• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dershowitz revises his impeachment view, based on further research

reason10

Governor
Something the Edited here have never ever engaged in.

The brilliant legal mind Alan Dershowitz has had a change in his thinking, since the Clinton impeachment.
Dershowitz changes his mind on impeachment requirements, argues crime must be committed

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/der...t-be-committed

As President Trump’s impeachment trial moves into the defense phases, attorney Alan Dershowitz on Sunday said that he has changed his mind on whether a crime is needed to remove a president from office -- a reversal of his stance during the impeachment of President Bill Clinton in 1999.

Dershowitz, who recently joined Trump’s impeachment defense team, argued that a crime needs to be committed to impeach a president – a 180-degree shift from his previous thinking – and added that even after lengthy arguments by the House managers last week, he still sees Democrats' arguments falling far short of swaying the Senate to remove Trump from office.

“The conduct has to be criminal in nature -- it can’t be abuse of power; it can’t be obstruction of Congress,” he said. “Those are precisely the arguments that the framers rejected.”

The Harvard Law School professor said that he changed his thinking after doing more research on the matter. During an interview in the midst of the Clinton impeachment, Dershowitz said, “you don’t need a technical crime” to impeach a president.
“I did say that then, and then I’ve done all the extensive research,” Dershowitz said on Sunday. “I’ve been immersing myself in dusty old books, and I’ve concluded that no, it has to be crime.”

And last time I checked, boys and girls, defeating Hillary Clinton in a landslide and making a bunch of snowflakes cry is not a crime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bugsy McGurk

President
Something the Edited here have never ever engaged in.

The brilliant legal mind Alan Dershowitz has had a change in his thinking, since the Clinton impeachment.
Dershowitz changes his mind on impeachment requirements, argues crime must be committed

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/der...t-be-committed

As President Trump’s impeachment trial moves into the defense phases, attorney Alan Dershowitz on Sunday said that he has changed his mind on whether a crime is needed to remove a president from office -- a reversal of his stance during the impeachment of President Bill Clinton in 1999.

Dershowitz, who recently joined Trump’s impeachment defense team, argued that a crime needs to be committed to impeach a president – a 180-degree shift from his previous thinking – and added that even after lengthy arguments by the House managers last week, he still sees Democrats' arguments falling far short of swaying the Senate to remove Trump from office.

“The conduct has to be criminal in nature -- it can’t be abuse of power; it can’t be obstruction of Congress,” he said. “Those are precisely the arguments that the framers rejected.”

The Harvard Law School professor said that he changed his thinking after doing more research on the matter. During an interview in the midst of the Clinton impeachment, Dershowitz said, “you don’t need a technical crime” to impeach a president.
“I did say that then, and then I’ve done all the extensive research,” Dershowitz said on Sunday. “I’ve been immersing myself in dusty old books, and I’ve concluded that no, it has to be crime.”

And last time I checked, boys and girls, defeating Hillary Clinton in a landslide and making a bunch of snowflakes cry is not a crime.
Translation: OJ’s lawyer did a complete 180.

;-)

reason10

Governor

;-)
Considering that he is the best legal mind in this event, it might not be a bad idea to listen to him, especially since the House Edited have wiped their asses with the Constitution ever since this thing has started.

Trump committed no crime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boca

Governor

;-)
You could look at it that way, but the House can impeach for any reason, to include winning an election, but that's not enough to remove a president from office in his legal opinion.

That's why it takes 2/3 of the Senate, a consensus, to do so. Proof of a crime though would no doubt be enough.