• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Corona Virus Explained

Jen

Senator
This is not a political post. This video explains what is happening, infection rates, incubation times........and what to expect. It's an important piece of information.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
This is not a political post. This video explains what is happening, infection rates, incubation times........and what to expect. It's an important piece of information.

I hope everyone doesn't start panicking like they did during the Ebola crisis and blame Trump like they did Obama when cases showed up in the US. I remember some PJ posters calling it "Obola" in reference to Obama. Thankfully, it was a lot of fear mongering about nothing. I doubt if any of our dignitaries travel to China anytime soon.

Jen

Senator
I hope everyone doesn't start panicking like they did during the Ebola crisis and blame Trump like they did Obama when cases showed up in the US. I remember some PJ posters calling it "Obola" in reference to Obama. Thankfully, it was a lot of fear mongering about nothing. I doubt if any of our dignitaries travel to China anytime soon.
There are always those who panic.
Hopefully this virus will amount to nothing.

Yet you still want open borders; anyone can travel anywhere, anytime, for any reason, with or without permission from the host country. :eek:

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Yet you still want open borders; anyone can travel anywhere, anytime, for any reason, with or without permission from the host country. :eek:
How did bloody hell do you know what I want? Stop lying. I've never said I want open borders. That's just another stupid ass Trump lie that you Trump toadies spoon how did bloody hell do you know what I want? Stop lying. I've never said I want open borders. That's just another stupid ass Trump lie that you Trump toadies spew all the time. all the time. Actually, I've never heard anyone, including Democrat politicians say they want open borders. Grow up and stop Lying b

RickWA

Snagglesooth

While we should all practice good sense at all times, I think we need to keep the big picture in mind.

Frequent hand-washing, coughing/sneezing into one's sleeve or tissue, healthy diet, proper nutrition, etc. - these are all part of an important healthy lifestyle and should be common practice. I think we should stop short of societal withdrawal, however. The (healthy) human body is a rather amazing piece of INTELLIGENT DESIGN, handmade by our creator to dwell in this creation He made. This doesn't mean we do not fall ill. It means we always go forth in full recognition that we are His.

Clearly, I am not saying that we should be imprudent. We need to be good stewards of what God has given us. The larger reality - the environment in which we live and breathe - is that God is on His throne. No war, no famine, no pandemic can change that. We should never be discouraged or fearful; we should never be stampeded into reaction, nor cowed/intimidated into inaction.

As always, God's got this - and got us. Life is good. :)

Business and personal travel will continue unimpeded. Fear has no place here.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
How did bloody hell do you know what I want? Stop lying. I've never said I want open borders. That's just another stupid ass Trump lie that you Trump toadies spoon how did bloody hell do you know what I want? Stop lying. I've never said I want open borders. That's just another stupid ass Trump lie that you Trump toadies spew all the time. all the time. Actually, I've never heard anyone, including Democrat politicians say they want open borders. Grow up and stop Lying b
Well I see both dawg and Mr. Martian disagree with my statement that I've never said I want open borders. Now it's up to them to provide a link or admit that they are lying liars.

Jen

Senator
While we should all practice good sense at all times, I think we need to keep the big picture in mind.

Frequent hand-washing, coughing/sneezing into one's sleeve or tissue, healthy diet, proper nutrition, etc. - these are all part of an important healthy lifestyle and should be common practice. I think we should stop short of societal withdrawal, however. The (healthy) human body is a rather amazing piece of INTELLIGENT DESIGN, handmade by our creator to dwell in this creation He made. This doesn't mean we do not fall ill. It means we always go forth in full recognition that we are His.

Clearly, I am not saying that we should be imprudent. We need to be good stewards of what God has given us. The larger reality - the environment in which we live and breathe - is that God is on His throne. No war, no famine, no pandemic can change that. We should never be discouraged or fearful; we should never be stampeded into reaction, nor cowed/intimidated into inaction.

As always, God's got this - and got us. Life is good. :)

Business and personal travel will continue unimpeded. Fear has no place here.
Good advice. I do think we should be aware of this sort of thing. There is always something new, something not covered by flu shots, something out there. Many of us do not practice the safety advice you mentioned and for our own continued health, we need to do it.

Panic isn't good. Good health habits are.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Good advice. I do think we should be aware of this sort of thing. There is always something new, something not covered by flu shots, something out there. Many of us do not practice the safety advice you mentioned and for our own continued health, we need to do it.

Panic isn't good. Good health habits are.
Tomorrow my oldest son and his wife, 2 kids, and his wife's brother are traveling from Seattle to Florida (Disneyworld trip). The only worry I have about the trip is that my son's family is Asian (Filipino) and right now there may be some fear of seeing Asian people traveling. I hope it doesn't impact them.
Definitely understand that concern. A fearful population cultivates irrational bigotry and emotional, unreasoned reactions. I hope they have a great time. Tell your son to get one of those giant "Henry the Eighth" turkey leg things. :)

Jen

Senator
Definitely understand that concern. A fearful population cultivates irrational bigotry and emotional, unreasoned reactions. I hope they have a great time. Tell your son to get one of those giant "Henry the Eighth" turkey leg things. :)
He probably will do the turkey leg thing. They have already taken their family to Disneyland multiple times. I am sure they can handle whatever happens with their usual class and top notch behavior....

He probably will do the turkey leg thing. They have already taken their family to Disneyland multiple times. I am sure they can handle whatever happens with their usual class and top notch behavior....
I'm sure they'll be fine. Florida is beautiful in January, btw.

The fatality rate from this virus is currently <5%, and I'm sure that will decrease even further as more cases are made available for research.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
When Obama said, "bring the virus here." No, no one will mention that.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
So your with Trump...Good!

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
So, just for the record, you support Trump's effort to stop the influx of people, who attempt to enter The United States without going through the proper, legal procedure?
If so, that's very refreshing and patriotic, Nina.