• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fianlly got it!!!

Finally got the gun I always wanted, the same type I had in Vietnam., an M1A/M14, which is an M1 that's been chambered for a 7.62/51 NATO cartridge (.308 Winchester) and modified to take an external magazine. These things are accurate to 800 yards.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got the gun I always wanted, the same type I had in Vietnam., an M1A/M14, which is an M1 that's been chambered for a 7.62/51 NATO cartridge (.308 Winchester) and modified to take an external magazine. These things are accurate to 800 yards.
Are all of those government issue?

Sweet! Those are beautiful. I like it more than the M1 Garand. .308 is such a perfectly designed round, and that gun will treat it well.

Congrats!

freyasman

Senator
Congrats.... I carried one of those on my first Afghan tour.:)

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I shot the M-14 in both JROTC and when I joined the Marine Corps. Great rifle; drag it through the mud then shoot targets 500 yards away.

Springfield Armory's M1A looks great and has a great reputation. I'd love to own one. Maybe next year!

I shot the M-14 in both JROTC and when I joined the Marine Corps. Great rifle; drag it through the mud then shoot targets 500 yards away.

Springfield Armory's M1A looks great and has a great reputation. I'd love to own one. Maybe next year!
The M1A is an M-14 without the selector switch. BATF wouldn't let Springfield call it an M-14 due to that reason, hence the M-1A designation
That thing is quite accurate with just the Iron sights .I've got a scope mount for it, but hate to use a scope as I didn't have one in 'Nam.

Davidson's on line is a good place to get one. Just punch in your zip code and a list of local dealers will come up with what each dealer charges. I paid 1400 plus tax.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
The M1A is an M-14 without the selector switch. BATF wouldn't let Springfield call it an M-14 due to that reason, hence the M-1A designation
That thing is quite accurate with just the Iron sights .I've got a scope mount for it, but hate to use a scope as I didn't have one in 'Nam.

Davidson's on line is a good place to get one. Just punch in your zip code and a list of local dealers will come up with what each dealer charges. I paid 1400 plus tax.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx
The $1400 sounds about right. I'd keep mine stock too. I have others I use for hunting and can mount a scope upon. Right now, it'd be tough explaining to my wife why I need a $1500 wall decoration. ;)

Jen

Senator
I am not a gun person, so I don't know what any of that means. But congrats!!