• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Flooding down in Texas

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
We are getting a lotta rain tonight. It's not a monsoon but it is a steady hard rain and it has been going on for hours. Draining good here in my neighborhood but I know it's not helping in other areas. A friend that lives in Pasadena made it all the way to tonight before water started creeping in to his house. Feeling bad for him tonight. Thought I might get to bed early tonight but it ain't happening.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
We are getting a lotta rain tonight. It's not a monsoon but it is a steady hard rain and it has been going on for hours. Draining good here in my neighborhood but I know it's not helping in other areas. A friend that lives in Pasadena made it all the way to tonight before water started creeping in to his house. Feeling bad for him tonight. Thought I might get to bed early tonight but it ain't happening.
I hope you and your family get through it okay.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Official rainfall total for the municipality where my business is was 55" from Friday-Tuesday.

Days

Commentator
Official rainfall total for the municipality where my business is was 55" from Friday-Tuesday.
The previous record for a Texas hurricane was when Amelia rained 48 inches in 1974.

This is a satellite image of flooding from Harvey. (Houston to Corpus Christie)...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Lotta helicopters of all types buzzing the local skies. Traffic was light this morning but businesses that can are slowly starting to open up. Obviously,many are less than fully staffed. We had 2 that could not make it in.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I was reminded today that it is the 9th anniversary of Ike making landfall at Galveston. I was down there yesterday and some rebuilding is still going on.

Jen

Senator
I was reminded today that it is the 9th anniversary of Ike making landfall at Galveston. I was down there yesterday and some rebuilding is still going on.
It takes a very long time to recover from a devastating hurricane.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
It takes a very long time to recover from a devastating hurricane.
Strangely enough there were many uninsured rental properties in Galveston. About a 1/3 of the population there did not come back after Ike too. They were mostly renters with no rental insurance that lost everything.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
In a coupla weeks I'm gonna release my strategic reserves of gasoline, peanut butter,crackers,peanuts, granola bars,tuna and pork-n-beans back into the stream of commerce. :D

Jen

Senator
In a coupla weeks I'm gonna release my strategic reserves of gasoline, peanut butter,crackers,peanuts, granola bars,tuna and pork-n-beans back into the stream of commerce. :D
I"m not sure what this means.
Ya always need to have reserves.
Unexpired reserves, of course. Stale crackers.........ewwwww.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
bdtex said:

I think he was making a joke.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
It means I am gonna put the generator gasoline in my truck and consume the consumables. Maybe not the pork-n-beans....:D

Jen

Senator
It means I am gonna put the generator gasoline in my truck and consume the consumables. Maybe not the pork-n-beans....:D
Well, I figured as much. And I understand about the Pork n Beans. They always say that when you go hiking you should have emergency rations and the rations shouldn't be snickers but should be a can of cat food (otherwise you'll eat the emergency rations before it's an emergency). I guess the Pork n Beans was your "cat food" ration that you really would save for emergency.

Jen

Senator
bdtex said:

I think he was making a joke.
Yep. Pretty sure of it......... I spoke to that above in #55.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I guess the Pork n Beans was your "cat food" ration that you really would save for emergency.
Yeah but I shouldn't disparage them too much. I need to remember how grateful a hungry Confederate soldier woulda been for a can of pork-n-beans.