• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

'Free speech' would be refreshing if we actually had it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can't be fired for saying dumb things.
Good to know you think Gay Pride Month is dumb...………
Black History Months as well...………….

So STRAIGHT people should have no pride and according to you are dumb...…

You better stay at home, you couldn't make it on your own!

People are losing lifetime careers if they happen to utter even one of the forbidden words. It's getting downright scary for those of us who can recognize what's happening. Those of us who are over 50+ used to say a lot of words and use expressions that are all now considered so awful as a matter of course. Sometimes it's easy to just say something you spent a number of your years saying without thinking about it. The present consequences are really attention getting though.
You are free to start up your own company and set up your own rules. The company owners sets the rules.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
But .............. they are now illegal here and people do go to prison - a woman was arrested recently for saying 'have a gay day' to someone after a bit of a row in a car park --- Oh so many instances. They made rotten hate laws which they are now abusing and many of the judges are on side. Just look at Tommy Robinson - and he isn't the only one.
same with our 'hate crime' laws...…...according to what color you are if applied

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You are free to start up your own company and set up your own rules. The company owners sets the rules.
You've never started a business...………...owner may make SOME rules, but, gov makes the regulations owner must abide by...……...

You've never started a business...………...owner may make SOME rules, but, gov makes the regulations owner must abide by...……...
You are arguing that NFL players shouldn't face repercussions for kneeling? I think the premise of thread is that if they can't exercise their 1st amendment rights without consequences they aren't actually free.
NFL players are making the same argument too.

Boltlady

Mayor
Actually I did start my own company some 35 years ago and no, I'm not free to set my own rules. In my case there's never been a problem in who we can do business with or who can work for us because I've always been very open with people. It doesn't mean that I don't resent the fact that the choice isn't really mine. I was the one who made the sacrifices to get the thing going and it was tough.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You are arguing that NFL players shouldn't face repercussions for kneeling? I think the premise of thread is that if they can't exercise their 1st amendment rights without consequences they aren't actually free.
NFL players are making the same argument too.
Simple solution for NFL when players kneel, say LET US PRAY
NFL lost a boat load of money and made the no kneel rule or stay in locker room
Personally I don't give a damn, I don't watch football

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Expected a lot more in the way of nasty responses to this one. Too many people really have no idea of just how tight the screws are being put to us. We keep hearing about how 'free' we are and while we may be more so than some, we definitely are not free.
Tell us more. Examples?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can't be fired for saying dumb things.
That's right.
At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of the employee's race ...

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I agree,

MAGA Nationalist should be openly racist and tell everyone that they are racist by wearing their Made In China MAGA hats so we all know.

Yes, do that ... go to the job and let everyone know you're racist

thx
or do as your Antifa punks and hide their face with chick made mask

Expected a lot more in the way of nasty responses to this one. Too many people really have no idea of just how tight the screws are being put to us. We keep hearing about how 'free' we are and while we may be more so than some, we definitely are not free.
Again, freely express your disdain for Americans ...

Please do such at every job you're hired at openly and often

Love being a broke ass'd KKKon support MAGA Nation

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
That's right.
At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal (e.g. firing because of the employee's race ...
not all of O's 57 states have that 'at-will-employment'