• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

David Duke is running for senator

W

Wolfert Webber

Hey, Duke proves anybody with a few bucks can get on a ballot in LA.

I doubt the filing fee exceeds $1,000.

He held one office for one term, as I recall, and lives off of bilking idiots.

His race in LA should hardly bother Julie.

But things like that do make some of them quite angry.

TheResister

Council Member
Hey, Duke proves anybody with a few bucks can get on a ballot in LA.

I doubt the filing fee exceeds $1,000.

He held one office for one term, as I recall, and lives off of bilking idiots.

His race in LA should hardly bother Julie.

But things like that do make some of them quite angry.
I knew David Duke personally half a lifetime ago when I was a kid. It's amazing that he has any following after bilking his followers out of money.

Once, when I knew him, he put people on the streets in Georgia taking up money for the Forsyth County Defense Fund. At that time there was a Forsyth County Defense League with no connection to Duke. Those not paying attention were donating to David Duke, who was only raising money for himself.

He's slicker than a greased pig; however, his presence means that we are still discussing the plight of white people in a society that has pushed them into the archives of history.

EatTheRich

President
However, a newly surfaced NPR interview with David Duke from 2008 indicates that there may be a double standard at work.

That’s because David Duke — yes, the same David Duke — “endorsed” President Obama in 2008, and no one ever asked him to disavow.

Now
rewind eight years to 2008. Here is what David Duke had to say when asked about his views regarding President Obama’s candidacy prior to the general election.

“He was a community activist or a black activist. He’s been in the church for 20 years that — and one of the first principles of that church is that they are, quote, “true to Africa,” loyal to Africa. There is nothing wrong with Barack Obama working and having a long career advancing what he sees as the black community interests or the black perceived interests as a group, collective interest, but I did see it as kind of odd that a man of that stripe would become president of the United States. It seems like — I think I should endorse him for president.”

Duke then commends Barack Obama, saying he can “appreciate the fact that he has achieved — that he got a degree. He’s gone to Harvard University. He has been a teacher. I am today a Ph.D. myself.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2849318/david-duke-endorsed-president-obama-in-2008-no-one-asked-him-to-disavow/#vr3ObLO8L4EEGWTl.99

You mean that David Duke?
"It seems like -- I think I should endorse him" is not an endorsement. It's a hyperbolic statement of sarcasm. Duke went on to support Nader in the 2008 campaign.
http://www.alan.com/2008/02/29/david-duke-for-ralph-nader/

EatTheRich

President
The # 1 discrimination racism in America against the largest number of people, for 55 years, is AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, (created and maintained by DEMOCRATS)
So you're saying that "the #1 discrimination racism" is against white people, yet white people still have better access to jobs, education, housing, and many other things than, say, Blacks? What is your explanation for this?

EatTheRich

President
There isn't a white power structure. If there was, there wouldn't be affirmative action. There's only a black power structure, starting with Obama. Then there's Holder, Lynch, BLM, NAACP, Jackson, Sharpton,Crump, etc

And I notice you dodged my question. Do you support Affirmative Action ?
Affirmative action is a concession by the white power structure to the multi-racial anti-racist/anti-sexist resistance. If Obama proves there's a black power structure, then every white politician--and whites, who make up 63% of the population, are 90% of those elected to public office--proves that there's a white power structure.

EatTheRich

President
I'm getting old enough to get a car, driver's license, etc. and all of a sudden there are no jobs. Between that and affirmative action, whites began to be locked out of the job market.
In every contraction in employment in this country's history, Black unemployment--which has remained steadily quite a bit higher than white unemployment--has gone up faster than white unemployment has.

In 1978 (or thereabouts) a guy named Bakke went to court against affirmative action and proved, conclusively, that whites had been discriminated against in educational opportunities.
No, he didn't. The Supreme Court just agreed with his racist assumptions about what opportunities he deserved as opposed to what opportunities people of different races deserved.

I personally knew the drill at that time. I got laid off from a union contract job because of my race
Since Blacks were the last to be hired in many industries (they were only hired when the civil rights movement caused them to get hired for the first time), race-blind seniority-based layoffs would've meant a return to all-white businesses. Unions recognized this and demanded proportional layoffs in order to maintain an integrated workplace and thus a stronger union. If all the Black employees had been laid off instead, wouldn't that have been getting laid off because of their race?

got turned down from a college because I was not a black female
No, you didn't. If you had been a Black female, you would've been a Black female EVERY day of your life, not just when you applied to college. You would've been twice as likely to grow up in poverty as the white person you actually were. You would've been half as likely to have the opportunity to be in gifted programs as a white person with the same IQ. You would've had all sorts of barriers that would've made it harder for you to get into college, and possibly one small advantage because of affirmative action that partially compensated for it.

One year I kept a journal because I was applying for jobs. Many jobs made much ado about being Equal Opportunity Employers. At job application 121 I quit looking for a job as all those EOE employers only hired non-whites.
Really. What are some of these EOE employers that had all-POC workplaces?

Anybody who looks at where the opportunities end up can see that non-whites (be it black, foreigner, etc.) are making great strides forward while the whites are locked out.

If I would have had the opportunities the non-whites had, I would have gone further with my life. OTOH, I own real estate, have a credit rating that hovers around 800 and I can eat in any restaurant I choose to. But, I do know that a lot of people in my age group didn't fare so well because the deck was stacked against us.
What opportunities do non-whites have that whites don't have? The things you mentioned (access to jobs and education) are opportunities more likely to be afforded to white people. For example, whites are more likely to get into their first-choice schools and are more likely to have jobs.