• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Flooding down in Texas

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
So far,not at my house and we still have power. Had a few sleepless hours watching the water rise very early this morning. Rain eventually let up and the water receded to street level. We needed a break. Just now started raining hard again. Places that have never flooded before in our area are submerged now.

Still have plenty of provisions. Haven't had to break into the crate of hardtack yet. Many school districts have already cancelled all classes this week.

Jen

Senator
So far,not at my house and we still have power. Had a few sleepless hours watching the water rise very early this morning. Rain eventually let up and the water receded to street level. We needed a break. Just now started raining hard again. Places that have never flooded before in our area are submerged now.

Still have plenty of provisions. Haven't had to break into the crate of hardtack yet. Many school districts have already cancelled all classes this week.
Glad to see you are safe, @bdtex. There are some others I haven't heard from yet. Please take care and stay safe. I hope that, at this point, things will start to get better for everyone.

Days

Commentator
bd where are you in Texas? Houston area? How far are you from the Gulf coast? Harvey went inland? I saw where it made landfall as a cat 4 hurricane at Corpus Christie but I don't know if it trailed north or went straight inland. Thank God it didn't linger for 5 days like they projected.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
bd where are you in Texas? Houston area? How far are you from the Gulf coast? Harvey went inland? I saw where it made landfall as a cat 4 hurricane at Corpus Christie but I don't know if it trailed north or went straight inland. Thank God it didn't linger for 5 days like they projected.
I am 30 miles inland from Galveston. It did make landfall near Corpus Christi. Not sure where it meandered off to. It rapidly decreased to Category 1 after coming ashore.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see you are safe, @bdtex. There are some others I haven't heard from yet. Please take care and stay safe. I hope that, at this point, things will start to get better for everyone.
Catching a little break from the rain right now. We got hammered again for about an hour and a half earlier. Hate that for some of my friends.

Jen

Senator

My brother lived in Houston until just a few years ago. They lived along Buffalo Bayou and had a berm at the back of their yard. From what they are hearing now, flooding might be coming through from the street side. It must be really bad to do that.

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy

Stay alert and be careful.

My current line of work is Disaster recovery so I may be able to give some helpful advice.

SB

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

We've had CNN on all day. They've been covering Houston and other areas. Have relatives in Houston and they are expecting 25 more inches of rain and have already had 25". What a mess. Saw the FEMA guy talking and he sounds like he knows what he's doing. Hopefully. Good Luck!!

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
We've had CNN on all day. They've been covering Houston and other areas. Have relatives in Houston and they are expecting 25 more inches of rain and have already had 25". What a mess. Saw the FEMA guy talking and he sounds like he knows what he's doing. Hopefully. Good Luck!!
Yep. Big mess. Pretty good break in the rain today. The water is already gone in the street and the granddaughters are in the bathtub now. Another round of rain is due tonight some time.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Do us all a favor and stay safe brother. And if they do say get the hell out please, by all means, get the hell out.
Oh yeah. Been there done that before. My house is in a pretty good spot. The water so far has not gotten up my driveway even close to where it got in Tropical Storm Allison in June 2001. No storm surge happening either. Should be okay. Thanks.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It's hard to imagine what it's like to be there and to actually be living through this.
Thinking of you and everyone else having to go through this awful ordeal.
I hope things will soon be much better for you, yours, and your fellow Texans.
Thanks for updating us, BD. Good to know you're safe.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
It's your granddaughters and may be too late. But I wouldn't advise allowing them to do that. human waste can cause a lot of harm.
Anyway glad to hear your and your family are safe.
I survived it as a kid but yeah,it ain't the best idea. Got a little cabin pressure released. :D They are in a bubble bath now. My daughter went off in search of fast food.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
I survived it as a kid but yeah,it ain't the best idea. Got a little cabin pressure released. :D They are in a bubble bath now. My daughter went off in search of fast food.
Yes, we survived a lot back in the day. it was a different time lot more population human waste runoff from sewage systems chemicals plants and in your case oil refineries.
Fast Food did she go looking for rabbits? lol

Caroljo

Senator
Glad to hear your safe! My friend was telling me last night that her daughters boyfriend evacuated....but only went as far as Houston and she said she didn't think it was far enough!