• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do you ever wind up in bed with a jerk?

NightSwimmer

Senator
I sometimes do. I don't always notice it, but my wife usually does. Some say that it can trigger that falling sensation that happens sometimes while you're falling asleep.

abrokensecrets.files.wordpress.com_2010_07_freefall_e127926030cb54518b74281ead1c311c4ed6c9ddfb.jpg

Wikipedia:

A hypnic jerk, hypnagogic jerk, sleep start, or night start, is a myoclonic twitch which occurs during hypnagogia, just as a person is beginning to fall asleep, often causing them to awaken suddenly for a moment. Physically, hypnic jerks resemble the "jump" experienced by a person when startled, often accompanied by a falling sensation. A higher occurrence in people with irregular sleep schedules is reported.

LeRoy: Like Wulk, I completely, ah, 'misinterpreted' the meaning of your subject title, at first!

I once had someone tell me, in all seriousness, that if you dream you are falling, and don't wake up before you hit the ground, you will die in your sleep.

My response was: How could you POSSIBLY know that?!??

lilly

Council Member
I have a few times, but, she usually leaves in the morning. :)
Ha! Now NS has to get all hypnagogic myoclonic and we won't hear about the others.

Kidding aside I have felt like I was falling but only once and it was not fun. What can they do for it Night?

That is the way I wake up from napping at my desk.
LeRoy: When I first started working the graveyard shift for Hewlett-Packard, it took me awhile to adjust. On my second night, I fell sound asleep at my desk. When I woke up, it took me a moment to realize that my co-workers had used about five rolls of duct tape to COMPLETELY tape me in place. Took about half an hour to extricate myself. They seemed to think it was very funny. Ha Ha. I didn't 'get' the joke.

Ha! Now NS has to get all hypnagogic myoclonic and we won't hear about the others.

Kidding aside I have felt like I was falling but only once and it was not fun. What can they do for it Night?
LeRoy: In your dream, just pretend you have a trampoline underneath you. Makes it a lot more fun.

P

PACE

I thought that this occurred, because the body experienced total loss of muscle control for a few minutes, without the "dithering effect" of the brain, muscles would twitch and jerk.

fairsheet

Senator
I sometimes do. I don't always notice it, but my wife usually does. Some say that it can trigger that falling sensation that happens sometimes while you're falling asleep.

abrokensecrets.files.wordpress.com_2010_07_freefall_e127926030cb54518b74281ead1c311c4ed6c9ddfb.jpg

Wikipedia:

A hypnic jerk, hypnagogic jerk, sleep start, or night start, is a myoclonic twitch which occurs during hypnagogia, just as a person is beginning to fall asleep, often causing them to awaken suddenly for a moment. Physically, hypnic jerks resemble the "jump" experienced by a person when startled, often accompanied by a falling sensation. A higher occurrence in people with irregular sleep schedules is reported.
I have - every night of my entire life. But, I'm not sure there's any way around it.

RedCloud

Mayor

Wikipedia:

NS, are you sure your wife hasn't been waking up in bed with a jerk ever since she married you?