• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill"!!

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein..........
Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee...and the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill.

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:
"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office.
I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine , even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One.

There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'.

The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

-- Columnist Burt Prelutsky,
Los Angeles Times

Be sure to forward this to all of the “mentally ill” vets you know.
Also forward it to all your friends who vote in California.

freyasman

Senator
Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein..........
Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee...and the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill.

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:
"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office.
I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine , even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One.

There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'.

The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

-- Columnist Burt Prelutsky,
Los Angeles Times

Be sure to forward this to all of the “mentally ill” vets you know.
Also forward it to all your friends who vote in California.
You might want to fact-check this one, Bernard; I think it's was shown to be a mis-quote or something, I don't remember for sure, but you might want to check. (But that line about the cauldron is funnier than shit LOL)

Bugsy McGurk

President
You might want to fact-check this one, Bernard; I think it's was shown to be a mis-quote or something, I don't remember for sure, but you might want to check. (But that line about the cauldron is funnier than shit LOL)
Yeah, Republican lies are hilarious.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Bit in the ass again LOL

FALSE

Examples:
[Collected via e-mail, April 2013]

Can you verify this quote? Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill and the government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Origins: A subject of discussion during a U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee meeting on 7 March 2013 was an amendment offered by Texas senator John Cornyn which sought to modify the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013legislation proposed by California senator Dianne Feinstein by allowing an exemption for former military personnel (in addition to an exemption for retired law enforcement personnel which was already part of the bill). Senator Cornyn objected to the notion that the original bill should provide an exemption for retired law enforcement but not for retired military, saying (in part):

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/feinstein.asp

Bugsy McGurk

President
Bit in the ass again LOL

FALSE

Examples:
[Collected via e-mail, April 2013]

Can you verify this quote? Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill and the government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Origins: A subject of discussion during a U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee meeting on 7 March 2013 was an amendment offered by Texas senator John Cornyn which sought to modify the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013legislation proposed by California senator Dianne Feinstein by allowing an exemption for former military personnel (in addition to an exemption for retired law enforcement personnel which was already part of the bill). Senator Cornyn objected to the notion that the original bill should provide an exemption for retired law enforcement but not for retired military, saying (in part):

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/feinstein.asp
When will Pugs learn that right wing brainwashers ALWAYS lie?

Not just sometimes. Not just often. ALWAYS.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Her actual quote...

If I understand this, this [amendment] adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Yeah, PTSD is an advent of the Iraq war. They may have started calling it that then, but it has been around as long as war has been around. It was once called "shell shock". What an idiot.
I do not disagree. She's a complete moron. However, in this instance, she was misquoted.

fairsheet

Senator
Vets are people. All people are mentally ill (imho), ergo...............

Although, I will say that my current vet seems to have a good relationship with my mutts.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
When will Pugs learn that right wing brainwashers ALWAYS lie?

Not just sometimes. Not just often. ALWAYS.
Obama never met his illegal immigrant uncle, Obama lived with his illegal immigrant uncle...........speaking of LIES 'o' hasn't spoken the truth since 2008☻

Bugsy McGurk

President
It's always amusing with Frau Feinstein, given she and her husband got filthy rich selling weapons to the government...
Some Republican posts a completely false Republican "quote" about Feinstein, it's show to be false, and Pugs then gather around to ditto, none bashing the Pugs liars involved, and all bashing...guess who...Feinstein!

;-)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
is she the wag from California that's fixing to make a $Billion selling property to the bankrupt postal service?

will she give up her security detail?...not bloody likely☻

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Some Republican posts a completely false Republican "quote" about Feinstein, it's show to be false, and Pugs then gather around to ditto, none bashing the Pugs liars involved, and all bashing...guess who...Feinstein!

;-)
you must not have posted here before 'O'...........