• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Did Mrs. Trump plagiarize part of her speech from Mrs. Obama's 2008 speech?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/288274-melania-trump-speech-plagiarized-paragraph-from-michelle-obamas-2008
It seems that Trump didn't write his book and now his wife plagiarized part of her speech tonight almost word for word from Michelle Obama's speech from 2008. Trump's wife said she wrote the whole thing with just a little help. Most thought she got that help from Trump's speech writers and not from Michelle Obama.
After feasting on Beagle puppy innards, she swiftly crafted dice from Siamese kitten chicklets...then she moved on to plagiarism.

It's a shame your DNC payroll managers didn't consult me for your material, eh..."Independent"??

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
The Transylvanian Trophy wife barely speaks English...Of course she plagiarized the speech.....Like she was going to write it herself?....Come on

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
After feasting on Beagle puppy innards, she swiftly crafted dice from Siamese kitten chicklets...then she moved on to plagiarism.

It's a shame your DNC payroll managers didn't consult me for your material, eh..."Independent"??
Before you AGAIN poke fun of what someone writes, and go on about someone on DNC payroll, you really should look at the evidence. I just watched this on CNN and they put a side-by-side videos of Michelle's and Melania's speeches and parts of it absolutely were plagiarized.

Now you can say that it was written by speech writers...that's what I would have said, and still think that's true. BUT earlier when Anderson Cooper was talking to her about her speech, she said that she wrote it herself.

SO....if she did write it, she plagiarized part of it. If she actually didn't write it, then she's a liar. Take your choice. And you know, if that were "MOOCH" (as your buddies here call her) that would be a cardinal sin.

I think it's funny as hell.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/melania-trump-michelle-obama-speech/index.html

Edit: I read it was Matt Lauer that she told she wrote it. Whatever...whomever...it was BS or she is a plagiarist.

Last edited:

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Before you AGAIN poke fun of what someone writes, and go on about someone on DNC payroll, you really should look at the evidence. I just watched this on CNN and they put a side-by-side videos of Michelle's and Melania's speeches and parts of it absolutely were plagiarized.

Now you can say that it was written by speech writers...that's what I would have said, and still think that's true. BUT earlier when Anderson Cooper was talking to her about her speech, she said that she wrote it herself.

SO....if she did write it, she plagiarized part of it. If she actually didn't write it, then she's a liar. Take your choice. And you know, it that were "MOOCH" (as your buddies here call her) that would be a cardinal sin.

I think it's funny as hell.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/melania-trump-michelle-obama-speech/index.html
Oh these Republican Ass Holes will blame it on Hillary or some such non sense...This foreign born Trophy wife Trump paid for barely speaks English...Hell she just read what they told her to....

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Oh these Republican Ass Holes will blame it on Hillary or some such non sense...This foreign born Trophy wife Trump paid for barely speaks English...Hell she just read what they told her to....
I'm LMAO....she had no idea that they would find out it was plagiarized when she tried to take credit for writing it. I actually think someone else wrote it, and after living with The Donald all these years, she decided to lie and take credit herself. What a family!!!

A couple of people on CNN that are Trump supporters were breaking their a**es trying to make excuses.

This is going to be quite a fall (season) and hopefully Drumpf will fall on his patootie.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Actually I feel kind of sorry for her, but then she shouldn't have said she wrote it. Of course, her husband, the Gestapo, probably told her what to do. Poor woman living with that over-bearing creep...it must be hell. But then gold diggers sometimes get what they deserve. There are plenty of them around.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/288274-melania-trump-speech-plagiarized-paragraph-from-michelle-obamas-2008
It seems that Trump didn't write his book and now his wife plagiarized part of her speech tonight almost word for word from Michelle Obama's speech from 2008. Trump's wife said she wrote the whole thing with just a little help. Most thought she got that help from Trump's speech writers and not from Michelle Obama.
It appears the speech was plagiarized. Absolutely...for sure. LOL Why would they not realize that they'd be caught? If not by others, by Michelle Obama herself.

