• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ekeing out by any other name is getting by. Read this. It's about the topic.

Gramps

Mayor
I have been retired for close to twenty years. When I did retire I got SS and a company pension. Three years later the company pension went awol. The company was broke and the insurance carrier who covered their retirement program was owned (I discovered) by the company I worked for. So, spare me all the stories about this cannot happen because it does, more so back then than now, but it's a fact of life. So I did what ay red-blooded Ameerican would do, I took a P/T job to take up the slack. And I worked P/T until I was 82 years old. Then I decided, "screw it". I am too old to work. I am tired of working. and I need some rest.

That was about three years ago. My birde and I survive on SS. WE don't live in a mansion but we have a comfortable nest to stay dry and warm in. We eat regularly, manage to pay our medical co-pays and provide the necessities of life. No. We don't travel or vacation. We get by. The way things stand today when we leave this world we'll break even and that's how we came in. But I want to tell people that it is possible to get by on SS. . It's not a ball of fun but it was never intended to be that. Do we have any savings? No, that was gone long ago. We have each other and probably wouldn't have if not for medicare that treated our ills from time to time.

I think it is high time that people rejoice over what they have. I get weary of the naysayers always bitching about what they don't have. And I believe that some way or another the future retirees will be taken care of because I recall those naysayers from my day and age who complained "when I get old there'll be nothing left to take care of me" and I have buried most of them after they drew SS for years on end.

Our problem is lack of confidence in ourselves. We need to work on that.

Gramps

MaryAnne

Governor
Millions of others are doing the same thing,Gramps,
For those who spout about Social Security being a drain,it would not be in trouble if the Congress would keep their hands out of the till.

As I said in Arkady's post,many do not even think about the fact that the tax breaks Congress is talking about is coming out of the SS system.

Just like those who raided pension funds,they are doing the same thing to SS right now. Give you a tax break by taking away your retirement incomes. That is the real Ponzi scheme.