• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dear Small Business Owner

Gretchen tell you that? You people are like sheep. Why you insist on watching that propaganda every day and running back here with this drivel only to get pummeled with facts refuting your total bullshit is beyond me. Can't you figure out that you look like a fool?

" OBAMA: [L]ook, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That's how we funded the GI Bill. That's how we created the middle class. That's how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That's how we invented the Internet. That's how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that's the reason I'm running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You're not on your own, we're in this together."

did you score 100 on your comprehension tests in the SATs? Does context mean anything to you or does Gretchen Carlsson do your reading for you? This quote was from todays Fox and Friends where she breathlessly intoned that Obama said small businesses did not do anything...what a joke.

did you score 100 on your comprehension tests in the SATs? Does context mean anything to you or does Gretchen Carlsson do your reading for you? This quote was from todays Fox and Friends where she breathlessly intoned that Obama said small businesses did not do anything...what a joke.
Yes what Obama said is a joke. With progressive tax rates and employer paying 50% of SS contributions and self employed small business operations paying about 13% for SS benefits. It looks like the small businessman is already living up to his societal obligations especially considering someone else made it happen for him....LOL

Was Obama wrong in what he said? Society contributes nothing to success?

What is wrong is that Obama feels small bidness owners owe more than they are already paying. Yet with progressive tax rates and demands on employers for contributions in employess SS and now health insurance demands they are meeting their obligations.

So? Business pays less in taxes now than they have in 100 years. The cut of tax revenue from business has been shrinking for decades. You got nothing buddy.

What is wrong is that Obama feels small bidness owners owe more than they are already paying. Yet with progressive tax rates and demands on employers for contributions in employess SS and now health insurance demands they are meeting their obligations.
Obama reminds me of Fidel Castro between 10 and 20 years ago he did allow small businesses to pop up but much to his surprise some were very successful and he clamped down on them. So Obama wants to go all Castro on the small businesses
Castro visited China in December 1995 and expressed his admiration for the Chinese Communist Party's success in combining limited economic reforms with relentless repression of political dissidents. Back in Cuba, Castro criticized his nation's fledgling free-market experiments. He argued that the only way to achieve economic growth and prevent the breakdown of Cuba's one-party state was to severely limit the freedom of self-employed workers and entrepeneurs, and move quickly to silence political opponents.

In March 1996 Castro convened a rare full session of the Central Committee of Cuba's Communist Party, which endorsed an even stricter crackdown against dissidents, as well as against Cuban business owners who had been allowed to engage in private ventures with foreign companies. Castro vowed to step up efforts to silence opposition groups and enforce compliance with the economic and ideological stances of Cuba's Communist Party.

Dino

Russian Asset
The more people they put in need, the more anti-capitalism they can get away with. If this trend does not reverse soon, it will be too late for this country.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
To the contrary Obama has nothing thats why he wants to take from others
Obama has nothing???? A millionaire...and President of The US...has "nothing"?????

And that was in response to this???

Originally Posted by Woolleybugger
So? Business pays less in taxes now than they have in 100 years. The cut of tax revenue from business has been shrinking for decades. You got nothing buddy.

OldGaffer

Governor
They ignore the fact that 97% of small business owners make less than 250k a year and wont be affected at all, not one cent. The other 3% are millionaires and billionaires, and they have been getting a low rate since 2001.

Thats some fuzzy math there Bloomberg says US companies pay the 6h highest rate in the whole world and Cato says the 4th highest

♫ He's got the whole world♪ ♫In his hands♪

♫Obamas got the whole wide world♫ ♪ In his hands♪

http://www.cato.org/pubs/tbb/tbb-0204.html

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

Thats some fuzzy math there Bloomberg says US companies pay the 6h highest rate in the whole world and Cato says the 4th highest

♫ He's got the whole world♪ ♫In his hands♪

♫Obamas got the whole wide world♫ ♪ In his hands♪

http://www.cato.org/pubs/tbb/tbb-0204.html
I'm having some trouble deciphering your angle here.