• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Did you see John Stewart destroy Judith Miller ? If not here

MaryAnne

Governor
I just watched it on my iPad. Jon will be sorely missed.

I just read he and his wife bought a Farm and will use it as a Sanctuary for abused Farm Animals. His wife is a vegan and involved in that group.

Spamature

President

I just read he and his wife bought a Farm and will use it as a Sanctuary for abused Farm Animals. His wife is a vegan and involved in that group.
The show hit its stride covering the invasion Iraq. Fitting go around to finally confront someone who played a major public role in misleading the nation to war. Now if only Rummy, Cheney or Bush could sit down for a going away interview.

MaryAnne

Governor
There are so many lies from so many,it would be impossible to blame anyone person. Every one who voted,or were hung ho for the Iraq war is to blame.

I heard what Hillary said before she voted about the President promising war would be a last resort and we have to trust the President. But she had been arong long enough to know what Cheney and the Neocons wanted. She still voted. Of course Bush lied,thousands died. But I am at the point we need some fresh blood in the White House and Congress. And not the crazy tea party types.

Even Scarborough was complaining about us rebuilding other Countries, while ours deteriorates. Congress pouring more money into Defense and cutting programs that hurt the poor. The thing I disagreed with is cutting Entitlements. All that would do is create more poverty, mostly among the elderly,and many of them are barely hanging on now.

MaryAnne

Governor
The show hit its stride covering the invasion Iraq. Fitting go around to finally confront someone who played a major public role in misleading the nation to war. Now if only Rummy, Cheney or Bush could sit down for a going away interview.
Those three need a jail cell,not an interview!:(

is this part of the democratic war on women? why would stewart want to "destroy" a woman?

who is judith miller, anyway? some sort of obscure scarecrow for the left to take shots at? never heard of her.

what's an 'abused farm animal'? a cow that wasn't milked frequently enough?

Arkady

President
Damn. He wudda been a great lawyer. She's a Fox News-trained bullshit artist, and he still skewered her. She sure did help the Bush/Cheney liars peddle their lies.
Man, that's a good line: "a Fox News-trained bullshit artist"! That really captures a whole sub-genre of talking heads, who have been well trained to advance the conservative agenda with misleading factoids and rhetorical slight-of-hand. They're a slippery group, but they can be skewered if you're familiar with their standard moves.

Arkady

President
is this part of the democratic war on women? why would stewart want to "destroy" a woman?

who is judith miller, anyway? some sort of obscure scarecrow for the left to take shots at? never heard of her.
Not at all obscure. She's a neocon who worked as a writer at the New York Times, and was famously involved both in passing along pro-war disinformation about WMDs, in the run-up to the Iraq invasion, and in the betrayal of our CIA asset Valerie Plame. To give you a sense for how "non-obscure" she is, the Google search '"Judith Miller" scandal' turns up 584,000 hits.

After the fact, what did this John Stewart person say at the time? The blame game is easy after the fact. I dislike Piers Morgan, he is an arrogant sod, but admire him for standing up against the Govs complicity in the Iraqi bombing/invasion.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Spamanure, my advice to you is refrain from making a judgement on who destroyed whom or who did not destroy whom because you are not very good at it. Jon Stewart is a f**king idiot and the only thing he has ever destroyed is the notion that he is not a f**king idiot.

Not saying that Judith Miller destroyed him because she didn't. He was browbeating her and he just looked like the f**king idiot he is.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

No, this is yet another in the ongoing series of lefty posts that are "Blasts from the Past". They started about a week or so ago and are proliferating. Obama is swirling, HRC's got troubles, and dutiful lefty is dredging up every ancient thing he can to move the narrative.

I called it out and noted that this will be the standard M.O. moving forward.

You're going to see tons of this.

No, this is yet another in the ongoing series of lefty posts that are "Blasts from the Past". They started about a week or so ago and are proliferating. Obama is swirling, HRC's got troubles, and dutiful lefty is dredging up every ancient thing he can to move the narrative.

I've been saying it for years. Every time Obama (and now Hillary) have a bad week, the volume of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Reagan/FOX News/etc threads go up dramatically.

I think it's lesson #1 in the DNC's Official Internet Agitator employee handbook.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I've been saying it for years. Every time Obama (and now Hillary) have a bad week, the volume of Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Reagan/FOX News/etc threads go up dramatically.

I think it's lesson #1 in the DNC's Official Internet Agitator employee handbook.
Oh, in the past week the posters in this forum have really ramped it up...and they hate it when you point that out.
:)

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

In order for you to be happy, the only posts here should be the negative ones about Hillary and Obama 24/7. Tough!! If you don't like "blasts from the past" you certainly wouldn't have liked the Bush years when Clinton was brought up constantly.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
In order for you to be happy, the only posts here should be the negative ones about Hillary and Obama 24/7. Tough!! If you don't like "blasts from the past" you certainly wouldn't have liked the Bush years when Clinton was brought up constantly.
If some of you folks derive happiness OR unhappiness from what is posted on this forum, you have my profound sympathies...but please don't project such things on me. :)

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
If some of you folks derive happiness OR unhappiness from what is posted on this forum, you have my profound sympathies...but please don't project such things on me. :)
Oh but you seem to be pretty invested yourself, Rick. And bitching about anyone bringing up the past adm. makes you look pretty silly when what went on during that administration has certainly affects us now as it did back then.