• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Funny Democrats

Zam-Zam

Senator
Maybe next time they can do a minstrel show:

In less than three minutes, a comedy routine between Hillary Clinton and Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York managed to cause a storm of controversy over a racially charged joke.
It happened on Saturday night when Mrs. Clinton made a surprise visit to the Inner Circle dinner, an annual black-tie event that brings together the city’s press corps, lobbyists and lawmakers. She strode onstage with Mr. de Blasio and Leslie Odom Jr., the actor who plays Aaron Burr in the hit musical “Hamilton.”

“Thanks for the endorsement, Bill,” Mrs. Clinton said to Mr. de Blasio, a former aide to Mrs. Clinton when she was a senator from New York who nonetheless dallied in supporting her. “Took you long enough.”

“Sorry, Hillary,” Mr. de Blasio said. “I was running on C.P. time,” a reference to the stereotype “Colored People Time,” which drew some cringes from the audience.

Mr. Odom, who is black and appeared to be in on the joke, interrupted: “That’s not — I don’t like jokes like that, Bill.”

Mrs. Clinton jumped in. “Cautious politician time. I’ve been there,” she said.

The joke quickly made its way around social media as both Mrs. Clinton and Senator Bernie Sanders work to woo black voters ahead of the April 19 primary in New York. Both Mr. de Blasio and Mrs. Clinton have a reputation for running late, but the expression struck some as inappropriate.

New York magazine captured the exchange and asked “Does your wife, Chirlane, know about this joke?” referring to Mr. de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray, who is African-American. Salon called the comedy skit “cringe worthy.” A headline in Gawker read “Hillary Clinton Tries to Prove She’s Not Racist with Awkward Joke About ‘Colored People Time.’”

Complete text: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/11/hillary-clinton-bill-de-blasio/?_r=0

CP time - Isn't that a hoot?

RickWA

Snagglesooth

In less than three minutes, a comedy routine between Hillary Clinton and Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York managed to cause a storm of controversy over a racially charged joke.
It happened on Saturday night when Mrs. Clinton made a surprise visit to the Inner Circle dinner, an annual black-tie event that brings together the city’s press corps, lobbyists and lawmakers. She strode onstage with Mr. de Blasio and Leslie Odom Jr., the actor who plays Aaron Burr in the hit musical “Hamilton.”

“Thanks for the endorsement, Bill,” Mrs. Clinton said to Mr. de Blasio, a former aide to Mrs. Clinton when she was a senator from New York who nonetheless dallied in supporting her. “Took you long enough.”

“Sorry, Hillary,” Mr. de Blasio said. “I was running on C.P. time,” a reference to the stereotype “Colored People Time,” which drew some cringes from the audience.

Mr. Odom, who is black and appeared to be in on the joke, interrupted: “That’s not — I don’t like jokes like that, Bill.”

The joke quickly made its way around social media as both Mrs. Clinton and Senator Bernie Sanders work to woo black voters ahead of the April 19 primary in New York. Both Mr. de Blasio and Mrs. Clinton have a reputation for running late, but the expression struck some as inappropriate.

New York magazine captured the exchange and asked “Does your wife, Chirlane, know about this joke?” referring to Mr. de Blasio’s wife, Chirlane McCray, who is African-American. Salon called the comedy skit “cringe worthy.” A headline in Gawker read “Hillary Clinton Tries to Prove She’s Not Racist with Awkward Joke About ‘Colored People Time.’”

Complete text: http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/11/hillary-clinton-bill-de-blasio/?_r=0

When you're a lefty, you get a pass on such things. She needn't worry.

What is truly instructive, though, is how hard she is working to shed her image as a stiff.

Hillary Clinton is the most "cardboard cutout" candidate since Al Gore.

Trump and Clinton...how did we get to such a place?

Zam-Zam

Senator
When you're a lefty, you get a pass on such things. She needn't worry.

What is truly instructive, though, is how hard she is working to shed her image as a stiff.

Hillary Clinton is the most "cardboard cutout" candidate since Al Gore.

Trump and Clinton...how did we get to such a place?

Sad, isn't it? Hard to imagine any people less-gifted as these two, and they're the nominees. Then again, how much worse could it be than what we have now?

It's comforting to know that in the grand scheme of things, Presidents don't really matter all that much......:>)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Sad, isn't it? Hard to imagine any people less-gifted as these two, and they're the nominees. Then again, how much worse could it be than what we have now?

It's comforting to know that in the grand scheme of things, Presidents don't really matter all that much......:>)
That's true. Big picture they are small potatoes, it's just striking that this is what rises to the top (of 330M people) in our politics.

It's almost like decency and authenticity are filtered out by design...like maybe we should all take a step back and observe what this world prizes most highly.

Who could've seen this coming? ;)

Zam-Zam

Senator
That's true. Big picture they are small potatoes, it's just striking that this is what rises to the top (of 330M people) in our politics.

It's almost like decency and authenticity are filtered out by design...like maybe we should all take a step back and observe what this world prizes most highly.

Someone once said that you get the government you deserve. We've become so partisan that we fail to hold our preferred candidates accountable for anything, so long as they're waving the party flag. Republicans are loathe to call out Trump on anything, Democrats turn a blind eye to then conduct exhibited by Clinton. So here we are, two bottom-of-the-barrel candidates, one of them about to become President by default. It's a bad deal, but we've no one to blame but ourselves. Perhaps it will serve as a wake-up call, but I'm not holding my breath.

There are more important things in life, so this to me isn't really that big of a deal. It is good for a few laughs, however.

Days

Commentator
Someone once said that you get the government you deserve. We've become so partisan that we fail to hold our preferred candidates accountable for anything, so long as they're waving the party flag. Republicans are loathe to call out Trump on anything, Democrats turn a blind eye to then conduct exhibited by Clinton. So here we are, two bottom-of-the-barrel candidates, one of them about to become President by default. It's a bad deal, but we've no one to blame but ourselves. Perhaps it will serve as a wake-up call, but I'm not holding my breath.

There are more important things in life, so this to me isn't really that big of a deal. It is good for a few laughs, however.
All it really means is which party runs the executive branch for the next four years. So we either get bad politics from the left or bad politics from the right. It is like deciding which side of the lemon tree to pick your lemon from.

Spinning Off Its Axis

The world doesn't determine who succeeds, only those who own the world do that.

Someone once said that you get the government you deserve. It's a bad deal, but we've no one to blame but ourselves.

Begging the Question--They Even Prevent You From Knowing What That Means

We aren't allowed to do anything to deserve this regime. As long as a republic is forced on us, we are not responsible for what those such an anti-democratic scheme empowers do to us.

As I've said many times, Hillary Clinton is absolutely terrible at pretending to be a human being.