• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Currently, The Two Biggest Points On Healthcare

• Thread starter Deleted member 21794
  • Start date
What about risks one chooses to take, like riding motorcycles, being fat, smoking etc?
Smokers are already charged hired premiums to reflect their additional risk.
Personally, I support some price discrimination based on BMI.
I don't know enough the additional risk riding motorcycles brings adds to judge at the moment.

Barbella

Senator
You don't have a choice in what ailments for which you are at risk. You should not have option to not pay for those risks.
Sure you do. Smoking, excessive drinking and eating, being a couch potato weighing 400 lbs... your choice. No one else's.

Why should the rest of humanity bail you out of your self-inflicted misery?

D

Deleted member 21794

Smokers are already charged hired premiums to reflect their additional risk.
Personally, I support some price discrimination based on BMI.
I don't know enough the additional risk riding motorcycles brings adds to judge at the moment.
I think it depends where you get your policy. The last time I had insurance as an employee, there was no smoker and non-smoker rates. That was a while ago, maybe things have changed.

With regards to riding motorcycles, sky diving etc, I think we should have people pay for all risks they take. I don't have hard data that says it will save tons of money. But many people in the medical field have a nickname for motorcycle riders: organ donors.