• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Evangelical Southern Baptists - wife should submit to husband

BobbyT

Governor
Well said, Connie. My wife and I opted for traditional roles very early in our marriage, and it was the best decision we ever made. She has thanked me many, many, many times for the opportunity she had to stay home to raise and school our daughters, and keep our home. And I've thanked her many, many, many times for the opportunity I had to provide for our family while she focused on being the best wife and mother.

Now that our girls are older, my wife has gone back to her career and the dynamic is different. But we are eternally grateful for the years we spent as a traditional family, and we're all better off for it.
Why would you confuse a husband and wife mutually deciding that one would stay home and the other would earn money with submission? Good marriages work when the needs of both partners are equally considered; compromise has to happen but both partners compromise in a way that each believes benefits the other while still keeping their own needs in mind; sounds like you have one of those, congratulations.

It's not being submissive if your wife and you both believe it's important that one parent stay home while the kids are young, and your wife wants to be that parent. It's submissiveness when your wife doesn't get a voice in the decision.

EatTheRich

President
Thank you.

Is it really such a terrible thing to let the man wear the pants without a fight?

Men have testosterone for a reason. Women have curves for a reason. Is it such a crime to let them be like that?

Why must women sprout dicks and prove that they're every bit as good a man as a man? Have they forgotten where the real power is? They must have because they’ve abandoned it. Why do they insist men put their dicks away and pretend to have a pussy? Anybody want to hazard a guess as to what Natural Law has to say about that?
:rolleyes:

Yeah, because you can control someone with sex as easily as you can by controlling whether they can eat or not ... especially after you've taken away all their power to say no.

EatTheRich

President
I think that the left's desire to social engineer things discounts that at our core, we are animals. And like other animals, we have evolved with certain traits. Women have evolved to carry more fat and build muscle slower - why? Because they needed both the insulation and the way to retain fluid to feed and grow their offspring. Does that make them generally physically weaker than a man.. yes.. but that isn't bad. My husband can bench press over 250 lbs... but he can't grow a baby in his uterus. Its not that one is "better" than the other, its that both are important, necessary and have their individual places. Sometimes you need a guy who can bench 250.. and sometimes you need a woman who can grow a baby....

Like the male and female of any species, there are innate traits that are exhibited that come from that evolution and while they may vary in intensity and consistency from one animal to the next, there is enough commonality among individuals to identify the trait.

And I think like most species of animals, the environment we thrive best in is the one that most closely suits our natural tendencies and habits. I don't know why its a "bad" thing to recognize that, nurture it and support it.
What does that have to do with enforcing the social dominance of men over their wives?

C

Capitalist

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because you can control someone with sex as easily as you can by controlling whether they can eat or not ... especially after you've taken away all their power to say no.
WTF are you babbling about, communist?

EatTheRich

President
WTF are you babbling about, communist?
A materialist analysis of inequality that refutes the simplistic nonsense that women have the real power because it's between their legs ... it's not exactly babbling when the argument is perfectly coherent and you can't refute it.

Jen

Senator
Well I see why they like Trump.......this and all the sexual misconduct amoungst it's leader's

Southern Baptists Declare Wife Should 'Submit' to Her Husband

By GUSTAV NIEBUHRJUNE 10, 1998

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page
  • Continue reading the main story

ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

Paige Patterson, a seminary president from North Carolina who was elected today as the Southern Baptists' president, said the amendment was a response to ''a time of growing crisis in the family.''

R. Albert Mohler Jr. president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., said the amendment was based on a Southern Baptist belief in the literal interpretation of Scripture. The submission of wives to their husbands, Mr. Mohler said, is ''not a modern idea'' but ''is clearly revealed in Scripture.''

Speaking of the amendment, he said ''the secular world may hear it as strange, but it is, we believe, God's pattern.''

Because the Southern Baptist Convention is a creedless organization, no Baptist is required to agree with the Faith and Message statement or the current amendment. But the statement is nonetheless important on two grounds. It stands as a central theological proclamation for the denomination, and Southern Baptist employees, seminary professors and often ministers are expected to agree with it.

