• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Elizabeth Warren walks in front of the White House

She isn't afraid. I'll bet you that there isn't a single national Republican official that has the guts to do the same. Not one. Warren doesn't need an army of security to mingle with the people.

Let's see Bunker Bitch try that.
Trump has recently expressed (lied about?) his admiration for Richard Nixon.
Maybe he should have considered this Nixon Moment before he ordered the park cleared of peaceful protesters?

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/05/17/richard-nixon-kent-state-protests-white-house-lincoln-memorial/

"It was one of the unlikeliest spectacles in Washington history: the President of the United States paying a late-night visit to thousands of radical protesters camped out at the Lincoln Memorial. Here’s how it happened."

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Trump has recently expressed (lied about?) his admiration for Richard Nixon.
Maybe he should have considered this Nixon Moment before he ordered the park cleared of peaceful protesters?

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/05/17/richard-nixon-kent-state-protests-white-house-lincoln-memorial/

"It was one of the unlikeliest spectacles in Washington history: the President of the United States paying a late-night visit to thousands of radical protesters camped out at the Lincoln Memorial. Here’s how it happened."
That's absolutely correct. IIRC Nixon just left the White House without telling anyone and actually migled with teh protestors at the Lincoln Memorial. Now granted that was when many of his inner cirlce thought that he was suicidal but still.... Trump certainly doesn't have the balls to do this.

Good post.

Colorforms

Senator
"Her people" are the people of the great state of Massachusetts. By contrast, Donald's people are all citizens of the US. He forgets that all the time. Seems you're following suit.
You're hilarious. Or at least I hope you are.

Leftists have been rallying in front of the WH for days. That is why the SS had to move the president to a bunker. Warren can walk among her leftist ilk without being attacked. I doubt they would allow Trump to do the same. As we have seen the past few days, impulse control on the left is lacking.

BobbyT

Governor
You're hilarious. Or at least I hope you are.

Leftists have been rallying in front of the WH for days. That is why the SS had to move the president to a bunker. Warren can walk among her leftist ilk without being attacked. I doubt they would allow Trump to do the same. As we have seen the past few days, impulse control on the left is lacking.
Doesn't alter the fact that "her people" are the people from the great state of Massachusetts. Donald's are all the citizens of the country. Sure he's terrified to actually be among us and cowered under a table in a bunker, but that doesn't alter the fact that he is the supposed president of all of us, even the ones who didn't vote for him or who did vote for him but live in cities or states with a majority that didn't vote for him.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Did Poke-A-Haunt-Us bring her Tee-Pee and don't you know she had daydreams of night things in the Oval office if that ol' white man hadn't beat her in primaries.

I can't remember LBJ or Slick Willy walking with Protesters in 67/92, hummm.

Colorforms

Senator
Doesn't alter the fact that "her people" are the people from the great state of Massachusetts. Donald's are all the citizens of the country. Sure he's terrified to actually be among us and cowered under a table in a bunker, but that doesn't alter the fact that he is the supposed president of all of us, even the ones who didn't vote for him or who did vote for him but live in cities or states with a majority that didn't vote for him.
I think anyone would be reticent to walk among violent extremists. Just because Trump is their president doesn't mean they aren't violent A-holes.

BobbyT

Governor
I think anyone would be reticent to walk among violent extremists. Just because Trump is their president doesn't mean they aren't violent A-holes.
Violent extremists? Is that what you see in the photo of the Warrens walking their dog? LOL, get your eyes checked.

My point is that Donald doesn't act like he's president of all of us. Whether he chooses to be among us or he stays in the white house, he always acts like he's president only of those who like him That's not how leadership works in the real world, as any true leader knows (hell, as any parent knows). You do the job of leadership that you took on because you took it on, not so people will like you or only for the people who like you But we all know that Donald is not a true leader.

Colorforms

Senator
Violent extremists? Is that what you see in the photo of the Warrens walking their dog? LOL, get your eyes checked.

