• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Does this board maintain a list of banned words?

Jen

Senator
And all of your posts reflect on you.
It is not your job to lecture to me, yet you continue to do that. :blah:
I don't know why you have taken me (and others) on as your personal "project", but ..........it does reflect on you whether you understand that or not.
Have a good day, degs.:wave:

So show FACTUALLY how it sucks. Don't call names.

you are entitled to your OPINION but not your own facts. and that's the point. Not all opinions are equal in value, insight or ignorance. Clearly someone who has no knowledge of Latvian has very little basis for holding an opinion between the word Miksts and Maigs. You of course are ENTITLED to that opinion and have a right to hold it.

But that does not mean your opinion in that circumstance has any meaningful contribution to the overall discourse. And part of being an adult is to recognize when you lack actual verifiable factual support for your "opinion" and instead shut up and learn.

Other times when you actually can support your opinion, it makes sense to contribute and to correct or enlighten a conversation.

But running around posting "Liberals Suck" and "DemocRATS are stupid" only reflects on you. And when you make statements that are factually false (like Obama doesn't work past 4pm) that are resonant with racist comments and then DON'T EVEN OWN YOUR MISTAKE when corrected... You come across as racist. and that repeated pattern of doing so is telling.

And yes, you will probably be able to congratulate yourself on being the primary reason Political Jack has two less participants who actually contribute CONTENT.

Take some personal responsibility please

MaryAnne

Governor
Oh please, drop the innocent little miss muffent appproach. You continually engage in drive by 3rd person name calling that is unprovoked. Your posting is largely content free and your reporting of quality posters for the most minor of offenses is legend.

This notion of "we all have to grow up a bit" is like the abusive parent telling his children that emotional self-control is important.
Dave is here,ya' all be nice now,ya' hear?

Dave

Council Member
sorry about that Dave. worded poorly...meant the selection process for moderators what with the back and forth amongst... certainly not the moderators or moderating..
Cool man no worries, I'm just getting BOMBARDED today with reports and PM"s so it's been a tough one. Trying to be fair isn't easy. We are meeting now about the moderator thing, I loved the thread (even though it went off course a bit) and we have some ideas from it. Hopefully everyone will be happy and the forum will prosper from changes.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
One thing you'll never have to worry about is Phil here bombarding you with them there PM's and reports and whatnot...

Ain't Phil's thing...

Say....as an aside...do the majority of those PM's and such come from saaay....5 to 10 folk? the same folk over and over?

if you say yes...throw em the f out. save yerself the hassle.

(just Phil's opinion mind you.)

Barbella

Senator
Would you call this post of yours a "minor offense"? Because I think it's an egregious personal attack, done in an extremely arrogant manner.

Cicero

Mayor
A day without pointing a finger at a leftwinger is an unproductive day . . . no shit! Eh? That's not on the list?

degsme

Council Member
Dave
Tried responding to your PM but the messaging system won't let me. I'll try again later.

Lapcat

Governor
If you've read through the PJ new posts index....some of the u.s. leftwingers seem to doing all the finger-pointing today. Of course, that's A-OK! LOL

A day without pointing a finger at a leftwinger is an unproductive day . . . no shit! Eh? That's not on the list?

P

PACE

I don't think so, but there are auto censors based on certain words, I posted a post last week and I think I used the phrase
for tat, and it auto censored, so it's key word based.

Of course we know there are standard curse words not allowed, we can always refer to the George Carlin list, that's still in effect and of course we can wiki Lenny Bruce in case that falls short.

Interesting thread, it degraded very quickly, I see that the thick skin theory does not work here, and of course, the firebrands who wish to just fight and grab the softest blankie during nappie time have chimed in.

Sorry for the disgression, but reading this thread, you can see it's not the words, but the attitude and the temperance that's sub-standard.

On another note, we are spending an awful lot of time talking about stylistic affect rather than the content, seems a little backwards to me,

Maybe this should be called "Etiquette Jack"???

Regards
Pace

degsme

Council Member
Well......

we can certainly understand why.
And again, is your goal here to engage in civil discourse of to name call and fight?
I've asked you this a number of times and you have not yet answered. Its a simple question.

Lapcat

Governor
No more than your goal here is obviously to stalk, harass, insult, intimidate and try to run the con posters off the board.

Hint/clue: it ain't workin!

Grammar challenged much?

And again, is your goal here to engage in civil discourse of to name call and fight?
I've asked you this a number of times and you have not yet answered. Its a simple question.

lilly

Council Member
Even though I kidded about Jack's adjectives( oh dear what is the other word for that type of adjective), it always was a joke and I don't think for a minute people in the heat of the moment should not be able to use some. Especially men since it is apart of their language man to man. Around children would be a different thing.

Doesn't bother me but it might others.