• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

For once, Obama hits the bulls eye on his strategy . . .

000 obama degree.jpg

It’s certainly no secret that this writer (and many other Americans) don’t think much of Obama’s approach to economics, spending and taxes. This is to be expected from a president whose faculty colleagues at the University of Chicago described him as “uncurious and unashamed about topics other than his law courses”. Obama’s forte has always been politics/community organizing. And his highly developed skills in that area are on full display this week. He’s in the midst of a political masterstroke right now, and neither the media nor most of the democrats on capitol hill have caught on.

Last week several newspapers theorized that Obama had “checked out” – that is, given up attempting to govern, and had turned his brain off for the final 2 years of his term, amidst ratings that finally plunged below 40%, . Congressional democrats seem to be whistling past the graveyard when they assert no one would dare bring articles of impeachment against Obama over his power grabs. They are both clueless.

Obama is a brilliant poltiical strategist. He’s pursuing the only course of action possible to keep the senate in Democratic hands in November (the House is a lost cause – it will remain strongly GOP).

He’s Obama’s game plan:

· He understands that his policies are a liability to democrats in competitive races. Well, a liability to all democrats in virtually every state, except for a few select zip codes near Boston, Manhattan, Beverly Hills Angeles, and the south side of Chicago. So the President has NO INTENTION of campaigning where he’s not wanted. You’ll see 10X more political appearances by Michelle than Barack Hussein Obama between now and election day.

· Obama can’t help his party “on the issues” or with a defense of his policies. We have the weakest “recovery” in recorded history; a record tax increase a short while ago; the national debt has doubled since he came to power; and most nations loathe us – more so than when Bush was in office. So there will be no policy debate or defense.

· Rather, I believe Obama is deliberately fanning the flames of the immigration crisis, as well as overreach on a half dozen other sundry issues from constitutional issues to NSA spying to Benghazi lying which are INTENDED to bait the House into bringing articles of impeachment against him. That’s his strategy, and I agree it would be a “win” for the president and his party.

Obama may well be charged under the impeachment process, but he will certainly prevail. His democratic majority in the senate will ensure that. Rather, his intention is apparently to dominate the national news and debate for the next 4-5 months with his aloof, piss-poor policies and edicts.

This will forestall any ACTUAL election year debate on the REAL issues – taxes, spending, deficits, private sector job creation, and what to do about america’s 30% dropout rate (50% if you go to school in DC, Chicago, or any of dozen other inner city mostly black school districts). Those are the topics we SHOULD be debating in the run up to the mid terms. But we wont be – we’ll be debating impeachment. Will they or won’t they (bring charges) in the house? Are his offenses impeachable, or simply bad policy but within the scope of presidential authority? And by all means let’s play cat and mouse over Benghazi emails, IRS hard drives, and the white house aides who defy subpoenas to testify. All this will rivet the media’s attention AWAY from any examination of the national problems which need to be fixed.

Even tea party members, who pride themselves on being laser-focused on taxes and economics, are getting hoodwinked. Boehner seems to understand on some visceral level that impeachment would be a diversion, but Obama keeps raising the ante with outrageous new edicts, and Boehner is now seen by critics to his right as too forgiving and accommodating of the president. At some point he may have to “cave” to his party hotheads, or lose his job the way Cantor did.

Mr. President – I’ve never thought you were “dumb” – perhaps clueless about money and free markets, but not about politics. Historians and analysts will be dissecting your 2nd term for decades to come, whether or not your bull in a china shop white house succeeds in holding onto the senate.

After all, with you it’s ALWAYS been about politics and perception, and not the good of the country, right?

Arkady

President
View attachment 25769

It’s certainly no secret that this writer (and many other Americans) don’t think much of Obama’s approach to economics, spending and taxes. This is to be expected from a president whose faculty colleagues at the University of Chicago described him as “uncurious and unashamed about topics other than his law courses”. Obama’s forte has always been politics/community organizing. And his highly developed skills in that area are on full display this week. He’s in the midst of a political masterstroke right now, and neither the media nor most of the democrats on capitol hill have caught on.

