• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Congress; how low can it go?

G

Greenridgeman

They are elected by "We the People". Starts in our home districts.

Like everybody, I hate Congress like my Congressman, who is an MD and an R.

My Senators, curs, not dogs.

I have almost gotten into fights over the
monger David Vitter, can't vote him or Mary out by myself.

Will of the people thing, the system isn't broken, the people are.

Figjam

Mayor
"Do you think that finally our legislative branch as a whole will 'get' the message that it's time to cease business as usual?" No, I don't because it is not "my" representative that sucks, it's "yours" and everyone elses'- metaphorically speaking...

...truly, fiscally speaking party does NOT matter - they all love to spend OPM.

...we have met the enemy and it be us - if we started voting anti-incumbent until they actually started to perform, they might get the message but we won't. Don't expect term-limits because what right thinking politician is going to limit their access to the public trough?

...yes, once elected the top priority is to be re-elected, not by doing our business any longer but by accepting lobbyist cash for legislative support. until we break the current cycle of "corruption" by lobby, nothing will change - evah...

gabriel

Governor
but you must want this system, you certainly have had ample opportunity to change it. i know we get what we want here.

zuron1

Council Member
Pink slips for them all

The system is flawed corruption everywhere ! the temptation is too great. public servants their not. opportunist I belive so. we the people should give them all pink slips.Its only fair these people are too blame for the mortage crisis,lost jobs war and they still profit.

Council Member
there is only one rule I would like to see passed, that anything that has been in effect for 5 years has to be re-approved, by a 60% vote of both houses, to stay in effect for the next five years.
After 6 years are up, if not re-approved it would have to be rewritten and submitted again from scratch if it did not pass muster, or it would just go away.
Then these clowns can't just hide behind someone's vote from years past..

I think we have too many things that the govt does, because nothing hardly ever ends, We have too many laws and too many rules that are part of our govt. We all can agree with that. The tax code is too large and does too much for too many people which helps them, but does little for the rest(majority) of us.

I also would like to see maybe no one serving more than 3 terms for congress and two terms for senate. Get the money out of politics, allowing anyone person to contribute at the most 100.00 to each candidate he wishes to support.
Every lobbyist would have to go through a committee set up to view whatever it is that they wish to talk to congressmen about, before they could be allowed. We need to have back room talks done away with.

Taxes should be figured after we decide what deductions are going to be standard for the first amounts of money earned for everyone.
after that we should figure out what we need as a country to pay the cost of running it, as we see fit. Divide that amount into the total income thats left and that would be the % amount everyone would have to pay.

zuron1

Council Member
And look a new election is not the answerterm limits no get rid of them all start new.colleage grads fresh out of school who want to sever there country and not become career polititcians salary less service more.pay there loans .they shouldnt have to raise money for office hell if their good and want to sever have a draft. and just like sports if you dont do the job we get some tht will.

zuron1

Council Member
Hey someone Iam in agreement with,give them all pink slips,the corruption runs deep

:confused:
"Do you think that finally our legislative branch as a whole will 'get' the message that it's time to cease business as usual?" No, I don't because it is not "my" representative that sucks, it's "yours" and everyone elses'- metaphorically speaking...

...truly, fiscally speaking party does NOT matter - they all love to spend OPM.

...we have met the enemy and it be us - if we started voting anti-incumbent until they actually started to perform, they might get the message but we won't. Don't expect term-limits because what right thinking politician is going to limit their access to the public trough?

...yes, once elected the top priority is to be re-elected, not by doing our business any longer but by accepting lobbyist cash for legislative support. until we break the current cycle of "corruption" by lobby, nothing will change - evah...