• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Elvis, Johhny Cash and John Lennon were all drug addicts

BRU

Mayor
Bittersweet memories that is all she has given to some.

This is the loss most feel all tangled with our personal thoughts of a great singer whose con tribution became a part of our own memories. I think most hoped that she could beat the tigers and grab the innocent, raw talent she possessed. She was celebrated in death because she rose to that level in spite of real life setbacks that many of the greats have had who left too soon:

[video=youtube;8QaI-M9sxW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QaI-M9sxW4&feature=fvst[/video]
Me too, when you spend most of your life listening to someone like Whitney- its a voice you will never forget. I'll miss her. I miss Michael too. Sucks

Minotaur

Governor
Me too, when you spend most of your life listening to someone like Whitney- its a voice you will never forget. I'll miss her. I miss Michael too. Sucks
I guess we are both mush buckets Bru. It is funny how all our own memories are so interlocked with the great entertainers and singers. Music has a way of becoming a part of our own life memories like hearing a song and remembering a fun or personal time.

Pretty sad about how it all turned out.

Bo-4

Senator
Another star for you (as if you needed it ;-). Indeed, the tribute yesterday was fitting. The "crack addict" comments we see today aren't. But they fit the posters of such to a tea.

BRU

Mayor
I guess we are both mush buckets Bru. It is funny how all our own memories are so interlocked with the great entertainers and singers. Music has a way of becoming a part of our own life memories like hearing a song and remembering a fun or personal time.

Pretty sad about how it all turned out.
So true.

Dino

Russian Asset
Bullcrap.

You can't possibly tell me that coke addicts consider crack users to be on the same social level. Not possible.

Even if the law "catches up" to this perception and charges them equivalently it won't change the social stature classification of each.

Dino

Russian Asset
You've totally changed the argument. Now you're comparing numbers of crimes compared while abusing different drugs. That's not at all what I was debating you on.
Of course far more people are out making tropuble in public and committing assaults and fighting while drunk. What we discussed was not a side by side comparison. You tried to make it sound like all crack users are not-violetn and non-confrontational. That is a bogus argument, as I pointed out.

BRU

Mayor
Bullcrap.

You can't possibly tell me that coke addicts consider crack users to be on the same social level. Not possible.

Even if the law "catches up" to this perception and charges them equivalently it won't change the social stature classification of each.
That might also explain why the law treats crack offenses more severely than powder .

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
That might also explain why the law treats crack offenses more severely than powder .
the sentencing disparity has been modified a great deal (from 100:1 to 18:1).......thanks to Dems and Pres Obama, but unfortunately, it wasn't retroactive.

Spamature

President
but it's also true that

Cocaine was the driving force behind the majority of drug-related violence throughout the 1980s and into the early 1990s. It was the main target of the federal War on Drugs and was the highest profit drug trade overall. In 1988, the American cocaine market was valued at almost $140 billion dollars, over 2 percent of U.S. GDP. The violence that surrounded its distribution and sale pushed the murder rate to its highest point in America's history (between 8-10 per 100,000 residents from 1981-1991), turned economically impoverished cities like Baltimore, Detroit, Trenton and Gary, Indiana, into international murder capitals, and made America the most violent industrialized nation in the world.

It's believed that the drop in violent crime was due to the price of coke decreasing drastically. http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-economy/2011/11/cocaine-plummeting-price-nationwide-drop-violent-crime/474/
Yeah drug dealing is a violent profession and desperate crack addicts will resort to violence to obtain the drug who is denying that. I am saying that alcohol makes even normally meek and mild people belligerent.

Spamature

President
How are we supposed to be held accountable for your faulty memory? You are quite clearly intent on believing in and finding racism.

If you weren't, you would acknowledge that Johnny Cash had beaten his demons for years and had made a complete and clean comeback. Oh and by the way, Johnny Cash didn't die practicing his habit. Kind of an important difference, don't you think? Whitney Houston? Died practicing her habit, in rehab within the last 12 months.

Your comparison is dishonest, false and has virtually no equality to it.
Once a drug addict always a drug addict you know that much I hope stan. And again I guess you and Barb handled this case as a team. Did you do the autopsy and her the toxicology or was it the other way around. Because as far as I know they haven't released any reports. Lastly if you think my memory is so bad then why don't you refresh it with a litany of complaints about honoring Lennon or Cash or Presley after their deaths even before they were put into the ground.

