• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Does Obama and liberals really hate retired people that much?

mark14

Council Member
Yep I was against bailing em out. But the "smart" leaders felt there would be more harm in not bailing them out. I am not sure that is the case.. The Bush admin refused to bailout Enron and yes people lost but we kept on chugging
Although they screwed a lot of people, thanks to lobbying for deregulation I must add, Enron wasn't an investment bank so their failure didn't have the repercussion letting the banks fail would have. Banks, unfortunately, are "too big to fail" as was demonstrated previously in the Savings and Loan Crisis when the Reagan Administration bailed them out too. What is unfair is to call the individual home owners stupid and say they got what they deserve when the banking system that stuck it to them got bailed out and now continues to profit from taking advantage of their ignorance.

OldGaffer

Governor
Although they screwed a lot of people, thanks to lobbying for deregulation I must add, Enron wasn't an investment bank so their failure didn't have the repercussion letting the banks fail would have. Banks, unfortunately, are "too big to fail" as was demonstrated previously in the Savings and Loan Crisis when the Reagan Administration bailed them out too. What is unfair is to call the individual home owners stupid and say they got what they deserve when the banking system that stuck it to them got bailed out and now continues to profit from taking advantage of their ignorance.
No, in Winger world that is perfectly OK, survival of the fittest does not have to be bound by morality or society, whatever it takes is OK.

Bo-4

Senator
What a joke Mr ya-ta. Mittens is hardly "retired" and he is not "unemployed". He's been running for president for 10 years now.

And he screwed over thousands of families in the process of becoming filthy rich.

Btw, his money is due for a return trip from the Grand Caymans.. let us know when you see it land.

Spamature

President
Mr. Spam,

Don't you mean "access to Bill Clinton and the bi-partizan Congress?" They are the ones who gave Mitt Romney his adventagous tax rate.
Why would it matter who he and his ilk bought access from ? That doesn't change the fact that they bought their tax rates for pennies on the dollar and now spend more money lobbying for lower tax rates than they pay in taxes.

mark14

Council Member
Wow Spamature,

Rather than admit he was wrong he went back and edited his original post which said

" Originally Posted by ya-ta-hey

Mr. Spam,

Don't you mean "like Bill Clinton does?" He's the one who gave Mitt Romney his adventagous tax rate."

Yep. He tried to put it all on Clinton who had nothing to do with writing the tax break.

Apparently people like ya-yah haven't learned that it isn't just the things you say but the cover up of what you actually said that counts too...

Lobato1

Mayor
Obviously you are not retired & if so you must not be making too much

Specifically when I retired, of the 35 years of maximun earnings needed to average my retirement Soc. Sec. benefits, I had 38 years of maximums, the only years I did not have maximums were the years I started working, the year I was called to fullfill my military service, three years of active service, the year I went back to work & the year I retired.

BOTTOM LINE:
I collect the maximum benefits but only one third of my income comes from Soc. Sec., the other two thirds come from my 401k I now converted to an IRA since I have to meet the minimum withdrawels after age 70.5 but guess what?

Thanks to Raygun when he drove our country into the ground trying to create demand spending like there was no tomorrow on his Star Wars crap, Raygun The Great Taxer http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0608-01.htm made my after tax Soc. Sec. pension (that I had paid with after tax contributions) "Taxable a 2nd time" because I make too much money.

& now you come out with the 15% GOP crap rhetoric, exactly how much do you make?

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

I mean, the way they whine about Governor Romney and his 15% tax rate base on long term capital gain returns, you gotta wonder why Libs hate people that have worked hard all their lives, and are now living off their retirement investments.

mark14

Council Member
I don't think that I'm being double taxed by Social Security. I'm self employed and pay my Social Security on what I earn and it is deducted from my gross income before what remains is otherwise taxed. What I get back from Social Security isn't something that has been taxed already but tax money that is being returned to me. If I'm doing well they can tax it like deferred income. If I'm not then it won't be taxed.

Spamature

President
Wow Spamature,

Rather than admit he was wrong he went back and edited his original post which said

" Originally Posted by ya-ta-hey

Mr. Spam,

Don't you mean "like Bill Clinton does?" He's the one who gave Mitt Romney his adventagous tax rate."

Yep. He tried to put it all on Clinton who had nothing to do with writing the tax break.

Apparently people like ya-yah haven't learned that it isn't just the things you say but the cover up of what you actually said that counts too...
No matter who the poster tries to blame it on. It doesn't change the fact that guys like Mitt hire high powered lobbyist spend large sums for and against politicians to get those tax rates. Then they stand back shrug their should and say well I pay the taxes the law requires that I pay. No they pay the taxes rates the law they bought requires.

P

PACE

God help me, it's Do Obama and Liberals really hate retired people that much?

And to answer, no.

We own Social security,

Regards
Pace

Lobato1

Mayor
Check you FICA versus your total W-2 wages & note you start with W-2 number

& the FICA is never subtracted meaning you paid FICA "AFTER" taxes.

& now in my case with my Soc. Sec. pension, I have to go to the Soc. Sec. Worksheet & I get the full taxable amount of line 17., because the line 1., amount that I receive from my 401k exceeds by far the $32,00 of line 8., plus the $12,000 of line 10.,.
BTW:
These numbers ($32K & $12K), have never been adjusted for inflation on the cost of leaving.

Best Regards
Lobato1

I don't think that I'm being double taxed by Social Security. I'm self employed and pay my Social Security on what I earn and it is deducted from my gross income before what remains is otherwise taxed. What I get back from Social Security isn't something that has been taxed already but tax money that is being returned to me. If I'm doing well they can tax it like deferred income. If I'm not then it won't be taxed the Soc. Sec. worksheet.