• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Evangelical Southern Baptists - wife should submit to husband

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
sensible don was abandoned by his libs :)

wonder if his wife can leave home without a mail family member

C

Capitalist

Like many anti-Christians, you take something out of context and then attempt to twist it to fit your own sick narrative.

Submit - in relation to the overall teachings and perspective for most Christians does not mean BDSM style submission and control that you lefties generally get aroused at considering or get off on bashing. They leave the perverts with whips and Doms to lefty AG's.

Furthermore, there is actually NOTHING wrong with people wanting to make June Cleaver the standard for motherhood. There is nothing wrong with women - teaching other women about the joy they can find, in motherhood, in being a wife, and focusing with the kind of intensity they focus on their careers, and putting that energy into those things.

That may not be what floats everyone's boats, but neither is being a career woman. I have several good friends who are stay at home moms' and have been for almost 20 years now and will likely never go back to work because as they are finishing raising their youngest kids, their oldest kids will be having babies,and they want to be involved in that, and or their own parents have aged and need additional help. Choosing to submit yourself to the good of the family and let your husband be the official executive of the family is not necessarily a negative. They are happy, their kids are happy, and they have nice fulfilling lives. Indeed the most unhappy women I personally know are those who juggle a career ( don't mean a mere job, I mean an actual career).

Besides, as the saying from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, goes, the father may be the head of the family, but the mother is the neck, and she can turn that head anyway she wants to. Any woman married to a decent man who loves her, has long figured out how to get her way.. most often by convincing him that it was his idea to do what she wanted.
Thank you.

Is it really such a terrible thing to let the man wear the pants without a fight?

Men have testosterone for a reason. Women have curves for a reason. Is it such a crime to let them be like that?

Why must women sprout dicks and prove that they're every bit as good a man as a man? Have they forgotten where the real power is? They must have because they’ve abandoned it. Why do they insist men put their dicks away and pretend to have a pussy? Anybody want to hazard a guess as to what Natural Law has to say about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Its a shame they have such short life spans, too. Such is the way with big dogs, but its sad.

Our Golden will be 13 in a few months. That is getting old for that kind of dog. We are lucky to still have her and she is still plenty active and spry. I hope we have her for long while. She has been such an unbelievable family pet.
We had a Flat Coat Retriever ( they look like Newfoundlands). He was a big black ball of fur, looked like a bear). We named him Noah. He was a beautiful, wonderful dog but as dumb as a Democrat. We got him when he was a puppy and he lived 14 years. He lost the use of his back legs and eventually died. It broke my heart. The picture is Noah, on the left, and Caleb, his son, on the right.Noah & caleb.jpg

C

Capitalist

Yeah well, I have to walk her dog for her, because she doesn't seem to understand that dogs need exercise and attention or they go nuts. Why is this a sacrifice on my part, you ask? Because it's a Pomeranian....

You got any idea how [Unwelcome language removed] silly I feel walking this little furry retard every day?:rolleyes::cool:
Heh!

I remember the picture you posted of yourself--big dude, buzz cut, enjoying a smoke and a drink in New Orleans. And the mental image of that guy walking that dog. . !

Next time I'm in Houston I'll have to pay more attention to people walking dogs. I might stop and say hi.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Capitalist

We have a couple of Irish Wolfhounds and every so often I let one of them take me for a walk. The male, standing on his hind feet with his front paws on my shoulders (I have to have my back to a wall to stay upright) is a head, or more, taller than I am. It is all I can do to hold him back, when walking him, and am sure that, if I ever trip and fall, I will probably be dragged until someone either shoots the dog, or me.
We were thinking about getting one. We just moved to a nice big 40 acre property and have chickens, ducks, and geese in a chicken run. They don't roam all over the place but they have lots of room to run and squawk. As long as it stays out of the chicken run, a big dog like that could help keep away the coyotes and other predators.

We settled on a pair of Norwegian Elkhound puppies. Great dogs all around (good with kids, not bitey, not yappy, yet noisy when something unusual shows up) and very cold hearty. Good for Colorado.

connieb

Senator
Thank you.

Is it really such a terrible thing to let the man wear the pants without a fight?

Men have testosterone for a reason. Women have curves for a reason. Is it such a crime to let them be like that?