Hey...I just had a thought. Maybe Michelle is the one who blew the whistle. Now that would be hilarious.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Actually I feel kind of sorry for her, but then she shouldn't have said she wrote it. Of course, her husband, the Gestapo, probably told her what to do. Poor woman living with that over-bearing creep...it must be hell. But then gold diggers sometimes get what they deserve. There are plenty of them around.
After Trump gets his ass beat she'll probably bolt...Get some Money ,head back to Transylvania where she again can be "Cue scary Music"........ Miss Melanie..Empress of the Night!..Da Queen of Darkness

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
After Trump gets his ass beat she'll probably bolt...Get some Money ,head back to Transylvania where she again can be "Cue scary Music"........ Miss Melanie..Empress of the Night!..Da Queen of Darkness
Or maybe do some more nude shots for GQ magazine. :) Poor thing.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Or maybe do some more nude shots for GQ magazine. :) Poor thing.
Hey she knew what she was doing marrying that jerk...But I do feel a bit sorry for her...There is NO way she wanted to be paraded out there reading this phony plagiarized speech....I bet even Trump didn't want her babbling off a teleprompter...This was the RNC trying force feed some kind Bullshit about Trump being a likeable family guy...The Reality is: He is a Loud Mouth Ass Hole............Pure and Simple

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Hey she knew what she was doing marrying that jerk...But I do feel a bit sorry for her...There is NO way she wanted to be paraded out there reading this phony plagiarized speech....I bet even Trump didn't want her babbling off a teleprompter...This was the RNC trying force feed some kind Bullshit about Trump being a likeable family guy...The Reality is: He is a Loud Mouth Ass Hole............Pure and Simple
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and no doubt you can't make a man out of a neutered boar. LOL.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
See how nice we are? Feeling 'sorta' sorry for her? If the roles were reversed, they'd be calling for Michelle's arrest and incarceration. LOL

melania bring back.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/politics/melania-trump-speech-2016-rnc/

Can it get any worse than this? Two sentences plagiarized by Melancholia’s speechwriter from a 2008 Michelle Obama speech have become the lead story on CNN, MSNBC and all the other outlets who think America’s best choice is the serial liar and lawbreaker named Hillary. Well, it certainly can’t get any more ironic . . .

The GOP convention theme last night was supposed to be “Make America Safe Again”. Instead, the media has dubbed it “Make America copyright infringe again".

President Obama – reached at his palm springs golf vacation – seemed unaware of the controversy. In response to the phrase “copycat”, he cut off the reporter immediately with this response: “I steadfastly deny adopting any part of John Maynard Keyne’s failed economic theories and claiming they are my own . . . now step back please . .. ” before turning and slicing his ball wildly into the brush.

To their credit, Team Trump is holding fast to their claim that Monrovia wrote every word of her own speech, and refuses to throw the actual speechwriter under the bus. Which leads me to ask . . . was the actual speechwriter Donald himself . . . ?

However, I don’t want to vilify and abandon Millenia on the basis of just 2 phrases. So I went back to examine OTHER Michelle Obama speachifying, to see if any portions of those made their way into last night's address. Fortunately, the following Michelle-ogisms below were NOT plagariazed:
  • For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country” (upon the election of her husband)
  • You don’t want to go with a boy who’s too stupid . . . “
  • “Princeton made me far more aware of my "blackness" than ever before . . . no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors tried to be . . .I will always be black first and a student second.”
  • “Every woman deserves to be respected” (irony alert, as the press tries to take down Melania, as they did with Palin)
  • “I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.” (oops – my bad – this is actually a Barack Obama quote. How did THAT get in here? My bad . . . )

Last edited:
If that's the best they can do, I'm guessing Melania did quite well. Was one of the "stolen" phrases, "ladies and gentlemen"?
basically my view as well. the fact that most networks are focusing on melania, and none of the other 6 speakers, suggests they found those messages disturbingly effective against hillary

D

Deleted member 21794

basically my view as well. the fact that most networks are focusing on melania, and none of the other 6 speakers, suggests they found those messages disturbingly effective against hillary
I tried to stay up to watch some of it on PBS. I saw the Benghazi mother. She wasn't a very good speaker, but was relatively effective. A mother being lied to by another mother about her son's death, and then Hillary calling her a liar afterwards- not a pretty picture, perfectly in line with "Corrupt Hillary". I doubt many people watched it, so not a major point.

I find the conventions pretty boring. I often wonder how many undecided voters really even watch much if any of them.

I tried to stay up to watch some of it on PBS. I saw the Benghazi mother. She wasn't a very good speaker, but was relatively effective. A mother being lied to by another mother about her son's death, and then Hillary calling her a liar afterwards- not a pretty picture, perfectly in line with "Corrupt Hillary". I doubt many people watched it, so not a major point.

I find the conventions pretty boring. I often wonder how many undecided voters really even watch much if any of them.
I didn't watch any of this live. I caught excerpts on the morning news cycle. I have a life, and it typically involves going to bed around 9pm, so I can get up at 5 and start preparing for work