• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Discussion: How does one get a share of the economic pie?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
In the broadest sense, I suppose you could say that everyone is the same.
By and large everybody goes through the elementary and middle schooling path, no? as such is the case.. where one applies oneself...you leave with a step up vs another who does not... yes or no?

NightSwimmer

Senator
By and large everybody goes through the elementary and middle schooling path, no? as such is the case.. where one applies oneself...you leave with a step up vs another who does not... yes or no?

I'd say that depends upon one's inherited abilities, in addition to how well one chooses to apply their talents and efforts.

Or, as I said in my first post, it all depends upon your initial conditions.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
second question: How does one increase ones share of the economic pie?

CAVEAT: Strictly apolitical. Any steerage in that direction will be excised.
Hard work.

Period.

Work at working and you'll succeed.

Be the best _____ you can possibly be.

In the words of Dr. King.

"And when you discover what you will be in your life, set out to do it as if God Almighty called you at this particular moment in history to do it. don't just set out to do a good job. Set out to do such a good job that the living, the dead or the unborn couldn't do it any better.

If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music, sweep streets like Leontyne Price sings before the Metropolitan Opera. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well. If you can't be a pine at the top of the hill, be a shrub in the valley. Be be the best little shrub on the side of the hill.

Be a bush if you can't be a tree. If you can't be a highway, just be a trail. If you can't be a sun, be a star. For it isn't by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are."

Corruptbuddha

Governor
1. Inherit it.
2. Earn it.
3. Take it.
4. Steal it.
5. All of the above.
Are not 3 and 4 the same thing?

So, in essence there are only three options(two for the regular folks)..Inherit it...earn it...or steal it.

I promote earning it as stealing doesn't work out so well for most.

Are not 3 and 4 the same thing?

So, in essence there are only three options(two for the regular folks)..Inherit it...earn it...or steal it.

I promote earning it as stealing doesn't work out so well for most.
Nope. Take it is legal, stealing it is supposed to be illegal but only when you get caught. And even then, it's probably still legal.

Hard work.

Period.

"And when you discover what you will be in your life, set out to do it as if God Almighty called you at this particular moment in history to do it. don't just set out to do a good job. Set out to do such a good job that the living, the dead or the unborn couldn't do it any better.

If it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, sweep streets like Beethoven composed music, sweep streets like Leontyne Price sings before the Metropolitan Opera. Sweep streets like Shakespeare wrote poetry. Sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will have to pause and say: Here lived a great street sweeper who swept his job well. If you can't be a pine at the top of the hill, be a shrub in the valley. Be be the best little shrub on the side of the hill.

Be a bush if you can't be a tree. If you can't be a highway, just be a trail. If you can't be a sun, be a star. For it isn't by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are."
Hard work is not the way to get rich. Making a good deal for yourself is the best way to do it. It all comes down to who is there when the goodies get doled out. If you are not at the table, you get scraps. Now some may say that just being at the table means you worked hard at it. Sure but harder than a guy in shipping or that young intern working for free or that engineer who worked days and nights making that thing you sold to cisco worth a billion dollars?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Hard work is not the way to get rich. Making a good deal for yourself is the best way to do it. It all comes down to who is there when the goodies get doled out. If you are not at the table, you get scraps. Now some may say that just being at the table means you worked hard at it. Sure but harder than a guy in shipping or that young intern working for free or that engineer who worked days and nights making that thing you sold to cisco worth a billion dollars?
Getting 'rich' wasn't the question.

'Getting a share of the economic pie' was, I believe.

One can be immensely successful and not ever be 'rich' by any stretch.

I've been very successful...and I'm no Bill Gates or Warren Buffet.

Hard work, and diligent application and conservation of resources available will, in the end, pay off.

ALWAYS.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Hard work.

Period.

Knowing that you have done your best could be considered a reward in and of itself, but what does that have to do with grabbing your share of the "economic pie"?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Knowing that you have done your best could be considered a reward in and of itself, but what does that have to do with grabbing your share of the "economic pie"?
exactly. if you find yourself working at a min wage job...i do think telling yourself 'I did my best' is probably not going to garner much satisfaction.

maybe. but I doubt it.