My point is that Donald doesn't act like he's president of all of us. Whether he chooses to be among us or he stays in the white house, he always acts like he's president only of those who like him That's not how leadership works in the real world, as any true leader knows (hell, as any parent knows). You do the job of leadership that you took on because you took it on, not so people will like you or only for the people who like you But we all know that Donald is not a true leader.
He is no different than Obama in that regard. I know he is the president of all the American people, but the left treats him horribly. I don't know if I would have any patience with them either, and I certainly wouldn't walk among them. They are not stable people.

BobbyT

Governor
He is no different than Obama in that regard. I know he is the president of all the American people, but the left treats him horribly. I don't know if I would have any patience with them either, and I certainly wouldn't walk among them. They are not stable people.
Awwww, is poor Donny being treated horribly? Poor widdle baby. I wonder, though, is his citizenship being consistently and constantly questioned? Did congress promise not to pass anything he submitted for his entire presidency? Did congress vow to spend its entire term making him a one-term president? Are people accusing his wife of being a man? Are people accusing his children of not being legitimate? Gosh it must be so haaaaaaaaaaard to be Donald!

Give me a break. Every president has opposition.

Colorforms

Senator
Awwww, is poor Donny being treated horribly? Poor widdle baby. I wonder, though, is his citizenship being consistently and constantly questioned? Did congress promise not to pass anything he submitted for his entire presidency? Did congress vow to spend its entire term making him a one-term president? Are people accusing his wife of being a man? Are people accusing his children of not being legitimate? Gosh it must be so haaaaaaaaaaard to be Donald!

Give me a break. Every president has opposition.
And, oddly enough, I never saw Obama comfortably walking through a Tea Party rally. Even though he would have been perfectly safe.

And, for the record, the attacks by the left have been far worse and far more destructive than anything that came from the right toward Obama.

BobbyT

Governor
He probably didn't even feel the need to "inspect"it like Bunker Bitch says he did.
I'm sure Donald was just making sure it was amply supplied with hamberders and chocolate cake. Jabba the Hut gotta Jabba, y'know?

Colorforms

Senator
"Advanced on the White House"? LOL you're as alarmist as he is.
Alarmist? Are they not at the WH? Or are you being obtuse because you have nothing else?

The SS are the people who put him in the bunker, they have protocols. You frame this as if Trump ran downstairs when he heard a commotion. I doubt very much that Trump had any say in going into that Bunker.

BobbyT

Governor
Alarmist? Are they not at the WH? Or are you being obtuse because you have nothing else?

The SS are the people who put him in the bunker, they have protocols. You frame this as if Trump ran downstairs when he heard a commotion. I doubt very much that Trump had any say in going into that Bunker.
You're probably right. But you were the one who said "And, oddly enough, I never saw Obama comfortably walking through a Tea Party rally. " as though that was meaningful. I was responding to that.

All along my point has been that Donald doesn't see himself as president of all the people of the US. That is still my point because he doesn't. You seem to think that because democrats are "mean" to him that he is justified in not believing he's president of all the people in the US. However, doesn't work that way and his hurt widdle feewings don't change that. A leader is the leader of all for whom he is (at least on paper) responsible, not just the ones who like him.

Colorforms

Senator
You're probably right. But you were the one who said "And, oddly enough, I never saw Obama comfortably walking through a Tea Party rally. " as though that was meaningful. I was responding to that.

All along my point has been that Donald doesn't see himself as president of all the people of the US. That is still my point because he doesn't. You seem to think that because democrats are "mean" to him that he is justified in not believing he's president of all the people in the US. However, doesn't work that way and his hurt widdle feewings don't change that. A leader is the leader of all for whom he is (at least on paper) responsible, not just the ones who like him.
Still don't know where you are coming up with the president "doesn't see himself as president of all the people in the U.S." when it is the left that targets their policies on special interest groups and specific "friendly" organizations. It's like the left cares only about minorities.

When Trump got the economy working, it was working for everyone. The employment rate was good for everyone, bringing back manufacturing was good for everyone. The left hates him with a passion, which only shows that they don't care about Americans or America. If they don't get their way, we get riots and coups.