• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Cop FIRED for having racist memorabilia in his HOME!!!!

You can fired for owning a gun. You can be fired for anything that reflects poorly on your employer sans race, gender, age, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientations(in some locales)

What? you don't like the free market?
Owning a gun is a Constitutional right. You cannot be fired for owning a gun . That's a fact. Perhaps you need to do a bit of research before you take this any further?

If it’s in the privacy of one’s own home how would it become knowledge of the employer?
All the glory that has social media brought us.
When it comes to sexual activity, we can’t discriminate against someone based on what they do in the privacy of their own home.
You can definitely fire someone for having sex in public.
So I think you’re being highly selective here. Hope your not an employer. You will face some major lawsuits.
At-will employment is pretty easy to figure out.
Are you firing someone for race, gender, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation(in some locales) then you're going to get sued.
If not then proceed to firing away.

Owning a gun is a Constitutional right.
Which means you can't be thrown in jail for owning a gun, doesn't mean employers can't have different standards for employment.
You cannot be fired for owning a gun . That's a fact. Perhaps you need to do a bit of research before you take this any further?
Gun owners are not a protected class. Perhaps you need to a bit of research before you take this any further.

Dino

Russian Asset
All the glory that has social media brought us.

You can definitely fire someone for having sex in public.

At-will employment is pretty easy to figure out.
Are you firing someone for race, gender, age, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation(in some locales) then you're going to get sued.
If not then proceed to firing away.
Do you always strawman someone’s argument by editing in half and arguing against the half you don’t like?
Just curious.

Dino

Russian Asset
Just trying to make it clear which part i was addressing.
You’d probably address the whole thought if you were capable.

In this thread you’re espousing the exact type of employment discrimination the left claims it has been fighting back against for decades. The logic is simply broken.

You’d probably address the whole thought if you were capable.
In this thread you’re espousing the exact type of employment discrimination the left claims it has been fighting back against for decades. The logic is simply broken.
You can discriminate against people for the choices they make. Hanging up KKK memorabilia is 100% a choice someone made.

Dino

Russian Asset
You can discriminate against people for the choices they make. Hanging up KKK memorabilia is 100% a choice someone made.
You’re absolutely wrong, but when has that stopped you before?

You work for a police agency and make the choice to date a man. The police chief is a proud straight man who proceeds to fire you.
Do you have a winnable lawsuit?

You’re absolutely wrong, but when has that stopped you before?

You work for a police agency and make the choice to date a man. The police chief is a proud straight man who proceeds to fire you.
Do you have a winnable lawsuit?
Sexual orientation is not a protected class everywhere. So it depends on the locale. but maybe. I
Also the specific man you are dating. If he is drug kingpin or something then that might be a firable offense for a police officer. But dating any old regular dude is probably discrimination based on sexual orientation which is outlawed in some locations.

Dino

Russian Asset
Sexual orientation is not a protected class everywhere. So it depends on the locale. but maybe. I
Also the specific man you are dating. If he is drug kingpin or something then that might be a firable offense for a police officer. But dating any old regular dude is probably discrimination based on sexual orientation which is outlawed in some locations.
My bet is unless you’re employed by a fundamentalist religious group you’d have a certainly winnable discrimination case.
And depending on the circumstances, so would this police officer.

FakeName

Governor
If the cop were a lesbian and someone said they saw a picture of her in a gay pride parade and there was a rainbow flag in her house which offended them, would she have been put on leave, investigated and eventually terminated or is this whole "it's offensive" to have something I don't like a "standard" that is applied to only white males?
No. Because being gay and proud of it, does not mean o e could not be trusted to protect and serve everyone.

Being racist, on the other hand, does mean one cannot be trusted to protect and serve all people.

Do you really not get the difference?

FakeName

Governor
If the cop were a lesbian and someone said they saw a picture of her in a gay pride parade and there was a rainbow flag in her house which offended them, would she have been put on leave, investigated and eventually terminated or is this whole "it's offensive" to have something I don't like a "standard" that is applied to only white males?
And seriously....... Are you really saying that homosexuality and racism are logically or morally equivalent.

For Christ's sake!