Last week several newspapers theorized that Obama had “checked out” – that is, given up attempting to govern, and had turned his brain off for the final 2 years of his term, amidst ratings that finally plunged below 40%, . Congressional democrats seem to be whistling past the graveyard when they assert no one would dare bring articles of impeachment against Obama over his power grabs. They are both clueless.

Obama is a brilliant poltiical strategist. He’s pursuing the only course of action possible to keep the senate in Democratic hands in November (the House is a lost cause – it will remain strongly GOP).

He’s Obama’s game plan:

· He understands that his policies are a liability to democrats in competitive races. Well, a liability to all democrats in virtually every state, except for a few select zip codes near Boston, Manhattan, Beverly Hills Angeles, and the south side of Chicago. So the President has NO INTENTION of campaigning where he’s not wanted. You’ll see 10X more political appearances by Michelle than Barack Hussein Obama between now and election day.

· Obama can’t help his party “on the issues” or with a defense of his policies. We have the weakest “recovery” in recorded history; a record tax increase a short while ago; the national debt has doubled since he came to power; and most nations loathe us – more so than when Bush was in office. So there will be no policy debate or defense.

· Rather, I believe Obama is deliberately fanning the flames of the immigration crisis, as well as overreach on a half dozen other sundry issues from constitutional issues to NSA spying to Benghazi lying which are INTENDED to bait the House into bringing articles of impeachment against him. That’s his strategy, and I agree it would be a “win” for the president and his party.

Obama may well be charged under the impeachment process, but he will certainly prevail. His democratic majority in the senate will ensure that. Rather, his intention is apparently to dominate the national news and debate for the next 4-5 months with his aloof, piss-poor policies and edicts.

This will forestall any ACTUAL election year debate on the REAL issues – taxes, spending, deficits, private sector job creation, and what to do about america’s 30% dropout rate (50% if you go to school in DC, Chicago, or any of dozen other inner city mostly black school districts). Those are the topics we SHOULD be debating in the run up to the mid terms. But we wont be – we’ll be debating impeachment. Will they or won’t they (bring charges) in the house? Are his offenses impeachable, or simply bad policy but within the scope of presidential authority? And by all means let’s play cat and mouse over Benghazi emails, IRS hard drives, and the white house aides who defy subpoenas to testify. All this will rivet the media’s attention AWAY from any examination of the national problems which need to be fixed.

Even tea party members, who pride themselves on being laser-focused on taxes and economics, are getting hoodwinked. Boehner seems to understand on some visceral level that impeachment would be a diversion, but Obama keeps raising the ante with outrageous new edicts, and Boehner is now seen by critics to his right as too forgiving and accommodating of the president. At some point he may have to “cave” to his party hotheads, or lose his job the way Cantor did.

Mr. President – I’ve never thought you were “dumb” – perhaps clueless about money and free markets, but not about politics. Historians and analysts will be dissecting your 2nd term for decades to come, whether or not your bull in a china shop white house succeeds in holding onto the senate.

After all, with you it’s ALWAYS been about politics and perception, and not the good of the country, right?
Which colleagues, exactly, said he was "uncurious and unashamed about topics other than his law courses"? I Googled the phrase and found nothing.

Which colleagues, exactly, said he was "uncurious and unashamed about topics other than his law courses"? I Googled the phrase and found nothing.
this has been well reported. i'm suprised you claim to be ignorant of this. maybe you should read more, and write less?

NY times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/us/politics/30law.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://washingtonexaminer.com/chapter-ii-the-myth-of-the-rock-star-professor/article/2508418

http://youngcons.com/chicago-law-prof-on-obama-the-professors-hated-him-because-he-was-lazy-unqualified-never-attended-any-of-the-faculty-meetings/#!

Arkady

President
You appear to have provided the wrong links. Could you please link to the source where his faculty colleagues said he was "uncurious and unashamed about topics other than his law courses"?

The pieces you posted involved one libertarian former colleague taking swipes at him, but not for being "uncurious" (or even "incurious"), nor unashamed.

Or was this your tacit way of admitting you simply made up that quotation? If so, wouldn't an apology be a more forthright way to handle your breach of ethics?

MaryAnne

Governor
You really picked some great links. Did they name names,or was it the usual,'Colleagues said," with no names attached. Just another story made up in some ones mind.

