• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

For heaven sakes don't overmoderte the place

justoffal

Senator
this is a great place to post for a lot of reasons. After the closure of the fray I thought I would never find another home where I felt comfortable and yet here I am posting and arguing points and getting a shoe up my ass once in a while.

You know I have to tell you that the very best work done on the Fray was done in the closing weeks and months when the moderators virtually disappeared and we just let it all fly. There is no substitute for that kind of open forum stuff. Sure once in a while a maniac would span the place but they give up after a while and the battle begins anew.

You can't screw with art...good posting is an art form....when you over-moderate something like that it's like boiling milk...after awhile it's not milk any-more.

I mean its really up to you guys...but the constant whining and moaning a about trivial non matters is something that absolutely destroyed the Frayverse...also WAPO is going broke so they didn't want to spend the money on the software fixes any more.

I once had the fray editor close to establishing a fray board that would have been named Dodge city limits...WARNING TO ALL WHO ENTER HERE THERE IS NO MODERATION He saw it as a way to let the hardened more seasoned posters rip away at each other in plain English! I think the company lawyers scared him off of it.

Hardened seasoned posters?? doubt it.

Regards
Pace
Well, PACE, i agree with JO, this should not be a Victorian school of good manners, I am sure he is hardened, especially his grey matter.
So hard now that he lost any flexibility and accepts already prehardedned BS stuck in his head with no questions.

P

PACE

I saw a lot of belly button lint study on the Fray, so really I don't know what JO is talking about, there was an egocentric slant to those "hardened seasoned posters" boards.

Sad really,

Wink!

Regards
Pace

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The Fray was an unwashed armpit well before it's closing weeks and months. If that's what you want there's all kinds of sites online where you can get it.

justoffal

Senator
OH....how clever! MY....I mean I can't remember the last time I saw a play on words that challenged the skills of lewis Carroll so decisively.

P

PACE

wmou and lilmac both came out and publicly complimented me in the final days, wmou, or Jonesie said I changed his mind on a lot of things, so I would say some of the final days brought out the best in people.

Regards
Pace

P

PACE

Problem is you don't say.

Seeya JO

glad it landed, the barb that is, you and I both know there was a egocentric slant there, gimme a break.

REgards
Pace

justoffal

Senator
well it certainly had its bugs and trolls but it also had the free expanse of full argumentation that wasn't redacted to the point of being meaningless. Don't worry...I don't see that coming to this place....but I dare say that the fray was a place where the faint of heart just couldn't survive....

justoffal

Senator
Hey now....that " I'm rubber and you're glue " stuff is so reminiscent of your former fray posting! How refreshing! That's more like it!

justoffal

Senator
LILMAC??????? Bwahahahaha...LILMAC the babbling idiot was one of your admirers???? I mean...was there even a mind in there to change?

heh heh heh

justoffal

Senator
Well let's see now..we had the gay faction trying to throw everyone out of BOTF and the politically radical faction trying to eliminate all non lefties over in ballot box and the Freditors were always swamped with the constant whining of those who sought to own the place through group harassment... It was quite the mine filed to navigate but the subject matter was to die for...I mean like...literally.

:)

Jen

Senator
The problem with the Fray at that point was that it wasn't growing. And it only felt *warm* to the people who were used to that.

It's not the aim of PJ to imitate or be like the Fray. It needs to be a lot more diverse and welcoming to posters who might be a little put off by snot-slinging fights.

Obviously it's no fun to post with a moderator's shoe up your rear end, but we can figure out the right balance if we are patient.