• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Despair

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Trying to reason with edited, I quickly learned, just didn't work. Calling them edited didn't work either but it was a lot more fun and didn't leave me intellectually drained.
yes my friend all it does is disrespect idiots all over the world. I knew right away back then that you and I suffer TFI syndrome. (Grin)

So you don't have a solution that is compatible with the GFA. That's the hold up. Brexiteers spend too much time pontificating and not enough coming up with solutions to their problems. I think they believe that they believe if they pontificate hard enough their problems just disappear. They are a laughingstock.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Which is why the English and the Welsh overwhelmingly, with all the odds stacked against us, voted to leave three years ago.

Les Elite, those characterless soulless monsters, for the last three years have done everything they could to ruthlessly thwart that truly pure democratic vote after years and years and years of their having relentlessly weakened all that we were. None of us think that Boris is our good hero and superman. He will not deliver us from all evils but he is trying to deliver us our first blow to Les Elite - he is a clever man, a history boff, but --- my God the Devil is mighty in the Houses of Parliament, eh?
It is no different here. This is bothersome enough, but what is truly troubling is the fact that citizens - half of them - cheer it. This is clear sign that our nations have lived beyond proper mandate.

I think enough people care that No deal Brexit ain't happening.
Democracy = what? The majority vote wins, no? The majority of us voted to leave and so all that the behaviour of our MPs are proving to the whole wide world now is that democracy is an illusion.

Enough people care is bs anyway - of those who have a voice maybe but not of the actual people, I promise you.

Jen

Senator
Democracy = what? The majority vote wins, no? The majority of us voted to leave and so all that the behaviour of our MPs are proving to the whole wide world now is that democracy is an illusion.

Enough people care is bs anyway - of those who have a voice maybe but not of the actual people, I promise you.
I'm pretty sure nations are in the control of some entity other than its people. People are given the illusion of self-control, but that probably doesn't exist at all.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
So you don't have a solution that is compatible with the GFA. That's the hold up. Brexiteers spend too much time pontificating and not enough coming up with solutions to their problems. I think they believe that they believe if they pontificate hard enough their problems just disappear. They are a laughingstock.
This is the sort of lefty elitist crap that is so tiresome. In order for these folks to be “a laughingstock”, the laugher would need to be in proper superior position of judgment. You are not. The UK people voted directly for a thing that is not being administered.

You can do the snark-from-on-high garbage to your heart’s content, but this demonstrates only childish arrogance and abject self-unawareness. It’s the stuff of adolescence.

Then, in the same breath, pious observation of celebrating differences of culture will be offered on far more existentially substantive matters...for NON-WESTERN peoples.

Deconstructionism, as always.

This is the sort of lefty elitist crap that is so tiresome. In order for these folks to be “a laughingstock”, the laugher would need to be in proper superior position of judgment. You are not. The UK people voted directly for a thing that is not being administered.

You can do the snark-from-on-high garbage to your heart’s content, but this demonstrates only childish arrogance and abject self-unawareness. It’s the stuff of adolescence.

Then, in the same breath, pious observation of celebrating differences of culture will be offered on far more existentially substantive matters...for NON-WESTERN peoples.

Deconstructionism, as always.
So you don't have a solution for the Irish Borderthat is compatible with the GFA. You just want to pretend that its something holding Brexit back except Brexiteers failing to solve the problems they should have accounted for in the first place. They didn't think it through before they held the referendum. They didn't have an actual plan to execute. It was a completely moronic exercise in the first place.
If Brexiteers were in the private sector and they said, we want to do something but we don't have a plan to execute, nor do we have the skills to do it, but we have a long history of scapegoating just about everything, they would get laughed out the building.

It is no different here. This is bothersome enough, but what is truly troubling is the fact that citizens - half of them - cheer it. This is clear sign that our nations have lived beyond proper mandate.
It is far more than half who voted to leave here - when we are talking of the actual British people and many many who did vote remain have changed their minds toward leave after seeing the way our politicos have behaved. The elite fear an election so will block it as they fear any second referendum because they would lose.