No wonder most think the MSM sucks,big time.

MaryAnne

Governor
You appear to have provided the wrong links. Could you please link to the source where his faculty colleagues said he was "uncurious and unashamed about topics other than his law courses"?

The pieces you posted involved one libertarian former colleague taking swipes at him, but not for being "uncurious" (or even "incurious"), nor unashamed.

Or was this your tacit way of admitting you simply made up that quotation? If so, wouldn't an apology be a more forthright way to handle your breach of ethics?
Yes.

clearly you didn't read the links - you're a typical troll who demands proof, then doesn't even bother to read it. people like you are ruining this board. here's a direct quote from the NY times link:

“I don’t think anything that went on in these chambers affected him,” said Richard Epstein, a libertarian colleague who says he longed for Mr. Obama to venture beyond his ideological and topical comfort zones.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
asot makes up shit in every paragraph...like this pile:
"and most nations loathe us – more so than when Bush was in office."

Barbella

Senator
arkady is like obama himself - he has very specific knowledge about a few topics, but appears ignorant and unconcerned about 98% of the stuff he's never encountered.
The one good thing I can say about Arky is that he's, most times, polite and well mannered. Sometimes he gets a little snarky (Snarky Arky? LOL), but generally he stays away from personal insults and truckers mouth (unlike me... :D).

That said, he has ZERO common sense. :rolleyes:

Arkady

President
clearly you didn't read the links - you're a typical troll who demands proof, then doesn't even bother to read it. people like you are ruining this board. here's a direct quote from the NY times link:

“I don’t think anything that went on in these chambers affected him,” said Richard Epstein, a libertarian colleague who says he longed for Mr. Obama to venture beyond his ideological and topical comfort zones.
Wrong. I read all the links. I even burrowed down to a link in one of the links and read that, in case I was missing something. Not one of them contained the quotation you provided, or anything close. So, while you're apologizing to the group for willfully lying to use, you should also apologize for wasting people's time with links that didn't contain the information you were clearly trying to make people think they contained. If you're going to lie for political effect, and you get called on it, just apologize and move on. Don't double down by wasting people's time with a bunch of links that don't support your claim.

Arkady

President

Yep. People are allowed to have their own interpretations of the facts, but not their own facts. That's a distinction the right-wingers here just don't seem to get. It's as if, deep down, they know their whole belief system is built on lies, and so they don't hesitate to make stuff up to argue their points.

Arkady

President
The one good thing I can say about Arky is that he's, most times, polite and well mannered. Sometimes he gets a little snarky (Snarky Arky? LOL), but generally he stays away from personal insults and truckers mouth (unlike me... :D).

That said, he has ZERO common sense. :rolleyes:
I only wish I could live up to that description. I have to admit, I'm neither polite nor well-mannered here. It's my place to vent. In my real life, I deal with a lot of right-wingers I have to be polite with, for various reasons (e.g., to avoid sowing family discord, or to avoid professional awkwardness), and so this forum gives me an outlet for all the snark I have to keep holstered elsewhere.

You need to remove the Obama Bootlicker filter from your browser...go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Settings. Best of luck...

Barbella

Senator
I only wish I could live up to that description. I have to admit, I'm neither polite nor well-mannered here. It's my place to vent. In my real life, I deal with a lot of right-wingers I have to be polite with, for various reasons (e.g., to avoid sowing family discord, or to avoid professional awkwardness), and so this forum gives me an outlet for all the snark I have to keep holstered elsewhere.
Nah... compared to most others (including myself), your manners are pretty damn good.

Now if you could only find some common sense.... :);)

when bush was in office, he was able to put together coalitions of nations to protect democracy and human rights. obama at least knows enough not to try. there's an entire cottage industry in europe now developing laws and procedures to get around his incessant spying on our allies. merkel hates him. he gets no respect in england. putin openly mocks him. israel can't stand him. and a bunch of tin horn dictators from honduras to north korea threaten us daily.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Obama has become a joke, but his party is not laughing. The real question, how do you deal with a clown that won't quit,m but is to lazy to work and too stupid to know what to do. Epic fail.