• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Earth just experienced one of the warmest years on record

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
All you have to do is look at the quality of these right wingers here. Neo could be considered a genius here.
you must like us as much as you post of us
libs pay you very little attention

FakeName

Governor
"You seriously dont the know"

post wasn't to YOU
A typo?

My posts are riddled with them. The price for writing on a phone.

Oh and my bad but if your post was private shouldn't it have bee. On the person to person feature I stead of in the open forum?

Just asking. I am new here.

FakeName

Governor
"You seriously dont the know"

post wasn't to YOU
A typo?

My posts are riddled with them. The price for writing on a phone.

Oh and my bad but if your post was private shouldn't it have been on the person to person feature Instead of in the open forum?

Just asking. I am new here.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
On record.

Let's see 'record is a bit over 100 years.

Earth is 4 Billion years old.

AOC says that's way too small of a sample.

But Chicken Little is a Liberal democrat ! Woot Woot !

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Check out the right wing stupidity on display on this thread.
What about February 2016 to February 2018, "global average temperatures dropped by 0.56 degrees Celsius." That, he notes, is the biggest two-year drop in the past century.

AOC will protect you. Trust me. The sky is falling. Just but some depends, hunker down and mama govt will protect you.

Days

Commentator
From the article:
Earth’s long-term warming trend continued in 2018 as persistent warmth across large swaths of land and ocean resulted in the globe’s fourth hottest year in NOAA’s 139-year climate record.

What part of NOAA’s 139-year climate record do you not understand. The last 5 years have been the hottest 5 years since they've had worldwide readings. Does this say that the earth wasn't hotter or colder 2000 tears ago? No - and it doesn't claim to.
So, that's one answer you could have chosen. And that tells you something right there; when the propaganda pushing this argument says "on record" it doesn't mean anything, does it? Because we have ice core records going back over half a million years but they choose to ignore that record and pretend that the past 139 years is all that matters?

I guess it is all that matters if you want to push an argument for something instead of truly looking at the science that is available. And then they lie on top of that, because the last 18 years have been a cooling trend. But you knew they were lying right off; when they ignored the real record of the earth's temps, while their headlines pretend that the past 139 years is the whole record.

So, you called the cons stupid while it was you that was falling for propaganda in place of science. The cons here have already seen this weather game the globalists are playing.

One more thing: see if you can tell me the difference between weather anomalies and climate change. Define each term, if you can.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
So, that's one answer you could have chosen. And that tells you something right there; when the propaganda pushing this argument says "on record" it doesn't mean anything, does it? Because we have ice core records going back over half a million years but they choose to ignore that record and pretend that the past 139 years is all that matters?

I guess it is all that matters if you want to push an argument for something instead of truly looking at the science that is available. And then they lie on top of that, because the last 18 years have been a cooling trend. But you knew they were lying right off; when they ignored the real record of the earth's temps, while their headlines pretend that the past 139 years is the whole record.

So, you called the cons stupid while it was you that was falling for propaganda in place of science. The cons here have already seen this weather game the globalists are playing.

One more thing: see if you can tell me the difference between weather anomalies and climate change. Define each term, if you can.
I'd buy weather weather anomalies if it was just a year or two or three. But I will trust the opinions of the 95% or so of real climate scientists that think that man made climate change is happening. The idea that somehow ALL of these highly educated scientists would slant their research isn't incomprehensible but you'd have to have some reason to do this. Who is paying them? Al Gore? How could he possibly influence them? Buy them all off? I don't think so.

And look at the climate scientists that think that there ain't nothing to worry about - just a few warm years - no big thing. Who is paying them? Big oil. Whos is more likely to be slanting their research.

All those glaciers that are disappearing? Coincidence? The northwest passage open again for the first time in 3 centuries? Another coincidence? Science is an ongoing study of things. The consensus now is that man made global warming IS happening. These guys would appear to have been right about the ozone hole - it's certainly gotten smaller since we banned fluorocarbons.

As for calling conservatives stupid - they are. When you see these dolts go out in the winter on a cold day and proclaim that as evidence that there is no global warming - how dumb do you have to be. That's like going out at midnight and saying - see the sun doesn't exist because it's dark.

redtide

Mayor
From the article:
Earth’s long-term warming trend continued in 2018 as persistent warmth across large swaths of land and ocean resulted in the globe’s fourth hottest year in NOAA’s 139-year climate record.

What part of NOAA’s 139-year climate record do you not understand. The last 5 years have been the hottest 5 years since they've had worldwide readings. Does this say that the earth wasn't hotter or colder 2000 tears ago? No - and it doesn't claim to.
try running it again with all years data sets and not just the ones your cult tells you to consider

Days

Commentator
I'd buy weather weather anomalies if it was just a year or two or three. But I will trust the opinions of the 95% or so of real climate scientists that think that man made climate change is happening. The idea that somehow ALL of these highly educated scientists would slant their research isn't incomprehensible but you'd have to have some reason to do this. Who is paying them? Al Gore? How could he possibly influence them? Buy them all off? I don't think so.

And look at the climate scientists that think that there ain't nothing to worry about - just a few warm years - no big thing. Who is paying them? Big oil. Whos is more likely to be slanting their research.

All those glaciers that are disappearing? Coincidence? The northwest passage open again for the first time in 3 centuries? Another coincidence? Science is an ongoing study of things. The consensus now is that man made global warming IS happening. These guys would appear to have been right about the ozone hole - it's certainly gotten smaller since we banned fluorocarbons.

As for calling conservatives stupid - they are. When you see these dolts go out in the winter on a cold day and proclaim that as evidence that there is no global warming - how dumb do you have to be. That's like going out at midnight and saying - see the sun doesn't exist because it's dark.
So you couldn't define either term or figure out that your sources are bogus and not using the correct records or giving honest data, but you are still sure your perspective of the matter is highly illuminated.

Dude, when your head is in the ground, your butt is in the air.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
So you couldn't define either term or figure out that your sources are bogus and not using the correct records or giving honest data, but you are still sure your perspective of the matter is highly illuminated.

Dude, when your head is in the ground, your butt is in the air.
Nothing but insults. The facts are that nearly all climate scientists agree with me. You got any facts that back up your position? Why not share them with the climate scientists and show them how stupid they are.

EatTheRich

President
L
so you have no idea, yourself, eh?

look at the chart...

... that's a record. What about that record? I guess they weren't talking about that record, eh?
The sharp vertical spike at the end of the chart is over too short a time period to even show up on such a chart.