• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Freedom of Speech

redtide

Mayor
m
"so the enforcement of political correctness" rt
You quote me, and then state that.
I don't recall having introduced, or used the term "enforcement of political correctness".
Because you shotgun quotation style is not specific, I can't determine what point you're pretending to be responding to.

If you will make a comprehensible point, I can attempt a reply. But apart from you quoting me, I can't accurately guess at what you have in mind.

Who censored whom?
my point is that the left is against free speech and is actively working to take away our right to the same

sear

Mayor
"This was all because those of you on the left decided not to let someone speak." Sl #19
You think I'm on the left?

I don't need your palaver. But I eagerly encourage you to CONCISELY quote me on a comment which corroborates your delusion.
Thanks.
But ya know please, we would all like to hear more about Birds [Unwelcome language removed] and dictionaries....:rolleyes: Sl

Delicious. Details available upon request.

sear

Mayor
"my point is that the left is against free speech and is actively working to take away our right to the same" rt #21
I don't know if you're so ignorant you sincerely believe this, or not.
So I can't determine for certain if you're ignorant, or fraudulent.

Either way the dictionary alone proves you wrong. Your term "the left" is a reference to liberalism.

liberal (lîb´er-el, lîb´rel) adjective
Abbr. lib.
open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

[Middle English, generous, from Old French, from Latin lìberâlis, from lìber, free.] *

IF YOU MEAN DEMOCRAT, THEN SPECIFY DEMOCRAT !! Your demonizing tolerance is inexcusable !

* Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

redtide

Mayor
I don't know if you're so ignorant you sincerely believe this, or not.
So I can't determine for certain if you're ignorant, or fraudulent.

Either way the dictionary alone proves you wrong. Your term "the left" is a reference to liberalism.

liberal (lîb´er-el, lîb´rel) adjective
Abbr. lib.
open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

[Middle English, generous, from Old French, from Latin lìberâlis, from lìber, free.] *

IF YOU MEAN DEMOCRAT, THEN SPECIFY DEMOCRAT !! Your demonizing tolerance is inexcusable !

* Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.
Bless your heart, your use of the dictionary ( definitions based upon a point in time) to feign neutrality or not understanding the point is a sad attempt and is getting old.

sear

Mayor
rt #24

You're just plain old outright wrong.
My father authored over a dozen books.
My mother was a newspaper editor.
I've been to college, and have years of experience in law.
I will now quote a lawyer, and former FBI agent:

"Precision & clarity in the use of language leads to precision & clarity of thought." G. Gordon Liddy

I'm former military. When I communicate I make deliberate effort to say what I mean, & mean what I say, as the best in our military continue to do today. It's the mark of a person of integrity. Little wonder you don't recognize it.

I'm also a scientist. And science is a discipline of precision.
I use the dictionary daily *. Apparently you do not. It's a major component of the explanation of your mental mire.
"feign neutrality or not understanding the point is a sad attempt and is getting old." rt
I was on the debate team in school.
Know it or not, believe it or not, like it or not, admit it or not, defining terms in formal debate is routine. If you were better educated, you wouldn't need to have these fundamentals explained to you.

* I have numerous resources bookmarked, starting with the OED. Short of me recommending it to you, I couldn't be as precise, as factually correct as I am without these unlimited resources at my command.

redtide

Mayor
rt #24

You're just plain old outright wrong.
My father authored over a dozen books.
My mother was a newspaper editor.
I've been to college, and have years of experience in law.
I will now quote a lawyer, and former FBI agent:

"Precision & clarity in the use of language leads to precision & clarity of thought." G. Gordon Liddy

I'm former military. When I communicate I make deliberate effort to say what I mean, & mean what I say, as the best in our military continue to do today. It's the mark of a person of integrity. Little wonder you don't recognize it.

I'm also a scientist. And science is a discipline of precision.
I use the dictionary daily *. Apparently you do not. It's a major component of the explanation of your mental mire.

I was on the debate team in school.
Know it or not, believe it or not, like it or not, admit it or not, defining terms in formal debate is routine. If you were better educated, you wouldn't need to have these fundamentals explained to you.

* I have numerous resources bookmarked, starting with the OED. Short of me recommending it to you, I couldn't be as precise, as factually correct as I am without these unlimited resources at my command.
Awe, Bless your heart.

sear

Mayor
"To the left, free speech means we are free to agree with their speech, not have our own." MA #25
I'm not defending the left here per se, but rather defending the principle of legitimacy, a principle MA #25 clearly lacks.

If you would like to quote "the left", and then present a logically valid argument for your position that's fine.
But you're just a liar, you're libeling "the left" because you lack the legitimacy to make your case persuasively. So I deduce you'll continue your fraudulent ways, despite being exposed.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. -- Plato

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
"So did I" what?
[JD: As a teenager I volunteered in time of war to place life & limb at risk to demonstrate my allegiance to the Constitution.]
So you're a Democrat?
[Nope, I am an American.]

Why the haste of SCOTUS' Bush v. Gore ruling? There was still time to simply complete the Florida recount. But no. Instead the Republicans accomplished via court ruling what they had apparently failed to accomplish at the ballot box.

Really?
And just what exactly is it you allege the Libertarians* did?

Rather than you continuing to beat around the bush, why not simply state your accusation plainly?
Just what party is it you're accusing me of being a member of? al Qaida?!

I don't recall expressing my opposition to cruelty to animals in this forum either.
You think that's an endorsement of cruelty to animals on my part?!

JD:
I understand.
You apparently think I (we) do NOT understand, recognize your low IQ, low education
[I'll put my intelligence up against yours anytime, with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair.]
levels. But it's plain as day.
You're quick to accuse, when a disciplined mind would simply ask the question: 'What's your political party?'

I don't recall a single accusation you've made against me that is valid.
So you're maintaining a perfect record, 100% incorrect! And you're so corrupt, so untrustworthy you're not in the least ashamed.
That merely compounds your disgrace.
[If you vote Democrat then you are guilty of all the crimes committed by Democrats.]

"All honors wounds are self-inflicted." Andrew Carnegie

I haven't disgraced you JD. You've done so entirely on your own.
[You are not smart enough to disgrace me.]
* Please visit www.lp.org
All are welcome.

rt reply pending
My responces to you are embedded in your post.