Spamature

President
Hmmm I dunno...maybe a different sex partner every week, sleeping in your own vomit, twenty two abortions in a short period of time, meeting people on the street that you had sex with and having no idea who they are, having a enough money to afford good treatment and still clinging to the mud and the dregs.d I mean there are some forms of measurement for this believe it or not.
Actually that's a little bit on the sexist side. A guy can't have abortions and he might even be admired if his conquest were so numerous he had trouble keeping up with their names. But the other parts of the behavior could be associated with a multitude of drug addictions.

Spamature

President
You've totally changed the argument. Now you're comparing numbers of crimes compared while abusing different drugs. That's not at all what I was debating you on.
Of course far more people are out making tropuble in public and committing assaults and fighting while drunk. What we discussed was not a side by side comparison. You tried to make it sound like all crack users are not-violetn and non-confrontational. That is a bogus argument, as I pointed out.
Well the actual subject was the treatment of Huston after her death. You said she that you thought that deserve she it because type of addiction she had and then tried to justify it by saying that people on crack are more violent than people who are addicted to other substances. All I am saying is that that is not true. In fact it depends on the individual and not the drug. So maybe we can skip this nonsense and you can tell me why she is deserving of this treatment while other famous drug addicts are not without using the drugs in question as an excuse.

Dino

Russian Asset
I said nothing or implied nothing about Whitney involving violence. I said she was a drug addict and was doing a low-class drug that people look down on. Her "treatment" is quite merited in the total lack of self-concern for her health or image.

Spamature

President
I said nothing or implied nothing about Whitney involving violence. I said she was a drug addict and was doing a low-class drug that people look down on. Her "treatment" is quite merited in the total lack of self-concern for her health or image.
Wait are you saying that drug addicts are concerned with their health and image ? Elvis anyone ? Like I said he was not ferociously attacked before his body had even left the morgue like Huston.

Spamature

President
I was focusing on the treatment of Huston Dino decided to justify it with the crack excuse. And the term drugs is a very wide category. They could have been under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs. There is as good or even better chance as that those were involved in Huston's death as anything else he's talking about. Something prescribed to her by a doctor. And if that is low class them we have millions upon millions of drug users and doctor created addicts that are "low class " and deserving of ridicule upon their deaths.

Dino

Russian Asset
That's because the media was likely covering up for Elvis. We didn't have TMZ, gossip magazines, television shows and papperazi prying into everyone's social lives. Things are different now. Now we can see train wrecks like Anna Nicole, Amy Winehouse, and Whitney Houston coming from a mile away.

No racism there. All train wrecks, all played with fire, got burned, and received rebuke from the public for their lifestyle.

So give it up.

Spamature

President
That's because the media was likely covering up for Elvis. We didn't have TMZ, gossip magazines, television shows and papperazi prying into everyone's social lives. Things are different now. Now we can see train wrecks like Anna Nicole, Amy Winehouse, and Whitney Houston coming from a mile away.

No racism there. All train wrecks, all played with fire, got burned, and received rebuke from the public for their lifestyle.

So give it up.
Gossip Magazine and media have been prying into the lives of celebrities for as long before Huston or Elvis or Lennon or Cash..etc. And again I have not used race in this discussion. Now maybe its that the media and the public detractors devouring it are more "low class" that the particular drug of choice of any given celebrity. That would be a more deserving explanation. But some how you never got around to saying that.

Dino

Russian Asset
That's kinda unreasonable to presume that.

I went with fact, history, and logic. You didn't seem to appreciate those so I guess you're free to make up some random explanation of your own.

The public showed scorn of Winehouse's lifestyle, the private life train wreck, air-headed Anna Nicole, and now are being judgemental of Houston, and based on her addiction, it's not unwarranted.

Feel free to disagree, but what I've said is as right as the sky is blue.

Spamature

President
That's kinda unreasonable to presume that.

I went with fact, history, and logic. You didn't seem to appreciate those so I guess you're free to make up some random explanation of your own.

The public showed scorn of Winehouse's lifestyle, the private life train wreck, air-headed Anna Nicole, and now are being judgemental of Houston, and based on her addiction, it's not unwarranted.

Feel free to disagree, but what I've said is as right as the sky is blue.
No you went with your OPINION that her drug addiction was low class while Lennon one time heroin addict Cash an amphetamine barbiturate and Elvis's mountain of pills addiction were high class and therefore didn't deserve the same treatment.

Which is funny since you all but admit that the media "covered up" or you could say "didn't concentrate" on that part of their lives. Because that might seem and unseemly thing to do right after a person's death. And maybe the public would have been turned off to them doing so right after a person died.

Which pretty much says both had a bit more class then than they do now.

Now you kept saying that it has something to do with race. I'm now telling you it has more to do with low class than race. But it aint the low class of Huston's drug of choice.