmG, that is SOOO translatable to those of us who defend and then regularly criticize Obama (you are oblivious to the latter ;-)

=====

The obsession continues. You'll never be as famous as him...LOL

Bo-4

Senator
The obsession continues. You'll never be as famous as him...LOL
Your concept of fame is pretty silly. Chuck Manson is famous too.

So Pray-tell.. what is Marv's claim to fame?

Lemme guess.. you just gave Drumcollie a WEDDING RING?!!!

Sweet, you GO boy! :D

Zam-Zam

Senator

=====

Poor old registered Democrat George Zimmerman......

4/15

Mayor

=====

This guy should die!