• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Famous last words!

Elvis Presley
The superstar who was known as the King famously died on the toilet at his Graceland mansion. Allegedly, his last words were “I’m going to the bathroom to read.”

T.S. Eliot
T.S. Eliot, the American-born British essayist, sweetly mumbled his wife’s name as he died: “Valerie.” The house where he died has had a blue plaque on it in his honor.

Eleanor Roosevelt
The former first lady said “Utter nonsense,” in response to a nurse who told her that she would only die when she had fulfilled everything God wanted her to.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr
The slain civil rights leader said “OK, I will” in response to a suggestion that he wear a coat for his speech in Memphis that day.

Humphrey Bogart
Hollywood film legend and husband to Lauren Bacall, Humphrey Bogart allegedly said, “Goodbye, kid. Hurry back” as she went to go pick up the kids.

John Wayne
Western star John Wayne was with his wife as he died and said to her, “Of course I know who you are. You’re my girl. I love you.”

Heath Ledger
Ledger’s final words were spoken to his sister, on the phone. She was worried he was too anxious, and he calmed her nerves by stating, “Katie, Katie, look…it’ll be fine, you know, I just need to get some sleep.” He died from mixing sleeping pills with his prescriptions.

Coco Chanel
The French fashion designer and taste-maker was certainly a woman to be reckoned with. She went out in real Chanel style, announcing: “You see, this is how you die.”

Paul Walker
The last thing the actor reportedly said was to Jim Torp, the engineer of a charity event Walker attended. Walker said, “We will be back in five minutes,” right before he got into the Porsche crash that took his life.

Winston Churchill
The British Prime Minister said, “Oh, I am so bored with it all,” perhaps referring to his illness. He then slipped into a coma and died nine days later.

Marie Antoinette
Marie Antoinette uttered some very polite words before her death on the guillotine. She said “Pardonnez-moi, monsieur,” after accidentally stepping on her executioner’s foot. Translation: “Pardon me, sir, I meant not to do it.”

Amy Winehouse
The talented yet troubled soul singer Amy Winehouse said “I don’t want to die,” over the phone about two hours prior to her death from alcohol poisoning.

Desi Arnaz
Lucille Ball’s “I Love Lucy” co-star (and real-life husband) Desi Arnaz said his last words to her: “I love you too, Honey. Good Luck with your show.”

Frida Kahlo
The fiery feminist painter had some interesting final words: “I hope the exit is joyful and hope never to come back.” Although the official cause of death was listed as ” pulmonary embolism,” some suspect that she died from a morphine overdose that may or may not have been accidental.

Bob Hope
Ever the comedian, Bob Hope responded “Surprise me” when asked by his wife where he would like to be buried. He died in Los Angeles at the ripe old age of 100.

Oscar Wilde
The eccentric Irish-born writer allegedly made a strange final statement before he died in 1900; “The wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go.”

Ryan Dunn
The crazy stuntman, famous from the MTV show “Jackass,” sent a final text to his buddy and co-worker Bam Margera, before getting into the horrific car crash that took his life. It read “Stopping for a beer, be there when I can.”

Jane Austen
Jane Austen was a famous English novelist. When her sister, Cassandra, asked Jane if she wanted anything, she responded “I want nothing, but death.”

Alfred Hitchcock
“One never knows the ending. One has to die to know exactly what happens after death, although Catholics have their hopes,” said the famous director before dying.

Jimmy Stewart
The actor was 89 when he died. His last words were “I’m going to be with Gloria now.” Gloria was his wife of 44 years, who had died three years prior.

Groucho Marx
“This is no way to live!” This was Groucho Marx’s final statement before dying in Los Angeles. His brother, Leonard, who often stared with him in comedy films also had some memorable last words. Leonard said to his wife, “Remember, Honey, don’t forget what I told you. Put in my coffin a deck of cards, a mashie niblick, and a pretty blonde.”

Bing Crosby
Crosby was advised to never play more than a 9-hole golf game by his physician. However, in 1977 he played 18 holes, and afterward said to his pals: “That was a great game of golf, fellas.” He then collapsed just 20 yards from the course’s clubhouse and died from a massive heart attack.

Steve Irwin
“Don’t worry, they usually don’t swim backwards,” said Irwin of stingrays while filming a segment for his daughters show. The “Crocodile Hunter” famously died from a freak stingray accident. Stingrays are one of the most docile bottom feeders, with only 17 deaths total worldwide.

Buddy Rich
Rich, the legendary drummer, died after surgery in 1987. As he was being prepped for the surgery, a nurse asked him, “Is there anything you can’t take?”
He replied, “Yeah, country music.”

Farrah Fawcett
Farrah Fawcett died On June 25, 2009, the same day as Michael Jackson, following a battle with cancer. Farrah insisted on filming her struggles with cancer for the documentary, “Farrah’s Story.” At one point, Farrah began vomiting, and exclaimed to her friend Alana Stewart (who was filming the documentary), “Why aren’t you filming this? This is what cancer is.”

Prince Rogers Nelson
Just five days before his shocking death, musician Prince appeared at what would be his final concert. Prophetically, he said to the crowd, “Wait a few days before you waste any prayers.” The statement was made to address a recent trip he’d made to the hospital.

“Pistol” Pete Maravich
Basketball great “Pistol” Pete Maravich, who played for the Atlanta Hawks, the Utah Jazz, and the Boston Celtics, collapsed during a pickup game. His last words: “I feel great.”

George Reeves
“I’m tired. I’m going back to bed.”
Television’s original Superman uttered these words to friends shortly before he committed suicide. The following year, he was awarded a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame on Hollywood Boulevard.

Joan Crawford
Known for her feisty spirit, Crawford went out in typical fiery fashion; she said, “Dammit! Don’t you dare ask God to help me!” as her housekeeper began to pray aloud, by her side.

Donald O’Connor
O’Connor was a singer, dancer, and actor who once hosted the Academy Awards (in 1954). On his deathbed, he quipped “I’d like to thank the Academy for my lifetime achievement award that I will eventually get.”

Benjamin Franklin
When the civic activist was on his deathbed, his daughter told him to switch to a more comfortable position to facilitate his breathing. His response was “A dying man can do nothing easy.”

Jeanne Antoinette de Pompadour
She was a member of the French court and mistress of Louis XV. When she died, she told God to “wait a second” and she quickly applied rouge to her cheeks.

Nostradamus
The seer reportedly said “Demain, au soleil levant je ne serais plus” to a friend at his bedside. This translates to “Tomorrow, at sunrise, I will be here no more.” Guess he was right about that one, too.

even though I am secular, I am always moved by the words of people, on their deathbeds, who anticipate a joyful reunion with loved ones who passed earlier.

thank you.