• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

DOJ investigation of Ferguson, MO

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
read the report here. what's revealed about the racist practices in Ferguson will offend your Christian sensibilities. if you have any, that is.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/document-justice-department-ferguson-police/index.html

AG Eric Holder's comments today showed a man on fire for JUSTICE.
now it seems that he'll remain in office until 2017. why, you ask? because republicans can't figure out if they hate Holder less than they do the new nominee to replace him. :)

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
read the report here. what's revealed about the racist practices in Ferguson will offend your Christian sensibilities. if you have any, that is.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/document-justice-department-ferguson-police/index.html

AG Eric Holder's comments today showed a man on fire for JUSTICE.
now it seems that he'll remain in office until 2017. why, you ask? because republicans can't figure out if they hate Holder less than they do the new nominee to replace him. :)
Have you actually read this?

How do you feel about a police officer asking someone if they can afford to pay a fine before citing someone? i.e., Don't fine a lawbreaker until you determine they can afford to pay the fine. If they can't afford to pay the fine, they should be let go.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Even relatively routine misconduct by Ferguson police officers can have significant consequences for the people whose rights are violated. For example, in the summer of 2012, a 32-year-old African-American man sat in his car cooling off after playing basketball in a Ferguson public park. An officer pulled up behind the man’s car, blocking him in, and demanded the man’s Social Security number and identification. Without any cause, the officer accused the man of being a pedophile, referring to the presence of children in the park, and ordered the man out of his car for a pat-down, although the officer had no reason to believe the man was armed. The officer also asked to search the man’s car. The man objected, citing his constitutional rights. In response, the officer arrested the man, reportedly at gunpoint, charging him with eight violations of Ferguson’s municipal code. One charge, Making a False Declaration, was for initially providing the short form of his first name (e.g., “Mike” instead of “Michael”), and an address which, although legitimate, was different from the one on his driver’s license. Another charge was for not wearing a seat belt, even though he was seated in a parked car. The officer also charged the man both with having an expired operator’s license, and with having no operator’s license in his possession. The man told us that, because of these charges,
he lost his job as a contractor with the federal government that he had held for years.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Have you actually read this?

How do you feel about a police officer asking someone if they can afford to pay a fine before citing someone? i.e., Don't fine a lawbreaker until you determine they can afford to pay the fine. If they can't afford to pay the fine, they should be let go.
it's obvious you didn't read the report.

gigi

Mayor
Wow, all this was going on for so long in Ferguson and Holder didn't give a crap about it until a high profile case out of Ferguson, the outcome of which, pissed him off. Prior to that, nothing from him. These people could have spontaneously combusted and he wouldn't have known or cared.

I wonder if this is going to be another debacle like the time he tried to bully a woman into leaving public property in front of his wife's abortion mill, and the judge bitch slapped him up and down the courtroom, accused him of cooking up a fake case, and ordered the DOJ to pay all of his victim's legal fees.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I read parts of it--just like you did.

Where are the testimonies from people who were NOT cited or arrested, but given a warning? Or do you KNOW that there were none of those?
hey, I don't mind that your reply makes you look like a bigoted ignoramus.
if that's what you want, go for it.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Wow, all this was going on for so long in Ferguson and Holder didn't give a crap about it until a high profile case out of Ferguson, the outcome of which, pissed him off. Prior to that, nothing from him. These people could have spontaneously combusted and he wouldn't have known or cared.

I wonder if this is going to be another debacle like the time he tried to bully a woman into leaving public property in front of his wife's abortion mill, and the judge bitch slapped him up and down the courtroom, accused him of cooking up a fake case, and ordered the DOJ to pay all of his victim's legal fees.
you're one crazy bitch, girl.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
We didn't know there was such injustice brewing in Ferguson, but then there were the protests, and so we all found out. The protestors actually had something to protest and should be applauded.

I think Ferguson is going to pay claims for some time to come. That's where I'd hit them, in the pocketbook.

gigi

Mayor
We didn't know there was such injustice brewing in Ferguson, but then there were the protests, and so we all found out. The protestors actually had something to protest and should be applauded.

I think Ferguson is going to pay claims for some time to come. That's where I'd hit them, in the pocketbook.

We are not the Dept. of Justice, or the Attorney General. Holder is. Wasn't it his job to know about these things? But until Brown's death, he didn't even know Ferguson existed. And he didn't launch his investigation until after Wilson's GJ decision.

And what about the protests? What if the Wilson GJ verdict would have gone the other way? No protests then? No calling our attention to all this gross injustice? The people of Ferguson would have been okay with being abused and violated as long as ONE BAD COP got into trouble? I ask because they weren't protesting the police's treatment prior to then. That doesn't make sense, BP.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
We are not the Dept. of Justice, or the Attorney General. Holder is. Wasn't it his job to know about these things? But until Brown's death, he didn't even know Ferguson existed. And he didn't launch his investigation until after Wilson's GJ decision.
I would blame the state government before I'd blame the federal government, but your ODS is very strong.

