• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Earth just experienced one of the warmest years on record

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
You did it again. You made the same exact mistake. Conflating two totally dissimilar measurements.

See if you can figure out where you went wrong.
Again when water absorbs heat, there is a temperature flux, which can easily be measured by observing the water temperature.

Heat flux, or heat transfer per rate unit area, is a useful quantity in applications such as determining the transfer of energy from a fuel plate to working fluid, such as in a pressurized water reactor.

Measure the system parameters. Include uniform thickness of the material through which heat is flowing, and call it wall thickness, d. Include thermal conductivity, k, of this material. Measure (or estimate from system design parameters) the hot temperature (such as that of a heat source), Thot. Measure cold temperature (such as that of a working fluid), Tcold.

Calculate heat transfer rate, Q. Q is measured in units of energy per unit time, such as BTU/hr or Watts. For a wall of uniform thickness d, with a thermal conductivity of k, an area of A, a hot temperature, Thot, and cold temperature, Tcold, solve Q with the following equation: Q = k*A(Thot - Tcold)/d. For example, using iron with a k = 79.5 (Watts/m K), a wall 1 cm thick, analyzed over 1 square meter, and Thot - Tcold = 111C (or degrees K, equivalently), Q = 882,450 Watts

Is playtime over yet?

FakeName

Governor
Again when water absorbs heat, there is a temperature flux, which can easily be measured by observing the water temperature.

Heat flux, or heat transfer per rate unit area, is a useful quantity in applications such as determining the transfer of energy from a fuel plate to working fluid, such as in a pressurized water reactor.

Measure the system parameters. Include uniform thickness of the material through which heat is flowing, and call it wall thickness, d. Include thermal conductivity, k, of this material. Measure (or estimate from system design parameters) the hot temperature (such as that of a heat source), Thot. Measure cold temperature (such as that of a working fluid), Tcold.

Calculate heat transfer rate, Q. Q is measured in units of energy per unit time, such as BTU/hr or Watts. For a wall of uniform thickness d, with a thermal conductivity of k, an area of A, a hot temperature, Thot, and cold temperature, Tcold, solve Q with the following equation: Q = k*A(Thot - Tcold)/d. For example, using iron with a k = 79.5 (Watts/m K), a wall 1 cm thick, analyzed over 1 square meter, and Thot - Tcold = 111C (or degrees K, equivalently), Q = 882,450 Watts

Is playtime over yet?
You honestly don't get your mistake do you?

It is really obvious. I spelled it out for you in my first post to you on this subject.

Try again

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
You honestly don't get your mistake do you?

It is really obvious. I spelled it out for you in my first post to you on this subject.

Try again
So they actually have you brainwashed into believing that you can brainwash me.

I popped a pimple this morning that had a higher IQ than you.

PS The only thing that you spelled out in this thread is your ignorance of thermodynamics.

Practical application

FakeName

Governor
So they actually have you brainwashed into believing that you can brainwash me.

I popped a pimple this morning that had a higher IQ than you.

PS The only thing that you spelled out in this thread is your ignorance of thermodynamics.

Practical application

Lol.

Angry name calling?

I see you really missed my point and continue to. It'll probably come to you in the middle of the night. Don't choke on your foot.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Lol.

Angry name calling?

I see you really missed my point and continue to. It'll probably come to you in the middle of the night. Don't choke on your foot.
Amount of observable data in the above ramble...……………….

ZERO-------->

You want to test me, Good

Last edited:

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
It will probably come to you. You'll be embarrassed. It's ok. It happens.
You didn't know then, you don't know now. If you did you could very easily embarrass me now. You would clearly like to do that, except for

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
I already did. You just haven't realized it yet. You probably will soon. Or maybe not.
Uh huh, where exactly is Al Bore hiding after babbling that CO2 levels will make snow a thing of the past by the year 2013...……………….

But you go right on believing

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
I already did. You just haven't realized it yet. You probably will soon. Or maybe not.
Do it again, all you need do is copy and paste anyway, please...………………Or is that too hard for you.

Or are you afraid to kick because of the return?

EatTheRich

President
Oh. So food disappearing isn't about climate, it is about money.

Thanks for once again confirming your Cult is all about money, not climate.
Oops!
My “cult” (that is, science) is about rationally maximizing expectation in order to minimize needless death and suffering.

EatTheRich

President
a better solution for the poor rather than to seek to vote themselves other peoples money is to better themselves don't you agree?
There is no individual solution to the collective social problem of mass poverty that is a built-in feature of the capitalist system.

EatTheRich

President
What has your Cult produced? I mean, besides cooked books, manipulated data, and colossally incorrect predictions?
You must have me confused with a climate change denier. I agree with the position that is the consensus among experts because it is supported by successful predictions and accurate data.

Nostra

Governor
You must have me confused with a climate change denier. I agree with the position that is the consensus among experts because it is supported by successful predictions and accurate data.
So, you can't name anything your Cult has produced except mind-numbed lemmings who believe their lies.

Got it.

EatTheRich

President
So, you can't name anything your Cult has produced except mind-numbed lemmings who believe their lies.

Got it.
I don’t belong to a cult. I am a rational, evidence-based person. Just so you know, thinking for yourself does not mean blindly and without reason contradicting the experts. That’s something cultists do.