• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

FGM

I'm sorry. I skimmed over the fact that you weren't talking about your "researcher". You were talking about someone else's "research" around your "researcher".
Was I? I've forgot ---------------- Darling, this is not a subject I have taken all that much notice of in the past - it is an uncomfortable one and I am really quite a coward - even when I do come to looking at unpleasant, to me, subjects it has usually been a very slow path toward me actually turning the first page - bringing myself to look into it. Once on the trail I'm OK usually ---------
Of this, as with most, at first I heard only of the most extreme forms and even those I realized later were exaggerated, so of course my reaction was that it was horrible ----------- then I realized there are many forms of FGM, still I was worried by the problems it was presenting us with, that we must now deal with, now that it was within our own societies -
Then I began to hear more and more of girls in the US having pussy enhancement procedures, being in the business I was in, I was already aware of genital piercings, and my first thoughts were in context with the influences of hip hop and such like on the youth of today - so still my opinion was emotive and uninformed, emotive as in against a foreign practice as an unknown, unfamiliar - and they were absolutely negative about FGM -
I get papers from this particular Researcher sent to me, I like the department and him - I like the questions he asks, I don't read them all but this one I did because it came at a time I, myself, had questioned the effects of FGM in connection with some African nurses - here it is, a turning point in my thoughts on FGM - not that I like it any better than I ever did but that I understand it better than I did as well as the, for want of a better word, racist aspects of our hypocricy through limited knowledge of and about it. Me too --------------

It really is worth a read - open mind my dear, open mind - a difficult discipline

fairsheet

Senator
I'll say it one more time. Equating female genital mutilation with male circumcision, is like comparing apples with cupcakes. Once again, this is an example of "the fact of the matter is" thought. In order for us to consider any useful relationship between the two, we have to accept your "the fact of the matter is that there's a useful comparison between the two". If we reject your "fact of the matter", your cites and opinions on this topic are of no use to us.

I'll say it one more time. Equating female genital mutilation with male circumcision, is like comparing apples with cupcakes. Once again, this is an example of "the fact of the matter is" thought. In order for us to consider any useful relationship between the two, we have to accept your "the fact of the matter is that there's a useful comparison between the two". If we reject your "fact of the matter", your cites and opinions on this topic are of no use to us.
Since that is not what this paper is about - not actually - it is a mute point, that you have made, fair.

Disagree about what though? We obviously haven't even been talking about the same thing > scratch head <

We have all been guilty of it fair -------- posting on an article without reading it first ----------- just be honest and say you are not interested, fine by me, I didn't actually expect any one on here to be or even 'get it' but thought it worth a try -

fairsheet

Senator
Disagree about what though? We obviously haven't even been talking about the same thing > scratch head <

We have all been guilty of it fair -------- posting on an article without reading it first ----------- just be honest and say you are not interested, fine by me, I didn't actually expect any one on here to be or even 'get it' but thought it worth a try -

We disagree as to whether or not this issue is even worthy of serious discussion.

Your continuing to press this issue, is bordering on rude.
What issue? I don't even know what you are talking about. What is the subject of the issue you don't want to discuss?

And being accused of being rude for answering a poster on a thread I started is a bit far fetched fair, old thing. well really!

Last edited: