• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Despair

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I just went up the road to collect a marrow for my dinner and bumped into a sweet lady drawing a pic of our village hall, sitting on the grass verge opposite it - we passed the time of day ( gossiped) and the conversation turned to the Parliamentary mess - within the conversation I mentioned that we would be the minority in Britain, going by the official figures of birthrates and influx, by 2060 ( 40 yrs time) - lol she briefly looked up from her drawing and gazed at the clouds and said mmmm but it has happened before, the Vikings ............ I really was, a rare thing, quite lost for words.

The Vikings? In Saxon country? In 2019? My acrimony sort of wilted as I toddled off with pups to collect my marrow.
People have been conditioned to be passive, and to be “pooled” and herded. Dispirited. This is what was required in order for a superior system to be rejected in favor of a vastly inferior and unjust one.

What a shame.

Spamature

President
I had been avoiding the News and all discussions on Brexit - it is just too unbearably upsetting now three years later and we are still in the fuc'king EU!- But my Remoaner sister phoned me to day and went into a rant about us all starving to death and having no meds and Boris being a dictator ect and so on after I had said 'I can't talk about it'. I ended up putting the phone down on her but the peace of ignorance was broken and I went to the Telegraph to catch up with the awful News ---

You have to pay to read the Telegraph so I'm posting this article instead

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/09/03/today-was-a-very-dark-day-for-british-democracy/

The political class has taken back control – from the people.
Don’t believe for one minute the self-aggrandising claims of the Remainer establishment and its noisy cheerleaders in the media. Tonight’s vote by MPs to seize control of the parliamentary agenda in order to prevent a No Deal Brexit is not, as they claim, a wonderful assertion of parliamentary sovereignty against a dictatorial executive led by Boris Johnson.

No, it is an assertion of the political elite’s arrogant authority over the people. If MPs have seized power from anyone this evening, it is from us, the public, the millions who voted to leave the EU. This is not parliament vs the executive – this is parliament vs the people, and it opens up one of the greatest, most troublesome constitutional crises of modern times......................
So you want off the plane in mid flight and it looks as if the fight is over whether you put on a parachute or not before you jump ?

So you want off the plane in mid flight and it looks as if the fight is over whether you put on a parachute or not before you jump ?
This is the discussion here and has been for a while - that we can do nothing to stop what 'they have in store' for us, it is going to happen no matter what we do or don't do but what to do afterwards - it is not that people are lethargic nor are we cowards but the writing is on the wall- thought is how going into how we rebuilt after they have done their worst.

I don't know what you mean about mid flight --- but think you are talking about the treasonous MPs who are not us.

Last edited:
But they are not representing us - they have turned against us. It is now the elite vs the people.
Snob Rule Enabled by Insulting Brainwashing

Representation is an elitist form of government. It led directly to the Communists imposing it as "wiser and more well-informed than the common man."

Electing is the opposite of voting; it is giving up our right to determine our own destiny to pre-owned snobs from a self-appointed political class.

Yep, the electoral college is faux-democracy as well.
Concentrations of Population Are As Nation-Destroying As Concentrations of Wealth

You assert that just because the Right Wing supports it, which is only because Bush and Trump won on it, not because of principle. They contradict themselves when they tie it to their insulting anti-American spoiled-snob meme of "two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner." Actually, the supremacy of the Popular Vote is more in line with anyone who believes in a republic, because it has turned out to be the anti-democratic situation of 48 states being subject to the will of 2 states.

Spamature

President
This is the discussion here and has been for a while - that we can do nothing to stop what 'they have in store' for us, it is going to happen no matter what we do or don't do but what to do afterwards - it is not that people are lethargic nor are we cowards but the writing is on the wall- thought is how going into how we rebuilt after they have done their worst.

I don't know what you mean about mid flight --- but think you are talking about the treasonous MPs who are not us.
But isn't the dispute over whether or not there is an agreement with the EU before the break up, rather than if the break up takes place ?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
There is nothing stopping them from doing it now as a sovereign nation except their own incompetence.
Actually, lack of responsiveness/good faith by their ruling class. You’re correct, it’s on them (the people of the UK) to solve this. How badly do they want this? Will they force the issue. We see what the people of Hong Kong do in protest to a far more hostile “host”.

Brits need to get serious, I think.

Actually, lack of responsiveness/good faith by their ruling class. You’re correct, it’s on them (the people of the UK) to solve this. How badly do they want this? Will they force the issue.
"The people" are incapable of solving it. They don't have the chops to do anything but bloviate. Brexiteers are professional opinion-havers. That's all they bring to the table. Opinions.
One of the most valuable things I learned in schools was "Opinions, are like @$$holes, everyones got one."
We see what the people of Hong Kong do in protest to a far more hostile “host”.
Yes, with Britain evenly split that would take the form of either a Coup or a a civil war. Neither or which is a good option when this is really about their right to self-harm.
Brexit was never a serious exercise to begin with. Just some trolls taking it a bit to far.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
"The people" are incapable of solving it. They don't have the chops to do anything but bloviate. Brexiteers are professional opinion-havers. That's all they bring to the table. Opinions.
One of the most valuable things I learned in schools was "Opinions, are like @$$holes, everyones got one."

Yes, with Britain evenly split that would take the form of either a Coup or a a civil war. Neither or which is a good option when this is really about their right to self-harm.

Brexit was never a serious exercise to begin with. Just some trolls taking it a bit to far.
Sounds rather like projection to me. Self-determination is not self-harm except to the most twisted of tyrants. A majority of folks voted to exit the EU. The politicians either need to make it so, or the citizens need to hold them to account. It’s been three years. Ball in court, Brits.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Sad to see the un-elected "Royal Family" (aka The EU) beat down those that don't comply with their demands of sacrifice.

Let's hope Britain doesn't take this lying down, and rises up to fight these pseudo-monarchs.

Spamature

President
Sad to see the un-elected "Royal Family" (aka The EU) beat down those that don't comply with their demands of sacrifice.

Let's hope Britain doesn't take this lying down, and rises up to fight these pseudo-monarchs.
Wait ? Who elected the actually royal family ? And didn't the Queen give the okay to basically closing down their Parliament before the leave date meaning they wouldn't even get to vote on how they leave the EU ?

Actually, lack of responsiveness/good faith by their ruling class. You’re correct, it’s on them (the people of the UK) to solve this. How badly do they want this? Will they force the issue. We see what the people of Hong Kong do in protest to a far more hostile “host”.

100 thousand people march on London - no-body takes any notice. The RW has been sidelined by people like Farage and Tommy Robinson ( Tommy himself is still respected but the movement around him has lost support for reasons I shan't bother with here) and others - so we are split into even opposing political parties like UKIP and The Brexit Party. Solid working class communities have been destroyed one way or another so unity is a problem as is conversation now due to the Hate Laws. People are ready but we have exhausted all the normal processes of decent - what next? I dunno