• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fed Move Could Force Banks to Charge Consumers for Deposits

Wulk

Mayor
Who are the banks trying to kid? They loan out $20 plus for every dollar that gets deposited with them.

What bank charges do Americans have to pay? I've heard that you get charged for writing a cheque, having a current account, withdrawing money - surely not.

Who are the banks trying to kid? They loan out $20 plus for every dollar that gets deposited with them.

What bank charges do Americans have to pay? I've heard that you get charged for writing a cheque, having a current account, withdrawing money - surely not.

And they are now considering in charging a fee everytime you make a deposit in your savings or checking acccount.

Wulk

Mayor
In the UK it costs me nothing to write a cheque, there are no charges for depositing funds, or withdrawing them. The only charges are for unauthorised overdrafts. They did try making a charge for withdrawing funds from an ATM; the British public screamed blue murder and that idea got scrapped. We are also in the process of putting a ceiling on bank bonuses and golden handshakes on leaving a top job.

You lot want to wake up, get an on-line petition going, get enough signatures and the politicians will have to take notice or risk losing votes.

Wahbooz

Governor
I hate to break it to you guys, but I have free checking. I don't buy checks, I don't pay for a monthly statement, there are no service fees.

Wahbooz

Governor
Oh sure, a lot of banks charge monthly service fees, including a monthly bank statement, Wulk. Many banks require a healthy minimum balance, in a checking account, to forego that. It's called totally free checking, and I have it on two checking accounts.

Wulk

Mayor
What if you forgo a monthly written statement and just use on-line banking, as I do, surely that is free?

Wahbooz

Governor
What if you forgo a monthly written statement and just use on-line banking, as I do, surely that is free?
That's a good question, Wulk, I have no idea. Since all my banking is free, why take a chance the security isn't bullet proof on their website. Even with JP Morgan Chase, their network security could be breached, and I'd rather no one know how much I have with them.

Last edited: