• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Cross burning --> 11 years in prison

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Trump is losing his "My African-American."

Cheadle...became disillusioned by what he called the GOP’s “pro-white agenda,” and the party rallying around Trump after his marathon of racist attacks against Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) and “The Squad.”

Though Cheadle wouldn’t call Trump “racist” outright, he did say the President has a “white superiority complex” that’s led him to nominate white men to the judicial bench almost exclusively.

“To stay on this ship now, as a black Republican, I couldn’t do it,” he said.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-african-american-gregory-cheadle-leave-gop
I'm glad Mr. Cheadle finally came to his senses. I don't know how any African-American or other person of color could be a Republican. Why would you choose to affiliate yourself with folks who don't even like or respect you?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
A Mississippi man headed to jail after confessing to burning a cross outside the home of an African-American family said he wishes he could take it all back.

Louis Revette, 38, was sentenced to 11 years in federal prison on Tuesday, months after he and a co-conspirator pleaded guilty to carrying out the racist act. Revette was convicted on one count of using fire in the commission of a federal felony, interference with housing rights and a federal civil rights violation in the October 2017 incident, the Clarion Ledger reported.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/09/11/mississippi-man-burns-crosses-outside-black-familys-home-slapped-with-11-years-in-prison/
Decent folks don’t burn crosses...or flags. What a horrible guy.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I'm glad Mr. Cheadle finally came to his senses. I don't know how any African-American or other person of color could be a Republican. Why would you choose to affiliate yourself with folks who don't even like or respect you?
Unacceptable and racist sentiment. People of all races have exactly equal capacity and liberty to choose the affiliations of his/her liking. The palatability of those choices are up to the preferences of said people of any race according to his/her preferences. Likewise, your statement that all people from the Republican Party “don’t even like or respect persons of color” is not merely incorrect. It’s immoral.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Unacceptable and racist sentiment. People of all races have exactly equal capacity and liberty to choose the affiliations of his/her liking. The palatability of those choices are up to the preferences of said people of any race according to his/her preferences. Likewise, your statement that all people from the Republican Party “don’t even like or respect persons of color” is not merely incorrect. It’s immoral.

What is immoral is the way that many cons talk about blacks people. Saying they live on a plantation or group them up and call them murderous as a race. You can save your holier than thou speech.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Maybe I should have said the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump, doesn't like or respect people of color.
Would that sound nicer?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Maybe I should have said the leader of the Republican party, Donald Trump, doesn't like or respect people of color.
Would that sound nicer?
I don’t know what Trump really believes. Definitely don’t care for him/his rhetoric/his tweets though.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
What is immoral is the way that many cons talk about blacks people. Saying they live on a plantation or group them up and call them murderous as a race. You can save your holier than thou speech.
1) That post was just as “holier than thou” as anything I wrote. Get a mirror.

2) “Many cons” = all?

Your call whether to be a reasonable, rational person or not. I don’t care.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
1) That post was just as “holier than thou” as anything I wrote. Get a mirror.

2) “Many cons” = all?

Your call whether to be a reasonable, rational person or not. I don’t care.
1. Maybe

2. Many Cons = Many Cons

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Yes, that positively must be the case. All bad things everywhere = non-Democrats. All good things everywhere = Democrats.

Rah-rah, team! o_O
Hate crimes, domestic terror acts and threats have spiked since Trump came into office. Just ask the FBI.

I remember it well. There was Trump riding down the escalator in Trump Tower. He then proceeded to bash Mexicans and Muslims. The tone was set. How proud Trump fans were.....and pleased with his conferring the green light.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Hate crimes, domestic terror acts and threats have spiked since Trump came into office. Just ask the FBI.

I remember it well. There was Trump riding down the escalator in Trump Tower. He then proceeded to bash Mexicans and Muslims. The tone was set. How proud Trump fans were.....and pleased with his conferring the green light.
It’s complete nonsense. Mass shootings went up under Obama relative to Bush.

And we didn’t hear a PEEP out of you or the leftist media about it. Just political hack opportunism...all day every day.

And no one is persuaded by this nonsense.