• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fox News Hosts, Rick Santorum Lose It Over Trump Opposition Dirt Admission

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-2020-dirt-fox-news-rick-santorum_n_5d01ed6ee4b0304a1209cf7d

The words "I Think" don't mean "I Think" they are just filler words........... so the words " I Do " are the same ? or maybe " No collusion " are filler words also? So I see where the right wingers on here got their defense from.....top post on the great strategy ring a bell.....Fox News - you know the new s station they don't watch or read - lmao

MEDIA
06/13/2019 05:00 am ET Updated 23 hours ago
Fox News Hosts, Rick Santorum Lose It Over Trump Opposition Dirt Admission
Some of Trump’s staunchest defenders twisted themselves into knots after the president admitted he’d accept info from foreign governments on 2020 rivals.

By Lee Moran

President Donald Trump’s admission in an interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos that he would accept dirt on his 2020 opponents from foreign governments ― and perhaps not tell the FBI about it ― had his staunchest defenders scrambling for excuses on Wednesday night.

Sean Hannity, a host on the conservative cable network Fox News, ranted about Stephanopoulos setting up the president and predicted the confession would spark “another round of fake, phony, moral selective outrage.”

“In many ways, that was a genius setup because the media mob will fall right into his trap, breathlessly spewing fake, phony outrage over a non-story for days,” Hannity claimed.

Fellow primetime Fox News host Laura Ingraham demanded to know who in the Trump administration had approved the interview. Trump being “put in that situation is beyond me,” she said and suggested that Trump was “playing with” Stephanopoulos.

Rick Santorum, meanwhile, came up with what could be a contender for the most ridiculous defense of Trump yet. The former GOP senator from Pennsylvania told CNN’s Anderson Cooper that Trump had spoken “colloquially”:

“He has, sort of, as we all do, filler words that don’t mean what they say, like, ‘I think.’”

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/13/mcconnell-dismisses-trumps-foreign-election-help-comments-1364601

McConnell downplays Trump's foreign election help comments

By MATTHEW CHOI

06/13/2019 11:29 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President Donald Trump's comments on accepting foreign dirt in 2020 may have put some distance between him and Republicans in Congress.

But seemingly not with Mitch McConnell.

Speaking with Fox News' Laura Ingraham on Thursday night, the Senate majority leader spoke with exasperation over the backlash the president has received for saying he would hear out foreign assistance if offered in the 2020 election. McConnell portrayed the comments as a non-story, saying Congress had legislative agendas to focus on.

"They just can't let it go, Laura," McConnell said. "I said weeks ago, case closed. We got the Mueller report, the only objective evaluation that will be conducted."

Trump told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos in an interview segment published Wednesday that if foreign agents were to offer dirt on an opponent in 2020, he would likely accept it and not report it to the FBI. The remark drew fierce rebuttals from across the political spectrum, with many of the president's Republican allies distancing themselves from his comments.

WHITE HOUSE

Trump rushes into damage control after saying he’d accept foreign help in 2020

By ANDREW RESTUCCIA

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said taking help from foreign agents would be "probably not a good idea." Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said: "I’d rather just have Americans participate in American elections.”

McConnell said Democrats love to keep bringing up the 2016 presidential election, keeping them from passing any legislation. He also accused Democrats of trying to "harass" the president, borrowing from Trump's own lexicon.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/13/mcconnell-dismisses-trumps-foreign-election-help-comments-1364601

McConnell downplays Trump's foreign election help comments

By MATTHEW CHOI

06/13/2019 11:29 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
President Donald Trump's comments on accepting foreign dirt in 2020 may have put some distance between him and Republicans in Congress.

But seemingly not with Mitch McConnell.

Speaking with Fox News' Laura Ingraham on Thursday night, the Senate majority leader spoke with exasperation over the backlash the president has received for saying he would hear out foreign assistance if offered in the 2020 election. McConnell portrayed the comments as a non-story, saying Congress had legislative agendas to focus on.

"They just can't let it go, Laura," McConnell said. "I said weeks ago, case closed. We got the Mueller report, the only objective evaluation that will be conducted."

Trump told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos in an interview segment published Wednesday that if foreign agents were to offer dirt on an opponent in 2020, he would likely accept it and not report it to the FBI. The remark drew fierce rebuttals from across the political spectrum, with many of the president's Republican allies distancing themselves from his comments.

WHITE HOUSE

Trump rushes into damage control after saying he’d accept foreign help in 2020

By ANDREW RESTUCCIA

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said taking help from foreign agents would be "probably not a good idea." Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said: "I’d rather just have Americans participate in American elections.”

McConnell said Democrats love to keep bringing up the 2016 presidential election, keeping them from passing any legislation. He also accused Democrats of trying to "harass" the president, borrowing from Trump's own lexicon.
Don't Invest in Investigators

I trust foreigners to find out what is going on here, especially behind the choreographed scenes, more than I can take seriously the American puppet-show aficionados who are hired to do that job.