• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Elderly Parents

MaryAnne

Governor
now it's "old farts" , "stale farts" or "hot farts"?
Eeek.:eek:

Quite a farty thread this is. :) [disclaimer: this is not a fart smile]

Well ,they started it, Jen! Not me!:p I never saw a fart smile! Of course I never stayed around long enough to look!

Senile,or not, I can still move when I have to!

Jen

Senator
Well ,they started it, Jen! Not me!:p I never saw a fart smile! Of course I never stayed around long enough to look!

Senile,or not, I can still move when I have to!
I know men......... and I had to get that said [about the smile] ahead of them just in case they went that direction..

What a funny thread. You and Red Cloud and El Gringo have proven yourselves some of the funniest people here.

MaryAnne

Governor
I'm not invited to "other boards". But you three [you, El Gringo, and Red Cloud] are very funny so I'm sure it's good stuff.

We have a lot of help with old posters and new.
I'm not invited to "other boards". But you three [you, El Gringo, and Red Cloud] are very funny so I'm sure it's good stuff.
Yeah,you are ,most of your old friends are there.

Jen

Senator
We have a lot of help with old posters and new.

Yeah,you are ,most of your old friends are there.
Oh. That board. I keep forgetting about it. They wouldn't want me there tho. So I'll just stay here. There's only so much time a person can waste. ;)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The question of the day is.........How in the hell do you get the car keys away from a cantankerous old codger who refuses to admit that he is incapable of driving?

It's a toughie I have even sat him down with a nurse practicioner who laid it out for him what he is capable and not capable of doing.
This isn't just a personal evaluation but was based on the results of testing.

And it just ticks him off
I'm glad you posted that. My mom stopped driving long ago. Don't really know why because her health is real good and she's only 75 and she still lives in the 4 bedroom house I was raised in. My dad will be 77 soon and is starting to have some health issues. I think I'm a good ways away from having to make the kinds of decisions you're having to make. I have friends and clients though that are already there as you are. Sad to say that this thread is the best one all week in PJ. This site has become an armpit. General Discussions is ok. The political pages have gone to crap.

Jen

Senator
I'm glad you posted that. My mom stopped driving long ago. Don't really know why because her health is real good and she's only 75 and she still lives in the 4 bedroom house I was raised in. My dad will be 77 soon and is starting to have some health issues. I think I'm a good ways away from having to make the kinds of decisions you're having to make. I have friends and clients though that are already there as you are. Sad to say that this thread is the best one all week in PJ. This site has become an armpit. General Discussions is ok. The political pages have gone to crap.
My Dad drove until he was 90 years old. Of course, he lived in a small town where most of the drivers were over 80 anyway. But when his health failed, it was just about the time we would have been taking his keys away. He never had any sort of accident ( not even bumping inanimate objects) but it's best to get the keys before that happens.

And BD........... I know you ignore people and I can say that when things get bad, that helps this site look better. I only have 3 on ignore at the moment but I'm not afraid to use that feature.

Thanks but thread has evolved into something kind of smelly after a couple of days.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
My parents took the keys from my grandfather back in the day--but first he had to be reminded about taking the team and horses away from his father (my great-grandfather).