• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fox News Rushes to aid the Duck Dynasty Bigots!

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Wow who knew these white trash [Unwelcome language removed] on some reality show were so beloved....Now Fox has shut down their 24/7 anti ObamaCare nonsense and it is all hands on deck to defend the Bigots of Duck Dynasty...Good stuff....Let the fun begin...Can't wait until that old guy that looks somebody in Taliban gets to spit out more of his pearls of wisdom...Do it...Do it now!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
it's the culture stuff that gets cons all worked up. for cons, it's culture. for libs, it's policy.

anyway, A&E said it was the equating of bestiality with homosexuality that prompted the suspension. why do those who believe gay sex acts are sinful bring up bestiality? what's THAT all about? LOL

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
it's the culture stuff that gets cons all worked up. for cons, it's culture. for libs, it's policy.

anyway, A&E said it was the equating of bestiality with homosexuality that prompted the suspension. why do those who believe gay sex acts are sinful bring up bestiality? what's THAT all about? LOL
Ben Carson and Rick Santorum made the same leap, conflating consenting homosexual sex with non consenting animal sex.

Don't know what it's about, but the same idea keeps popping up from conservatives.

Wow who knew these white trash [Unwelcome language removed] on some reality show were so beloved....Now Fox has shut down their 24/7 anti ObamaCare nonsense and it is all hands on deck to defend the Bigots of Duck Dynasty...Good stuff....Let the fun begin...Can't wait until that old guy that looks somebody in Taliban gets to spit out more of his pearls of wisdom...Do it...Do it now!
Bigots? Seems those that are whining about Phil being a homophobe, and, rather than encouraging conversation to talk out the differences between the homosexual community, want to shut down talk so there is no discussion and hence no solution, are the real bigots.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Bigots? Seems those that are whining about Phil being a homophobe, and, rather than encouraging conversation to talk out the differences between the homosexual community, want to shut down talk so there is no discussion and hence no solution, are the real bigots.
Enjoy the comedy as the internet crème de la crème assesses who is "white trash".

:)

UPNYA2

Mayor
Indeed..........

Funny thing about bigotry salad, it is something unseen to the bigots.

Sort of like the way not one of your perverted little libby friends on here noticed any bigotry in YOUR labeling others as, " white trash [Unwelcome language removed]" because you do not agree with something one of them said.

Or might it be that it is not bias that Democrats/libs have a problem with at all? Seems to ME all they really dislike is any perceived bias toward one of their PC protected sub-sets of society, homos, women, minorities, muslims, illegals etc.

Say anything you please about males, whites, proud US citizens, hetrosexuals and Christans, not one lib will EVER confront you for that.

As we can all plainly see right here for example..........

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Enjoy the comedy as the internet crème de la crème assesses who is "white trash".

:)

Nothing to assess...just taking the man at his word.

Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers," he explained. "I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field … They're singing and happy."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/phil-robertson-black-people-mistreated-south-article-1.1553071#ixzz2o1oRKfJX

Hmmm, some disagree about who are the real BIGOTS.

The Duck Dynasty Fiasco Says More About Our Bigotry Than Phil’s
Why is our go-to political strategy for beating our opponents to silence them? Why do we dismiss, rather than engage them?

As you can imagine, everyone had an opinion about this statement, including GLAAD and Phil’s check-signer, A&E, who suspended the star indefinitely.

One of the conservative tweeters I follow — one of those Christians convinced that Obama is going to have him killed for his faith — lives for stuff like this. He quickly took to the Twitterverse and posted a side-by-side image of Pope Francis and Phil, with the following caption: “Both preach truth on homosexual sin. One is TIME’s Person of the Year. The other JUST GOT FIRED.”

The point is worth considering. Even though Phil used crass, juvenile language to articulate his point, what he was getting at was his belief that homosexual “desire” is unnatural and inherently disordered. This opinion isn’t unique to Phil. It’s actually shared by a majority of his fans.

It’s also shared, to some extent, by the Pope. Yes, that Pope — the one on the cover not just of TIME but also of The Advocate.

Of course, The Advocate knows the Pope’s thoughts on LGBT issues, including marriage equality. But as they note, Francis’ “stark change in rhetoric from his two predecessors” has set a positive example for how religious people ought to treat LGBT persons — an example that Phil, an elder at the White’s Ferry Road Church of Christ, ought to have followed in his GQ interview.

Read more: The 'Duck Dynasty' Fiasco Says More About Our Bigotry Than Phil's | TIME.com http://ideas.time.com/2013/12/19/the-duck-dynasty-fiasco-says-more-about-our-bigotry-than-phils/#ixzz2o1raciWY

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
the Duckster brought up bestiality and equated it with homosexuality. that's why A&E suspended him. what does bestiality have to do with anything?

the Duckster brought up bestiality and equated it with homosexuality. that's why A&E suspended him. what does bestiality have to do with anything?
Now that is weak. I've heard other's supporting that rather stupid idea and it's a sign that they are losing the argument.

