• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do-Nothing R's off to Maryland for ANOTHER retreat?

Sure, why not? Regurgitate the same old immigration reform ideas, figure out what they can hold hostage on debt ceiling, and more re-branding in the wake of BHO's magnificent and playful SOTU speech in which he outlined a host of things 60-90% of the American people are FOR.

Bonus topic: How they can accomplish even less this year than last! :)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/30/at-retreat-republican-alternatives-are-just-repeats.html
The Republican house has passed over 40 bills ranging from tax reform, to tax credits for job creators, building the keystone pipeline, and other energy measures. They are sitting on Reid's desk.

The do nothings are all Senate Democrats.

Bo-4

Senator
The Republican house has passed over 40 bills ranging from tax reform, to tax credits for job creators, building the keystone pipeline, and other energy measures. They are sitting on Reid's desk.

The do nothings are all Senate Democrats.
You go with that meme Sarge.. but nobody is buying it.

Sorry :(

You go with that meme Sarge.. but nobody is buying it.

Sorry :(
It happens to be the truth. Just because the Republicans won't pass Obama's Communist agenda doesn't mean they aren't doing anything.

As a matter of fact, when our government was first founded, the House and Senate only served a few months of the year,. I think that would be a great idea to reestablish.

The less the doe the freer we remain.

justoffal

Senator
Sure, why not? Regurgitate the same old immigration reform ideas, figure out what they can hold hostage on debt ceiling, and more re-branding in the wake of BHO's magnificent and playful SOTU speech in which he outlined a host of things 60-90% of the American people are FOR.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/30/at-retreat-republican-alternatives-are-just-repeats.html
I agree Bo....

Time for a third party don't you think?

Bring the Tea party and Occupy wall street members together....at least they show a willingness to hit the streets.

JO

Last edited:

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

Cambridge is the perfect locale for do nothings, as there is nothing to do there!

There is but one place in the town...The Hyatt. It does have a golf course, but I don't believe Boehner would brave the cold.

Umm, every poll to date says that most people want SMALLER GOVERNMENT and LOWER TAXES and OBAMACARE GONE.

Every damn thing Obama proposes spends more and costs more and grows government. He's been doing this crap for 5 years. Time to do something that works. SHRINK THE DAMN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
Walker did it with state government in Wisconsin, and he's now got a budget surplus. And he did it by creating a job friendly low regulatory, anti government union administration.

It's working.. Now we need DC to start doing the same thing. The vast majority of us will all be better off.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Umm, every poll to date says that most people want SMALLER GOVERNMENT and LOWER TAXES and OBAMACARE GONE.

Every damn thing Obama proposes spends more and costs more and grows government. He's been doing this crap for 5 years. Time to do something that works. SHRINK THE DAMN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.
Walker did it with state government in Wisconsin, and he's now got a budget surplus. And he did it by creating a job friendly low regulatory, anti government union administration.

It's working.. Now we need DC to start doing the same thing. The vast majority of us will all be better off.
Every poll to date???

Six in ten Americans believe Congress should raise taxes on Americans earning more than $1 million per year, according to a new CBS News poll, while only 35 percent oppose such an increase.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-most-back-raising-taxes-on-millionaires/

A Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll released late on Wednesday, however, held the potential to shake up the stalemate. Three-quarters of those surveyed, including 61 percent of Republicans, said they would accept raising taxes on the wealthy to avoid the so-called cliff, as Democratic President Barack Obama is demanding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/13/fiscal-cliff-poll-gop_n_2289056.html

Bo-4

Senator
It happens to be the truth. Just because the Republicans won't pass Obama's Communist agenda doesn't mean they aren't doing anything.

As a matter of fact, when our government was first founded, the House and Senate only served a few months of the year,. I think that would be a great idea to reestablish.

The less the doe the freer we remain.
Nah, your clowns want more trickle-up for corporations and the 1% while opposing literally EVERYTHING that a vast majority of Americans want.

I'll grant 'em one thing however - your overlords have you thoroughly duped! ;-)

Bo-4

Senator
I agree Bo....

Time for a third party don't you think?

Bring the Tea party and Occupay wall street members together....at least they show a willingness to hit the streets.

JO
Interesting notion JO.. they probably have more in common than one would think.

Bo-4

Senator
Cambridge is the perfect locale for do nothings, as there is nothing to do there!

There is but one place in the town...The Hyatt. It does have a golf course, but I don't believe Boehner would brave the cold.
I just saw the Weeper reiterate that he he doesn't use a tanning booth because he's always outside golfing, working on the ranch, etc etc.

Did you SEE him at the SOTU? He looked blacker than Obama in our worst winter in years.

Sure JB, sure ;)

Bo-4

Senator

Walker is LYING about his surplus, jobs creation and everything else. But you won't see that on your RW blogs and Fox.

Sorry Sarge, people want immigration reform, minimum wage increase, and programs to reduce income inequality and strengthen the middle class.

NightSwimmer

Senator
I just saw the Weeper reiterate that he he doesn't use a tanning booth because he's always outside golfing, working on the ranch, etc etc.

Did you SEE him at the SOTU? He looked blacker than Obama in our worst winter in years.

Sure JB, sure ;)

I didn't know if it was just my TV, but he looked less orange and more red than usual to me. Maybe it was just a different makeup artist who prepped him?

Bo-4

Senator
I didn't know if it was just my TV, but he looked less orange and more red than usual to me. Maybe it was just a different makeup artist who prepped him?
Kind of a lovely reddish black. That's pretty much what tanning beds do.

I think the makeup artist merely brushed on the permanent scowl. ;)

Walker is LYING about his surplus, jobs creation and everything else. But you won't see that on your RW blogs and Fox.

Sorry Sarge, people want immigration reform, minimum wage increase, and programs to reduce income inequality and strengthen the middle class.
Prove it.

Prove it.
And immigration is a priority by only 3% of the citizens, and even they want border security first. Why the hell do you want to give the country away to people who came here illegally without fixing the problem to stop the problem?

And two thirds of the people say that they don't want the government to get involved in income inequality.

Why, because that's the way capitalism works, and you set your own income level without government interference.

Bo-4

Senator
And immigration is a priority by only 3% of the citizens, and even they want border security first. Why the hell do you want to give the country away to people who came here illegally without fixing the problem to stop the problem?

And two thirds of the people say that they don't want the government to get involved in income inequality.

Why, because that's the way capitalism works, and you set your own income level without government interference.
Where do you find such wildly misleading information Sarge? Immigration may not be the TOP priority but it's in the top 10. Security first is what you read on your moonbeam sites.

As for Walker:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=549181535092685&id=209691592375016

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/promises/walk-o-meter/promise/526/create-250000-new-jobs/

Where do you find such wildly misleading information Sarge? Immigration may not be the TOP priority but it's in the top 10. Security first is what you read on your moonbeam sites.

As for Walker:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=549181535092685&id=209691592375016

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/promises/walk-o-meter/promise/526/create-250000-new-jobs/
>>>>These reports come from the monthly Current Employment Statistics, a survey of about 3 percent of Wisconsin employers. They are preliminary and prone to considerable revision.<<<

43,000 new jobs at just 3% of Wisconsin employers? That' s pretty damn good!

All in all I'd have to say that that report is a positive. No wonder Walker is significantly ahead of his Democrat opponent. And he did it LOWERING taxes, and he save the state millions when he got rid of the Union Health Insurance that was overcharging the state millions. He got better coverage for half the cost.

When it comes to government health care.