What about blaming the city of Ferguson?

And what about the protests? What if the Wilson GJ verdict would have gone the other way? No protests then? No calling our attention to all this gross injustice? The people of Ferguson would have been okay with being abused and violated as long as ONE BAD COP got into trouble? I ask because they weren't protesting the police's treatment prior to then. That doesn't make sense, BP.
The protestors had good reason to protest. I suppose if they didn't have good reason to protest it would be a different, and fictional, story.

gigi

Mayor
I would blame the state government before I'd blame the federal government, but your ODS is very strong.

What about blaming the city of Ferguson?

The protestors had good reason to protest. I suppose if they didn't have good reason to protest it would be a different, and fictional, story.
I'll blame the city of Ferguson when all the accusations have been answered for by them and they are exposed as guilty of the stuff in the DOJ report. Holder was shown in that sidewalk protester case I mentioned to be trumping up a case out of nothing. He was humiliated for being caught in his lie as well as having been caught trying to bully a WOMAN for an entire year when he had no grounds at all to even bring a case against her. And it cost you and me 120K. In other words, BP, I wouldn't trust Holder to tell me the correct time of day. I'll wait for the thing to unfold.

My question about the protesters was, if the things in this report are true, why weren't they protesting long before the Mike Brown/Darren Wilson incident? And why did they only protest AFTER the GJ verdict?

EatTheRich

President
I'll blame the city of Ferguson when all the accusations have been answered for by them and they are exposed as guilty of the stuff in the DOJ report. Holder was shown in that sidewalk protester case I mentioned to be trumping up a case out of nothing. He was humiliated for being caught in his lie as well as having been caught trying to bully a WOMAN for an entire year when he had no grounds at all to even bring a case against her. And it cost you and me 120K. In other words, BP, I wouldn't trust Holder to tell me the correct time of day. I'll wait for the thing to unfold.

My question about the protesters was, if the things in this report are true, why weren't they protesting long before the Mike Brown/Darren Wilson incident? And why did they only protest AFTER the GJ verdict?
You saw what happened when they did protest. Perhaps they felt they were better off not fighting back (and getting tear gassed and hit with rubber bullets) until it got to the point that they were being shot down in the streets whether they fought back or not.

why do you invariable frame these things as "christian vs. secular"?

i'm secular, right of center, and i abhor the practices documented in ferguson.

but they're all too typical of police practices EVERYWHERE. local police forces have marching orders to shake down the public for crimes which enrich municipal coffers.

this is why more often than not, a speed trap ends up stopping a car with out of state plates. your less likely to have someone "connected" who can raise hell over the stop.

this is also the philosophy behind "red light cameras"; "agressive parking enforcement"; tickets for unmowed lawns; putting your trash can out before 6am; parked more than 10 inches from the curb; "loitering"; "resisting arrest"; "failure to comply with an officer"; "withholding evidence"; "drunk and disorderly" . . . on and on.

every police department has a quota for low level, high monetary value "crimes", otherwise these crimes wouldn't even exist.

colleges are ground zero for nuisance law enforcement, since so many of the students are out of towners, and are presumed to be powerless, and non-voters.

it's not just ferguson, and it has nothing to with christianity, or any political party.

this happens in every city, whether its democrat or republican controlled.

btw - los angeles police shot another unarmed black man yesterday. people are demonstrating in the streets, even though there are at least 2 cam videos showing the suspect attempting to take the officer's service revolver.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Wrong again lefty....this is lefty complaining that 70 percent of tickets issued go to people of color in a town that's 70 percent people

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
why do you invariable frame these things as "christian vs. secular"?

i'm secular, right of center, and i abhor the practices documented in ferguson.

but they're all too typical of police practices EVERYWHERE. local police forces have marching orders to shake down the public for crimes which enrich municipal coffers.

this is why more often than not, a speed trap ends up stopping a car with out of state plates. your less likely to have someone "connected" who can raise hell over the stop.

this is also the philosophy behind "red light cameras"; "agressive parking enforcement"; tickets for unmowed lawns; putting your trash can out before 6am; parked more than 10 inches from the curb; "loitering"; "resisting arrest"; "failure to comply with an officer"; "withholding evidence"; "drunk and disorderly" . . . on and on.

every police department has a quota for low level, high monetary value "crimes", otherwise these crimes wouldn't even exist.

colleges are ground zero for nuisance law enforcement, since so many of the students are out of towners, and are presumed to be powerless, and non-voters.

it's not just ferguson, and it has nothing to with christianity, or any political party.

this happens in every city, whether its democrat or republican controlled.

btw - los angeles police shot another unarmed black man yesterday. people are demonstrating in the streets, even though there are at least 2 cam videos showing the suspect attempting to take the officer's service revolver.
you ought to read the report in full to understand the racial bias.