• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

federal investigation into Wall Street

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Pres Obama at the SOTU:

"I am asking my Attorney General to create a special unit of federal prosecutors and leading state attorneys general to expand our investigations into the abusive lending and packaging of risky mortgages that led to the housing crisis. This new unit will hold accountable those who broke the law, speed assistance to homeowners, and help turn the page on an era of recklessness that hurt so many Americans."

The best part is, progressive champion New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is co-chairing the investigation and will make sure it stays on track.

Just weeks ago, this investigation wasn't even on the table, and the big banks were pushing for a broad settlement that would have made it impossible. Your work changed all that. (that would be us, the 99%)

Bo-4

Senator
Yep, i'm guessing that there are rats scurrying around WS today covering their tracks. Sales of Fellowes shredders are through the roof! :D

connieb

Senator
It will be interesting to see what they find. You know, i am always amazed at what people will write in an email. Seriously - you might as well carved the thing in stone. Yet people always write the dumbest things. I would't be surprised to read stuff like.... "can't wait to rip those guys off" plain as day in an email.

According to CNBC's Rick Santilli today, the SEC knew, May last, that John Corzine's MF Global fund had a SIX BILLION Dollar exposure in European bonds. Yet when MF Global went to market to peddle subsidiary bonds to unsuspecting widows and orphans over here August last, they let MF Global say not a word about that exposure. And when that SIX BILLION dollar bond exposure went to ZERO September last, MF Global's bankruptcy was handled, not by SIPC, which would have protected the unsuspecting widows and orphans interests, the bankruptcy was supervised by SIPA (?) which cares not a whit about protecting the unsuspecting widows and orphans.
Jon Corzine (D-NJ), if you remember, was the Democrats 'Go To Guy" regarding the banking crisis when they assumed the presidency in January, 2008, according to VP Joe Biden. Also according to Joe Biden, Jon Corzine, former Democratic Senator, former Democratic Governor of New Jersey, is regarded as the 'Smartest Guy In The Room" financially in Democratic circles.
When do you predict the NYT will begin featuring articles regarding MF Global's bankruptcy? The WaPo? When will the NYT's Andrew Ross Sorkin's book detailing the events of MF Global's bankruptcy hit the bookshelves? When will HBO announce the production of a made for TV documentary based on Andrew Ross Sorkin's book about the MF Global bankruptcy?
Do I hear someone muttering something about "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear, does it make a sound?"

Lobato1

Mayor
It was about time, this should have started in August 2008 & maybe before in 2007

Best Regards
Lobato1

Pres Obama at the SOTU:

"I am asking my Attorney General to create a special unit of federal prosecutors and leading state attorneys general to expand our investigations into the abusive lending and packaging of risky mortgages that led to the housing crisis. This new unit will hold accountable those who broke the law, speed assistance to homeowners, and help turn the page on an era of recklessness that hurt so many Americans."

The best part is, progressive champion New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is co-chairing the investigation and will make sure it stays on track.

Just weeks ago, this investigation wasn't even on the table, and the big banks were pushing for a broad settlement that would have made it impossible. Your work changed all that. (that would be us, the 99%)

fairsheet

Senator
Did I mention, Jon Corzine, prominent Obama bundler and contributor?
What you forgot to mention, is that Corzine and MFGlobal are ALREADY being investigated! If you want to spew an effective hate-angle, you should look for an ostensibly Obama-linked organization that looks as if it'll get a pass or escape from Obama Justice.

Friday13

Governor
Huzzah! They were pushing for the settlement, and several state attorneys general pushed back, my state included, with the citizens behind them. The banks were looking for immunity from prosecution in exchange for paying a pittance.

Friday13

Governor
when they [Dems] assumed the presidency in January, 2008
Really? Is that the new con method of accusing Obama of causing the economic crisis? Won't work. Shrub is still on the hook.

Council Member
According to CNBC's Rick Santilli today, the SEC knew, May last, that John Corzine's MF Global fund had a SIX BILLION Dollar exposure in European bonds. Yet when MF Global went to market to peddle subsidiary bonds to unsuspecting widows and orphans over here August last, they let MF Global say not a word about that exposure. And when that SIX BILLION dollar bond exposure went to ZERO September last, MF Global's bankruptcy was handled, not by SIPC, which would have protected the unsuspecting widows and orphans interests, the bankruptcy was supervised by SIPA (?) which cares not a whit about protecting the unsuspecting widows and orphans.
Jon Corzine (D-NJ), if you remember, was the Democrats 'Go To Guy" regarding the banking crisis when they assumed the presidency in January, 2008, according to VP Joe Biden. Also according to Joe Biden, Jon Corzine, former Democratic Senator, former Democratic Governor of New Jersey, is regarded as the 'Smartest Guy In The Room" financially in Democratic circles.
When do you predict the NYT will begin featuring articles regarding MF Global's bankruptcy? The WaPo? When will the NYT's Andrew Ross Sorkin's book detailing the events of MF Global's bankruptcy hit the bookshelves? When will HBO announce the production of a made for TV documentary based on Andrew Ross Sorkin's book about the MF Global bankruptcy?
Do I hear someone muttering something about "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear, does it make a sound?"
what you talking about, why should obama go after a part of wall street that was dealing with big money guys who were crying like a baby after they were screwed to the ground by MF, when Bush and the republicans stood by and let the financial crooks steal the money of regular people, in the housing and banking markets. I hope they fry their asses in a skillets anyone who was guilty, esp if they are republicans,

fairsheet

Senator
Shrub had no desire to stop what he had put in motion.
Aptteryx, you're too kind to Li'l George, Maybe if he KNEW what he'd put in motion, he'd have had no desire to stop it. But chances are...he was to godamned thick to even realize what he'd done.