Only a kook would equate Phil's itemizing of those things that are sins with equating Homosexuality and Bestiality. He itemized a whole slew of things that are 'sins'; in your mind did he equate all of them with homosexuality, you know, like heterosexual promiscuity?

You guys are losing the argument big time. And the point that you have to make stuff like this up proves it.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Ben Carson and Rick Santorum made the same leap, conflating consenting homosexual sex with non consenting animal sex.

Don't know what it's about, but the same idea keeps popping up from conservatives.
I'd say it was a rural thang, but I'm pretty sure neither Carson nor Santorum were raised around farm animals.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Now that is weak. I've heard other's supporting that rather stupid idea and it's a sign that they are losing the argument.

Only a kook would equate Phil's itemizing of those things that are sins with equating Homosexuality and Bestiality. He itemized a whole slew of things that are 'sins'; in your mind did he equate all of them with homosexuality, you know, like heterosexual promiscuity?

You guys are losing the argument big time. And the point that you have to make stuff like this up proves it.
A&E announced that the reason they suspended the Duck man was because he equated bestiality with homosexuality. do you need the link?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Nothing to assess...just taking the man at his word.

Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers," he explained. "I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field … They're singing and happy."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/phil-robertson-black-people-mistreated-south-article-1.1553071#ixzz2o1oRKfJX
so if I call someone white trash, my defense can be that the Duckster used it so it's okay?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
so if I call someone white trash, my defense can be that the Duckster used it so it's okay?
Phil referred to himself that way. I realize our society has plenty of lines drawn regarding what we say in judgment or in labeling of others; but reflecting their own labeling? If he says he's white trash, who I am to argue?

Hmmmm

Mayor
Solution to what?

A&E announced that the reason they suspended the Duck man was because he equated bestiality with homosexuality. do you need the link?
He was suspended because that's what they were told by the Kooks at GLAAD. The statement is quite specific in that it lists a number of actions that the church considers to be sins.

You really have to work hard to misinterpret it to that degree.

That's what the left does when they don't have an argument, which is most of the time; they also edit 9-11 calls to make people look like racists, don't report that astronomical failures that occur when their ideology is put into practice, like the fact that Unemployment claims are on a 9 month high, and home sales are tumbling once again, while the Fed continues to plumb 85 billion a month (over a trillion a year,) into the markets to keep the fat cats on wall street happy and finance the country's ever increasing debt which is getting harder and harder to get people to buy.

And then there's Obamacare, a really disaster that is causing much pain to a lot of people. Obama's just given the law another change, telling the Insurance companies to offer basic plans that don't include his mandates. They are saying, ain't no way they can afford to do that anymore and cover preexisting condition mandates and all the other crap.

What a freaking disaster. It's all going to have to stop and pretty damn soon.

fairsheet

Senator
"Hillbillyism" sells. Don't ask me why, but apparently the mass market enjoys watching hillbillies doing their hillbilly thing. But hey...it's a fine line they walk. There's really no GOOD reason why their schtick should sell in the first place - to the saps who buy it. But, they shouldn't get to weenie-whining when the saps are put off by their schtick.

It's my understanding that Paula Deen is still in bidness. More power to her. But, her "market" has shrunk considerably. I imagine the same thing will befall these yokels. As they say...the higher you climb, the farther you fall!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
He was suspended because that's what they were told by the Kooks at GLAAD. The statement is quite specific in that it lists a number of actions that the church considers to be sins.

You really have to work hard to misinterpret it to that degree.

That's what the left does when they don't have an argument, which is most of the time; they also edit 9-11 calls to make people look like racists, don't report that astronomical failures that occur when their ideology is put into practice, like the fact that Unemployment claims are on a 9 month high, and home sales are tumbling once again, while the Fed continues to plumb 85 billion a month (over a trillion a year,) into the markets to keep the fat cats on wall street happy and finance the country's ever increasing debt which is getting harder and harder to get people to buy.

And then there's Obamacare, a really disaster that is causing much pain to a lot of people. Obama's just given the law another change, telling the Insurance companies to offer basic plans that don't include his mandates. They are saying, ain't no way they can afford to do that anymore and cover preexisting condition mandates and all the other crap.

What a freaking disaster. It's all going to have to stop and pretty damn soon.
if you believe that homosexual acts are a sin, that's fine. what got the Duckster in trouble with the network (it's all about business, you know) was this:

"A&E’s top executive carefully considered whether to suspend "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson
over his anti-gay remarks, and ultimately decided his comparison of homosexuality to bestiality was over the line.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=844417