1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

Contraception: strange election year issue.

Discussion in 'Government Offices and Programs' started by Days, Mar 9, 2012.

1. connieb

connieb Senator

That is a good point. Contraception prescribed for something other than contraceptive purposes is billed differently to the insurance company and covered even if your policy excludes contraception. It may take a little extra work on behalf of Dr. and pharmacist but it can be done.

2. JuliefromOhio

JuliefromOhio Senator Supporting Member

of the many positive features of the ACA, one was developing a list of preventive services that would be covered without co-pay. even folks who have health insurance tend to neglect screenings because of cost. treating health problems early on saves health care dollars in the long run.

the preventive services coverage for women, including contraceptives, is a major move in the right direction for women (and the men who care about them)......no longer will insurance companies be allowed to treat their gender as a pre-existing condition.

3. oicu812

oicu812 "Trust, but Verify"

ok, are prostate exams covered, how about colonoscophy? blood work, available males contraceptives, stress tests? all, as you stated, preventitive, procedures, some for males some for both genders? believe it or not, i too want affordable health care for all..it would be a move in the right direction for both genders...are they covered under the ACA?

4. gabriel

gabriel Governor

ive always found your election issues crazy

5. oicu812

btw...auto ins. co. charge males higher rates for the same coverage, based on gender..why? males drive more and thus are exposed to the hazards of driving more often...now, females use health care at more than twice the rate as males, {and that excludes pregnancy, or pre natal} ...is it ok then for one ins co. to base rates on gender, and not another. would a sliding scale based on useage be a equatable solution to resolve the inequities i mention?

6. gabriel

gabriel Governor

they dont charge more because men drive more, its because men have more accidents per mile driven.

7. oicu812

julie, i just googled ACA, and while ther were numerous sites, including, but not limited to American Canine CLub, American Canoe Club, and American Cornhole Club, {that one caused a doubletake} but did not find what i believe you were referring to..could you please supply some info on where it can be found?

8. gabriel

gabriel Governor

why would those guys use aca instead of acc

9. Days

Days Governor

so do we. that's why most the citizens don't bother to vote, because if you listen to these candidates, it is obvious that our government is totally detached from the people it governs.

10. oicu812

no wait,,dont tell me gabe, your a international arms dealing, insurance selling buddish canadian?

11. gabriel

gabriel Governor

but the fact that so many dont care is equally fascinating. sheep to the slaughter.

12. Days

Days Governor

when you get down to the essence of this argument, it is rather silly.

13. gabriel

gabriel Governor

no, but i can spell

14. oicu812

my bad,,exchange association for club,,,kinda fits right in with the American Cornhole Association...

15. gabriel

gabriel Governor

so you lied

16. Days

Days Governor

with one exception; we know we are getting slaughtered... but our vote won't prevent it. Either way, we get slaughtered.

17. gabriel

gabriel Governor

your vote would certainly prevent it if you quit voting for the one party of a one party state. but they dont

18. oicu812

no, i made an error..surely, a self proclaimed international arms dealing, insurance selling buddish canadian, can understand. but, google ADA for yourself, and see what pops up...

19. gabriel

gabriel Governor

thats good enough for me. if i catch you in a lie OR a mistake, its all good. as long as i catch ya.

20. Days

Days Governor

Gabe, you go to work with the government you have... I'll vote for Ron Paul if I am afforded that opportunity, but even if Paul won, he won't be able to change anything; Obama was voted in just for promising to change it and he couldn't change it... the USA and Russia are very similar governments, when you look at the power structures that run them.