• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Did you all see the news reports that the CDC lowered the covid death rate to .26%...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You are recklessly endangering people by breathing within a six radius of other people.
Breathing is not ever a "reckless" endeavor - unless you are purposefully blowing your germs in someone's face trying to infect them.

Not "people" - certain people. And we know whom - the old, obese and infirm. In the past, it was those who are "endangered" (such as the immunocompromised) who were expected to avoid going out in public where they might be "endangered." Not lock the rest of us away, including the "innocent" who are not "endangering" anyone by going out.

When did all of that change?

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Breathing is not ever a "reckless" endeavor - unless you are purposefully blowing your germs in someone's face trying to infect them.

Not "people" - certain people. And we know whom - the old, obese and infirm. In the past, it was those who are "endangered" (such as the immunocompromised) who were expected to avoid going out in public where they might be "endangered." Not lock the rest of us away, including the "innocent" who are not "endangering" anyone by going out.

when did you change? You were a poster child for how dangerous this illness was. Doom and gloom constantly. Now, because your favorite politician says it’s okay, you completely change your tune? Thats pretty weak.

EatTheRich

President

The old, obese, infirm, and immune compromised are not living in a hermetically sealed bio-dome. They inevitably have contact with people who go elsewhere and have contact with others. All you are being asked to do is show a little responsibility, if you could do it for two weeks we would have this thing licked and the (very loose) restrictions you complain about would become things of the past.

Raoul_Luke

The old, obese, infirm, and immune compromised are not living in a hermetically sealed bio-dome. They inevitably have contact with people who go elsewhere and have contact with others. All you are being asked to do is show a little responsibility, if you could do it for two weeks we would have this thing licked and the (very loose) restrictions you complain about would become things of the past.
Bullshit! We're being "asked" (and by asked I mean "ordered") to give up our very futures, whatever remains of our national prosperity, and, perhaps worst of all, our liberty (and by liberty I mean freedom). We are being commanded to commit economic and emotional suicide over a disease that kills precisely on the order of magnitude of the common flu. It is absurd! Either this isn't America or you people aren't Americans. It's one or the other...which is it?

Raoul_Luke

when did you change? You were a poster child for how dangerous this illness was. Doom and gloom constantly. Now, because your favorite politician says it’s okay, you completely change your tune? Thats pretty weak.
You must have me confused with somebody else. I said from the very beginning that the response was a gross, nay, epic overreaction. My "favorite politician" is Rand Paul, and yes, he and I both agree that what you people have wrought is nonsense.

EatTheRich

President
Bullshit! We're being "asked" (and by asked I mean "ordered") to give up our very futures, whatever remains of our national prosperity, and, perhaps worst of all, our liberty (and by liberty I mean freedom). We are being commanded to commit economic and emotional suicide over a disease that kills precisely on the order of magnitude of the common flu. It is absurd! Either this isn't America or you people aren't Americans. It's one or the other...which is it?
There is no economic and social suicide involved in everyone taking a two-week vacation at home. Which is all that would be required. Anyway, this has already killed 2-10 times as many as flu has killed any year this decade, and that’s with the most stringent public health measures in more than 50 years, and before the forecasted deadlier second wave has hit.

Raoul_Luke

There is no economic and social suicide involved in everyone taking a two-week vacation at home. Which is all that would be required. Anyway, this has already killed 2-10 times as many as flu has killed any year this decade, and that’s with the most stringent public health measures in more than 50 years, and before the forecasted deadlier second wave has hit.
Bullshit!

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Bullshit!

Lukey, help me understand - from where does this oft-repeated mantra of “two weeks” come? Setting aside the VERY valid question of presidential and/or gubernatorial validity of shutting down private industry... what is “two weeks” about? It has been MONTHS for many tens of millions of us.

Raoul_Luke

Lukey, help me understand - from where does this oft-repeated mantra of “two weeks” come? Setting aside the VERY valid question of presidential and/or gubernatorial validity of shutting down private industry... what is “two weeks” about? It has been MONTHS for many tens of millions of us.
I have no idea. It must just be that they are so used to lying and getting away with it (being back-stopped, of course, by PNWest's list of "appoved" "news" sources) that it just comes naturally for them to BS us on EVERYTHING.

Raoul_Luke

As for the deaths, lets wait and see the INCREASE in total deaths over expected deaths. I don't believe these totals at all. Median age of death is something like 80. Almost all had multiple co-morbidities. Many of them probably wouldn't have made it through the winter anyway.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I have no idea. It must just be that they are so used to lying and getting away with it (being back-stopped, of course, by PNWest's list of "appoved" "news" sources) that it just comes naturally for them to BS us on EVERYTHING.
Here in Oregon, it was all shut down on Friday 3/13 - roughly “two weeks” ago. California shut down before we did - as did Washington.
With an incubation period of 6-14 days, we secured “curve-flattening” by 3/27 on the West Coast. Again, Dean Wormer, “the math doesn’t check out”.

:-/

EatTheRich

President
Because people didn’t spend two weeks complying, and because a plan to take advantage of it was not in place in Washington.

EatTheRich

President
As for the deaths, lets wait and see the INCREASE in total deaths over expected deaths. I don't believe these totals at all. Median age of death is something like 80. Almost all had multiple co-morbidities. Many of them probably wouldn't have made it through the winter anyway.
So says your death-panel logic.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Because people didn’t spend two weeks complying, and because a plan to take advantage of it was not in place in Washington.
Yet even where that plan WAS in place, it has been telescoped to 5x that period. Right? To the abject SILENCE of those who argued for “two weeks” and “flattening the curve”.

Do you find this to be transparent and honest?

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

On average about 7800 Americans die daily- pre virus count.

What is the increase up and above that - No one will say. Since you can Overdose and be considered a covid death.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
On average about 7800 Americans die daily- pre virus count.

What is the increase up and above that - No one will say. Since you can Overdose and be considered a covid death.
So since you seem to know more than the CDC, how many people have died of COVID?

EatTheRich

President
Yet even where that plan WAS in place, it has been telescoped to 5x that period. Right? To the abject SILENCE of those who argued for “two weeks” and “flattening the curve”.

Do you find this to be transparent and honest?
A city can have a great plan and still be helpless if the rest of the country is not on board.