• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

DAMN......got a letter today saying I have Federal Jury Duty

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
next month...….…...would a death certificate get me out of it:) or just saying I would convict all do it.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
next month...….…...would a death certificate get me out of it:) or just saying I would convict all do it.
Do your civic duty, hon.
Or ... Tell them you don't believe in the jury system and, therefore, can't in good conscience ever vote to convict or vote in favor of a plaintiff. ;)

Jen

Senator
Just take the steps and accept whatever happens. If you are chosen it will be an interesting experience.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Do your civic duty, hon.
Or ... Tell them you don't believe in the jury system and, therefore, can't in good conscience ever vote to convict or vote in favor of a plaintiff. ;)
don't mind doing my civic duty but the courthouse is like 70 miles from me

Ms. Truth

Council Member
I do not believe you can get out of jury duty.

If you get excused from a case they simply sign you up for the next one.

I think you need to be dismissed.

I was called and they had all of us call out a number from 1 to 4 down the rows.

At the end they said ok all 2's and 4's are dismissed, thank you and have a nice day.

I was a 4 so that was it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I do not believe you can get out of jury duty.

If you get excused from a case they simply sign you up for the next one.

I think you need to be dismissed.

I was called and they had all of us call out a number from 1 to 4 down the rows.

At the end they said ok all 2's and 4's are dismissed, thank you and have a nice day.

I was a 4 so that was it.
I must call every Sunday to see if I must report for 6 weeks...……….damn sure can't plan any trips this summer, evidently

thx

Ms. Truth

Council Member
I must call every Sunday to see if I must report for 6 weeks...……….damn sure can't plan any trips this summer, evidently

thx
Hello Dawg, yes, probably better to just get it over with and hopefully its a very quick case as most of them are.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Hello Dawg, yes, probably better to just get it over with and hopefully its a very quick case as most of them are.
Have no choice, if I don't do as ordered it's a $1000 fine and 3 days in jail...……..

Ms. Truth

Council Member
Have no choice, if I don't do as ordered it's a $1000 fine and 3 days in jail...……..
Well I certainly don't think you want to spend three days in jail.

Think of it like this though....its an honor and part of being a citizen and you are representing the Constitution of the United States and all that we stand for by doing it.

This is who we are so embrace it and do your best :)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Well I certainly don't think you want to spend three days in jail.

Think of it like this though....its an honor and part of being a citizen and you are representing the Constitution of the United States and all that we stand for by doing it.

This is who we are so embrace it and do your best :)
They say a bitc*ng soldier is a happy soldier...…..guess I'm happy :)