One who criticized the amendment was Robert Parham, executive director of the independent Baptist Center for Ethics in Nashville, Tenn.

''They hope to make June Cleaver the biblical model for motherhood, despite numerous biblical references to women who worked outside the home,'' said Mr. Parham, who did not attend the convention.

Recent Baptist conventions have passed resolutions that express a sense of the denomination on social issues like opposition to abortion, but have said relatively little about the family.

The Faith and Message statement is a broad theological statement mainly dealing with God and church and until now has included little in the way of social stands. Until today, the message statement had been amended only once, in 1963, when a section on higher education was added.

Amending the statement represents a triumph for the denomination's conservative leadership, which came to power in 1979 and has gradually shifted Southern Baptist agencies and seminaries to the right. Theological moderates have remained within the denomination, but many have started their own seminaries and other institutions, and they have also largely quit coming to the annual conventions.

Today's vote helps reinforce the image of Southern Baptists as staking out some of the most conservative positions among evangelical Protestants, a growing group who account for about a quarter of the American population, according to recent polls. A year ago, Southern Baptists called for a boycott of the Company, saying that the entertainment giant condoned homosexuality. In 1996, the annual convention voted to appoint a missionary specifically to evangelize Jews, a move that provoked outrage among Jewish groups.
You shouldn't post about things of which you have absolutely no understanding.

Jen

Senator
I don't want complete submission, I just want a good meal, an occasional backrub, and the remote..... that's not unreasonable, IMO.
Submission, to me, means that husband and wife talk over important decisions and then she trusts him to make the right decision with his family's well-being foremost in the making of that decision. And then, whatever the decision is.........she supports him in it and doesn't ever EVER say "well if you had done it my way we'd be better off" because sometimes he will do it her way and he should never say that to her.

I trust my husband enough to submit to him always........ and he always asks for my input and then, we as a team make the decision and call it "our" decision. After 33+ years we are really good at that team work.

Plus. I cook him good meals every night (we rarely eat out) and I give him foot rubs and back rubs and I get them too.

freyasman

Senator
A materialist analysis of inequality that refutes the simplistic nonsense that women have the real power because it's between their legs ... it's not exactly babbling when the argument is perfectly coherent and you can't refute it.
I don't think you're all that familiar with how a traditional male/female sexual dynamic works guy. I'm not being judgmental, I'm just saying that if most all of your relationships are of an "alternative lifestyle" nature, then you probably don't have a good grasp of how the traditional dynamic functions in the wild.

EatTheRich

President
I don't think you're all that familiar with how a traditional male/female sexual dynamic works guy. I'm not being judgmental, I'm just saying that if most all of your relationships are of an "alternative lifestyle" nature, then you probably don't have a good grasp of how the traditional dynamic functions in the wild.
No, I'm quite aware of how a traditional male-dominant/female-submissive relationship works.

freyasman

Senator
No, I'm quite aware of how a traditional male-dominant/female-submissive relationship works.
Doesn't seem like it. But to be fair, you don't seem to have much practical understanding of how anything works.... seriously, talking to you is like talking cars with someone who has watched them go by all his life, but has never actually been behind the wheel. You think you know what's going on and how things work, but you really don't have any clue.

C

Capitalist

Women have A power over men. The smart ones know how to use it. The feminists don't.

C

Capitalist

Doesn't seem like it. But to be fair, you don't seem to have much practical understanding of how anything works.... seriously, talking to you is like talking cars with someone who has watched them go by all his life, but has never actually been behind the wheel. You think you know what's going on and how things work, but you really don't have any clue.
He's book smart when it comes to things like communism. But for practical matters like how communism is employed, the Constitution, and women he's. . .lacking.

'They hope to make June Cleaver the biblical model for motherhood, despite numerous biblical references to women who worked outside the home,'' said Mr. Parham, who did not attend the convention.
There’s one problem with the amendment as I see it, she’s at work helping to pay for the Republican tax cut. ;)