I have never been a great fan of democracy, as we have it, and now we see that it really does not exist, if it ever did. The best thing about Britain before entering the EU was that there was no central gov institutional presence within our local governance so that life went on in the same old way no matter who was in power - that stability is long gone, and forgotten, now by the uneducated youth --- yesterday afternoon I was watching the end of some silly quiz program, a group of young people were asked to name 10 counties bordering Greater London and Oxfordshire - I think they got 3 out of 10 and were naming towns as opposed to counties! They don't even know the counties of their own country! One of them even lived in Gloucestershire which borders Oxfordshire! They then found it all so amusing that they didn't know! --- We have such a long hard road to travel to undo the harms inflicted on us over the last 50 years - all of us - fighting the indoctrinated as well as the elite and if we don't begin it now it will be to late.

So you don't have a solution for the Irish Borderthat is compatible with the GFA. You just want to pretend that its something holding Brexit back except Brexiteers failing to solve the problems they should have accounted for in the first place. They didn't think it through before they held the referendum. They didn't have an actual plan to execute. It was a completely moronic exercise in the first place.
If Brexiteers were in the private sector and they said, we want to do something but we don't have a plan to execute, nor do we have the skills to do it, but we have a long history of scapegoating just about everything, they would get laughed out the building.
>Yawn< The solution has been found and is irrelevant now anyway.

It is far more than half who voted to leave here - when we are talking of the actual British people and many many who did vote remain have changed their minds toward leave after seeing the way our politicos have behaved. The elite fear an election so will block it as they fear any second referendum because they would lose.

I have never been a great fan of democracy, as we have it, and now we see that it really does not exist, if it ever did. The best thing about Britain before entering the EU was that there was no central gov institutional presence within our local governance so that life went on in the same old way no matter who was in power - that stability is long gone, and forgotten, now by the uneducated youth --- yesterday afternoon I was watching the end of some silly quiz program, a group of young people were asked to name 10 counties bordering Greater London and Oxfordshire - I think they got 3 out of 10 and were naming towns as opposed to counties! They don't even know the counties of their own country! One of them even lived in Gloucestershire which borders Oxfordshire! They then found it all so amusing that they didn't know! --- We have such a long hard road to travel to undo the harms inflicted on us over the last 50 years - all of us - fighting the indoctrinated as well as the elite and if we don't begin it now it will be to late.
It likes Brexit isn't really about leaving the EU. It's about pointlessly pontificating. If it was actually about leaving the EU they would find a solution to the Irish border that is compatible with the GFA.
Either...
1.)Irish Unification
2.) T May's deal.
3.) Leave the GFA.

Those are you choices... so tell your politicians to quit dicking around and choose one. There is no magic bullet here. Just make the choice and suffer the political consequences.

Parliament is sovereign. So the referendum was really just a show vote.

Democracy=mob rule according to the right-wingers around here.
According to our constitution when it comes to our sovereignty the franchise must be give their voice - we gave it. I am not going all through that again though having repeated it to you on at least two occasions before.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Tell me, judgy...what was the status of America’s national charter (the US Constitution) when we declared our independence from Britain? Had we solidified the details of our formation and mapped out solutions to bind and administer the colonies?

What our schools have done to the minds of our citizens is unforgivable. In place of thoughtful analysis and critical thinking skills, we now have cocksure doctrinaire blowhards altogether incapable of measured thought and balanced, historically-contextual capacity for reason.

The same Brits who successfully operated their nation for centuries prior to the EU are capable of doing the same without it. And they can solve any downstream issue (that the globalist Borg use as excuse to delay/prevent Brexit) AFTER they exit the EU. The people want their independence and sovereignty back.

Which is precisely why lefty opposes it. As usual.