Why must women sprout dicks and prove that they're every bit as good a man as a man? Have they forgotten where the real power is? They must have because they’ve abandoned it. Why do they insist men put their dicks away and pretend to have a pussy? Anybody want to hazard a guess as to what Natural Law has to say about that?
I think that the left's desire to social engineer things discounts that at our core, we are animals. And like other animals, we have evolved with certain traits. Women have evolved to carry more fat and build muscle slower - why? Because they needed both the insulation and the way to retain fluid to feed and grow their offspring. Does that make them generally physically weaker than a man.. yes.. but that isn't bad. My husband can bench press over 250 lbs... but he can't grow a baby in his uterus. Its not that one is "better" than the other, its that both are important, necessary and have their individual places. Sometimes you need a guy who can bench 250.. and sometimes you need a woman who can grow a baby....

Like the male and female of any species, there are innate traits that are exhibited that come from that evolution and while they may vary in intensity and consistency from one animal to the next, there is enough commonality among individuals to identify the trait.

And I think like most species of animals, the environment we thrive best in is the one that most closely suits our natural tendencies and habits. I don't know why its a "bad" thing to recognize that, nurture it and support it.

I think that the left's desire to social engineer things discounts that at our core, we are animals. And like other animals, we have evolved with certain traits. Women have evolved to carry more fat and build muscle slower - why? Because they needed both the insulation and the way to retain fluid to feed and grow their offspring. Does that make them generally physically weaker than a man.. yes.. but that isn't bad. My husband can bench press over 250 lbs... but he can't grow a baby in his uterus. Its not that one is "better" than the other, its that both are important, necessary and have their individual places. Sometimes you need a guy who can bench 250.. and sometimes you need a woman who can grow a baby....

Like the male and female of any species, there are innate traits that are exhibited that come from that evolution and while they may vary in intensity and consistency from one animal to the next, there is enough commonality among individuals to identify the trait.

And I think like most species of animals, the environment we thrive best in is the one that most closely suits our natural tendencies and habits. I don't know why its a "bad" thing to recognize that, nurture it and support it.
Totally agree. The left denies, perverts, or subverts everything that is good, natural, and healthy about the human species. The goodness offends them.

Dino

Russian Asset
So I was mistaken, and the thread is in fact about Muslims, hmm?
That’s not perspective. You’re displaying willful ignorance and a fascination for the completely irrelevant. You’re enabling a shabby poster in a senseless silly thread.

That’s not perspective. You’re displaying willful ignorance and a fascination for the completely irrelevant. You’re enabling a shabby poster in a senseless silly thread.
You sir derailed the thread with your intentional comment on Muslims. If you think it’s a silly thread then get the hell out of it.

freyasman

Senator
Heh!

I remember the picture you posted of yourself--big dude, buzz cut, enjoying a smoke and a drink in New Orleans. And the mental image of that guy walking that dog. . !

Next time I'm in Houston I'll have to pay more attention to people walking dogs. I might stop and say hi.
I love dogs, even that little fucker, and I have to admit, he's pretty useful as a watchdog because he will do his yappy thing when anyone comes around, but when the wife asked me if she could get a dog during one of my deployments to keep her company, I was expecting a full-size dog, not some little sub-compact model.
Oh well, it could have been worse.... a lot of the wives got boyfriends to keep them company while we were gone, so I guess I won't complain too much about this little yappy guy.

I just hope he doesn't piss off my Boerboel bitch when I get her soon; gonna hate to have to explain to the wife that my dog ate her dog.:cool:

connieb

Senator
I love dogs, even that little fucker, and I have to admit, he's pretty useful as a watchdog because he will do his yappy thing when anyone comes around, but when the wife asked me if she could get a dog during one of my deployments to keep her company, I was expecting a full-size dog, not some little sub-compact model.
Oh well, it could have been worse.... a lot of the wives got boyfriends to keep them company while we were gone, so I guess I won't complain too much about this little yappy guy.

I just hope he doesn't piss off my Boerboel bitch when I get her soon; gonna hate to have to explain to the wife that my dog ate her dog.:cool:
My friends had an english Mastiff and a Toy poodle and that poodle ran the roost. The poodle was there first and established on he was the alpha. And that Mastiff never really learned to appreciate his size. That poodle would yap at him, push him out of the way to steal his food, etc. So, it will be funny to see their dynamic.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
We were thinking about getting one. We just moved to a nice big 40 acre property and have chickens, ducks, and geese in a chicken run. They don't roam all over the place but they have lots of room to run and squawk. As long as it stays out of the chicken run, a big dog like that could help keep away the coyotes and other predators.

