• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Democrat NYC Bail Reform Has Caused an Explosion of Crime

Mr. Friscus

Governor
However, I'm sure it's still viewed as a success on the left because it was passed to get quotas of races out of jail more often...

But don't take my word for it, here's NYPD Police Commissioner Dermot Shea

“Since 2020 began, as of Friday at midnight, robberies are up 32.5 percent, car theft is up 61 percent and burglaries are up 18 percent compared to the same time period last year,” The New York Post reported. “And the numbers aren’t fractions either — a total of 233 more robberies have happened this year compared to last, 159 more car thefts and 125 more burglaries, just in the last three weeks.”

“In the first three weeks of this year, we’re seeing significant spikes in crime. So either we forgot how to police New York City, or there’s a correlation,” Shea said. “If you let out individuals that commit a lot of crime, that’s precision policing in reverse and we’re seeing the effects in a very quick time, and that is why we’re so concerned.”

“People say it just took effect, you can’t have consequences already. Take a look at the comp stat,” Shea continued. “We’re seeing it immediately at the same time that you have [state and local jail] populations dropping significantly. Now don’t tell me there’s not a correlation to that.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nypd-police-commissioner-crime-has-skyrocketed-because-of-democrats-bail-reform

So is "helping" numbers of minorities in jails worth the horrible results on the innocent public?

Or is this just some random coincidence.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
There is no proof to the contrary.
Well, Bail Reform happens, and then suddenly:

Robberies are up 32.5 percent
Car theft is up 61 percent
Burglaries are up 18 percent

...compared to the same time period last year.

Just think about if Trump or Republicans passed a major legislation and such drastic negative changes happen. Do you think you'd be saying "Well.. there's no PROOF that the Trump/GOP legislation is causing these horrible changes"...

No, you'd be pinning it to them. Stop being so obtuse, I know the leftist cause is important, but you can admit when it fails. And, if any results so drastically negative correlate with a change in law, there SHOULD be assumptions made. I mean, when you let people who tend to be on the wrong side of the law out of jail based on their skin color.. the race doesn't matter, you're letting known perpetrators back out to do more dirt.

And, the data shows that's pretty much what's happening.

So, I wonder what is more important to Democrats... racial quotas or protecting the populace. It seems the former is becoming far more important to them.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
However, I'm sure it's still viewed as a success on the left because it was passed to get quotas of races out of jail more often...

But don't take my word for it, here's NYPD Police Commissioner Dermot Shea

“Since 2020 began, as of Friday at midnight, robberies are up 32.5 percent, car theft is up 61 percent and burglaries are up 18 percent compared to the same time period last year,” The New York Post reported. “And the numbers aren’t fractions either — a total of 233 more robberies have happened this year compared to last, 159 more car thefts and 125 more burglaries, just in the last three weeks.”

“In the first three weeks of this year, we’re seeing significant spikes in crime. So either we forgot how to police New York City, or there’s a correlation,” Shea said. “If you let out individuals that commit a lot of crime, that’s precision policing in reverse and we’re seeing the effects in a very quick time, and that is why we’re so concerned.”

“People say it just took effect, you can’t have consequences already. Take a look at the comp stat,” Shea continued. “We’re seeing it immediately at the same time that you have [state and local jail] populations dropping significantly. Now don’t tell me there’s not a correlation to that.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nypd-police-commissioner-crime-has-skyrocketed-because-of-democrats-bail-reform

So is "helping" numbers of minorities in jails worth the horrible results on the innocent public?

Or is this just some random coincidence.
Criminals are nearly as important a Democrat voting block as are the deceased.

Well, Bail Reform happens, and then suddenly:

Robberies are up 32.5 percent
Car theft is up 61 percent
Burglaries are up 18 percent

...compared to the same time period last year.

Just think about if Trump or Republicans passed a major legislation and such drastic negative changes happen. Do you think you'd be saying "Well.. there's no PROOF that the Trump/GOP legislation is causing these horrible changes"...

No, you'd be pinning it to them. Stop being so obtuse, I know the leftist cause is important, but you can admit when it fails. And, if any results so drastically negative correlate with a change in law, there SHOULD be assumptions made. I mean, when you let people who tend to be on the wrong side of the law out of jail based on their skin color.. the race doesn't matter, you're letting known perpetrators back out to do more dirt.

And, the data shows that's pretty much what's happening.

So, I wonder what is more important to Democrats... racial quotas or protecting the populace. It seems the former is becoming far more important to them.
I accept their is a correlation, but you haven't proven a causal relationship.
Here's an example of the logical fallacy:

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I accept their is a correlation, but you haven't proven a causal relationship.
Here's an example of the logical fallacy:
Wow, you have to retreat that far?

If we cant even suspect anything without 100% evidence.. well, we'd have nothing to talk about here.. ever. Almost noone would be investigated, because if there's evidence, well, that's just correlation.

You'd have nothing on Trump, that's for sure. However, you correlate all the time on him. You just have to be honest and hold consistent standards, which you have openly admitted that you don't.

I guess innocent people being terrorized by criminals doesn't bother you that much, being that you're so "what me worry" and on the political defense here.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Is race correlated to crime rates or is it the cause of crimes?
Putting perpetrators back on the street has nothing to do with race.

The left makes it about race because it happens to affect more minorities. However, just because something affects a group more than another doesn't mean it's systematically anti-anything. Men make up like 85% of prisons. The prison system isn't anti-male, men just commit more crimes.

Putting perpetrators back on the street has nothing to do with race.

The left makes it about race because it happens to affect more minorities. However, just because something affects a group more than another doesn't mean it's systematically anti-anything. Men make up like 85% of prisons. The prison system isn't anti-male, men just commit more crimes.
And bail-reform has nothing to do with race either. It has to do with wealth.