• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Congratulations to the people of the UK :o)

Boltlady

Mayor
You've shown the world that it CAN be done. While there may be some transitional things to deal with, you have regained your sovereignty. That counts above all.

Hopefully your strength and resolve will be contagious.

Once again, congratulations, you have my utmost admiration.

D

Deleted member 21794

Now hopefully they can start by stopping the flow of Middle East savages from infesting their country. Lucky for them they didn't adopt the Euro- one less issue to deal with.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
You've shown the world that it CAN be done. While there may be some transitional things to deal with, you have regained your sovereignty. That counts above all.

Hopefully your strength and resolve will be contagious.

Once again, congratulations, you have my utmost admiration.
Some of the people of the UK agree. Others are already involved in leaving the UK...as Scotland and Northern Ireland are expressing their dissatisfaction and are now talking about referendums to leave the Kingdom. This is a major reworking of the geopolitical/economic landscape that will likely have Scotland becoming independent...and Northern Ireland may join the Republic of Ireland.

The British government has a "democratic imperative" to call a referendum on whether Northern Ireland should leave the United Kingdom and unite with the Irish Republic, the province's Irish nationalist Deputy First Minister said on Friday.

"The British government now has no democratic mandate to represent the views of the North in any future negotiations with the European Union and I do believe that there is a democratic imperative for a 'border poll' to be held," Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness told national Irish broadcaster RTE...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-nireland-mcguinness-idUSKCN0ZA148

Scotland's first minister has said a second independence referendum is "highly likely" after the UK voted to leave the EU.

Nicola Sturgeon said it was "democratically unacceptable" that Scotland faced the prospect of being taken out of the EU against its will.

She said the Scottish government would begin preparing legislation to enable another independence vote.

Scotland voted in favour of the UK staying in the EU by 62% to 38%...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36621030

Lukey

Senator
Some of the people of the UK agree. Others are already involved in leaving the UK...as Scotland and Northern Ireland are expressing their dissatisfaction and are now talking about referendums to leave the Kingdom. This is a major reworking of the geopolitical/economic landscape that will likely have Scotland becoming independent...and Northern Ireland may join the Republic of Ireland.

The British government has a "democratic imperative" to call a referendum on whether Northern Ireland should leave the United Kingdom and unite with the Irish Republic, the province's Irish nationalist Deputy First Minister said on Friday.

"The British government now has no democratic mandate to represent the views of the North in any future negotiations with the European Union and I do believe that there is a democratic imperative for a 'border poll' to be held," Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness told national Irish broadcaster RTE...

Scotland's first minister has said a second independence referendum is "highly likely" after the UK voted to leave the EU.

Nicola Sturgeon said it was "democratically unacceptable" that Scotland faced the prospect of being taken out of the EU against its will.

She said the Scottish government would begin preparing legislation to enable another independence vote.

Good! Devolution of collectivist big governmentism is exactly what the world needs right now. The further the pols are from the people they represent, the less they represent the people rather than the oligarchs and government elites.

Days

Commentator

Isn't it amazing how the British understand their representative government has to truly represent the people? Not like our cheap copy of their system which cares little if at all whether the people are represented by the republic.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Isn't it amazing how the British understand their representative government has to truly represent the people? Not like our cheap copy of their system which cares little if at all whether the people are represented by the republic.

We'll see.

Elsewhere on the board is the knowledge that this vote is advisory as opposed to binding...and that Parliament has the final say.

Days

Commentator
We'll see.

Elsewhere on the board is the knowledge that this vote is advisory as opposed to binding...and that Parliament has the final say.
Cameron resigned... I think they are taking the advice.

Compare that to what happens here...

I had an Irish mother and in the process of registering myself as such, qualifying for dual nationality .
Many many people have been doing the same thing, even passport applications are taking 10 weeks to process instesd of the normal 10 days.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I had an Irish mother and in the process of registering myself as such, qualifying for dual nationality .
Many many people have been doing the same thing, even passport applications are taking 10 weeks to process instesd of the normal 10 days.
Interesting times. We may be witness to the breakup of a long standing union, dating back to 1707. The current UK state is newer of course; 1927 I believe.

There are some possibly Irish surnames in my past, but their emigration was far too long ago foe me to take advantage of descent citizenship claims.

Boltlady

Mayor
Cameron resigned... I think they are taking the advice.

Compare that to what happens here...

Yes, the California vote mess demonstrated to anybody paying attention of just how 'fixed' the whole thing has been against Bernie. One would think that more people would scream louder about it. There's also the possibility that they have but the media has 'forgotten' to mention it much.

FTR, I may not agree with much of anything that Bernie has put forth, but he certainly has earned the right to have much more respect for what he's been able to pull off.

This is such a classic example of the people being overridden by the 'elite'.

Boltlady

Mayor

The bottom line is that if those folks want to leave the UK they should be able to. It's high time the people's voices as to what they want their country to be should be listened to.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
The bottom line is that if those folks want to leave the UK they should be able to. It's high time the people's voices as to what they want their country to be should be listened to.
High time? They voted to remain previously.

Scotland held their independence vote in 2014...and it lost. Now...it may win.

Boltlady

Mayor
High time? They voted to remain previously.

Scotland held their independence vote in 2014...and it lost. Now...it may win.
They don't want independence. They want the umbrella of the EU. That's what they voted for in 2014. They thought it would be that way if they stayed with the UK.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Don't you think it's about time?
As I noted, the voice of the people, some people, has always been "heard". The other side of the coin is: The other people have not. Such is "democracy".

One's voice being heard does not equate to getting one's way.

Arkady

President
You've shown the world that it CAN be done.
Yes. There were questions about whether a single dumb vote really could drop the value of a nation's currency 10% overnight, while gutting a quarter of the value of many of their top businesses, sinking the portfolios of its retirees, and setting the nation up for years of weaker growth. Britons showed the world that it can be done. Hopefully the rest of the world learns the lesson.