• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Discussion: How does one get a share of the economic pie?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
second question: How does one increase ones share of the economic pie?

CAVEAT: Strictly apolitical. Any steerage in that direction will be excised.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Phil starts>

I think...studying hard..getting a good education...facilitates a good step in to a position that can earn a satisfying piece of the economic pie.

I also think...accepting the instilling of a work ethic from parents and others, and instilling same in ones child(ren) aids as well.

your turn....

NightSwimmer

Senator
I'd say it all depends upon your initial conditions.

Do you believe that there is a single pathway that is applicable to everyone?

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
second question: How does one increase ones share of the economic pie?

CAVEAT: Strictly apolitical. Any steerage in that direction will be excised.
Mr. Fish,

It is rather easy, actually:

1. Live within one's means.

2. Live consciously, paying attention to what is going on around you being on the lookout for opportunities. Plan your life and goals, set your goals and stick to them.

3. Work hard, being an asset to your employeer.

4. Get an education and keep learning and improving your skills.

5. Learn to get along with and understand others.

6. Save and invest.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say it all depends upon your initial conditions.

Do you believe that there is a single pathway that is applicable to everyone?
no, else i would have stated so..

dont most share in the common pathway of education (at least to a large degree...)?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Mr. Fish,

2. Live consciously, paying attention to what is going on around you being on the lookout for opportunities. Plan your life and goals, set your goals and stick to them.

6. Save and invest.

And where one does not garner the desired outcome....which of these must change?

connieb

Senator
Phil starts>

I think...studying hard..getting a good education...facilitates a good step in to a position that can earn a satisfying piece of the economic pie.

I also think...accepting the instilling of a work ethic from parents and others, and instilling same in ones child(ren) aids as well.

your turn....
I agree with your points. I would also add - being fiscally conservative and budget conscious and or using debt wisely and sparingly and only to build wealth or increase earning power. You must also avoid criminal activities and illegal drug use. Avoid alcohol abuse, and legal drug abuse.

connie

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with your points. I would also add - being fiscally conservative and budget conscious and or using debt wisely and sparingly and only to build wealth or increase earning power. You must also avoid criminal activities and illegal drug use. Avoid alcohol abuse, and legal drug abuse.

connie
you sure about the alcohol abuse..? i mean a good turn every once in a while....

but i digress..

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well, so far so good.

Study. Work Hard. Save and Invest.. Dont spend beyond one's means.. plan. set goals.

Hmm.. seems doable.

I'll add ..

revisit goals. revise and expand them. avoid inertia.

NightSwimmer

Senator
so there are not educational standards? minimums of performance? standard curricula?

We're working on standardizing the curricula for public schools. There is much opposition to the effort.

The pathways taken by Ercoli DiMeo, George W. Bush, Bill Gates and Barack Obama were all significantly different, yet they all managed to accumulate "pie", wouldn't you agree?

connieb

Senator
Mr. Fish,

6. Save and invest.
You make an excellent point particularly about planning. I am not sure where the saying comes from but it is very true..... "Failing to Plan, is planning to fail."

If you have no concept of what you want financially, how in the world are you ever going to get there. And, if you don't know where you are you going - how do you know where you need to be? Its all so convoluted. But, anecdotally, looking at my friends and relatives who have a much smaller piece of the economic pie... they never actually set any financial goals, and never had any sort of plan. They just allowed life to happen to them instead of at least attempting to create some sort of structure or plan. Life has hiccups, it always does, but its mind boggling to me who is planner, when I talk to someone who has absolutley no plan for their future. None. Like - we will see what happens?

How in the world is that a productive way to live? I had plans since I was a kid. I knew what college I wanted to go to, how long I expected to be there, how much money I needed to make and save to afford it, what my intial salary expectations were, when I wanted to get married, when I wanted to have my kids, what income leve I wanted to be at by 30, by 35, by 40, by 45. How much I needed to have in retirement by 50 - to retire timely. Sure, things have had revisions, sure some temporary road blocks came up. But, I knew what the plan and goals were - so I could manuever and adjust and figure out what else I needed to do to minimize the negative impact. It never ceases to amaze me though that people don't htink - I should be married by 27, have kids between the ages of 30 - 35, makes sure I am back to full- employment - by age 40 or whatever your schedule is..... but they don't. And, I think it accounts for a lot of failure.

connie

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
We're working on standardizing the curricula for public schools. There is much opposition to the effort.

The pathways taken by Ercoli DiMeo, George W. Bush, Bill Gates and Barack Obama were all significantly different, yet they all managed to accumulate "pie", wouldn't you agree?
So, heretofore...there have not existed curricula?

yes, and?