We settled on a pair of Norwegian Elkhound puppies. Great dogs all around (good with kids, not bitey, not yappy, yet noisy when something unusual shows up) and very cold hearty. Good for Colorado.

What beautiful dogs. I've been a dog person all my life. We also have two Great Pyrenees. One is getting old and probably isn't going to last much longer but the other is still a big goofy pup with loads of personality. His name is Kenner and his face always looks like he's saying: "Okay, I f**ked that up, what are we going to do now?Just Kenner.jpg

redtide

Mayor
Well I see why they like Trump.......this and all the sexual misconduct amoungst it's leader's

Southern Baptists Declare Wife Should 'Submit' to Her Husband

By GUSTAV NIEBUHRJUNE 10, 1998

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page
  • Continue reading the main story

ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

Paige Patterson, a seminary president from North Carolina who was elected today as the Southern Baptists' president, said the amendment was a response to ''a time of growing crisis in the family.''

R. Albert Mohler Jr. president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., said the amendment was based on a Southern Baptist belief in the literal interpretation of Scripture. The submission of wives to their husbands, Mr. Mohler said, is ''not a modern idea'' but ''is clearly revealed in Scripture.''

Speaking of the amendment, he said ''the secular world may hear it as strange, but it is, we believe, God's pattern.''

Because the Southern Baptist Convention is a creedless organization, no Baptist is required to agree with the Faith and Message statement or the current amendment. But the statement is nonetheless important on two grounds. It stands as a central theological proclamation for the denomination, and Southern Baptist employees, seminary professors and often ministers are expected to agree with it.

One who criticized the amendment was Robert Parham, executive director of the independent Baptist Center for Ethics in Nashville, Tenn.

''They hope to make June Cleaver the biblical model for motherhood, despite numerous biblical references to women who worked outside the home,'' said Mr. Parham, who did not attend the convention.

Recent Baptist conventions have passed resolutions that express a sense of the denomination on social issues like opposition to abortion, but have said relatively little about the family.

The Faith and Message statement is a broad theological statement mainly dealing with God and church and until now has included little in the way of social stands. Until today, the message statement had been amended only once, in 1963, when a section on higher education was added.

Amending the statement represents a triumph for the denomination's conservative leadership, which came to power in 1979 and has gradually shifted Southern Baptist agencies and seminaries to the right. Theological moderates have remained within the denomination, but many have started their own seminaries and other institutions, and they have also largely quit coming to the annual conventions.

Today's vote helps reinforce the image of Southern Baptists as staking out some of the most conservative positions among evangelical Protestants, a growing group who account for about a quarter of the American population, according to recent polls. A year ago, Southern Baptists called for a boycott of the Company, saying that the entertainment giant condoned homosexuality. In 1996, the annual convention voted to appoint a missionary specifically to evangelize Jews, a move that provoked outrage among Jewish groups.
so, you people do not have an issue with climatists getting elected in office and imposing their will upon US. IF you want to allow one religion to be imposed you have to allow all

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
so, you people do not have an issue with climatists getting elected in office and imposing their will upon US. IF you want to allow one religion to be imposed you have to allow all
They're okay with Muslims cutting off their wives heads for putting too much salt in the goat's-eye soup, and mutilating their daughter's hoo-ha. But a Baptist man being the scriptural head of his family and not believing in pervert marriage...ohhhhhf**k,nooooooooooooo, can't have that shit.

C

Capitalist

What beautiful dogs. I've been a dog person all my life. We also have two Great Pyrenees. One is getting old and probably isn't going to last much longer but the other is still a big goofy pup with loads of personality. His name is Kenner and his face always looks like he's saying: "Okay, I f**ked that up, what are we going to do now?View attachment 39413
Thanks. Those are internet stock photos but they're close enough. I'll see if I can upload some real pics.

We all agreed on getting one dog for each of us. Those two are for my wife and daughter. I'm holding out for a basset hound.

C

Capitalist

Yeah.

Our last dog was a mini-dachshund. Wiener dog. Cute dog but he was really the weeniest of dogs.